UFC on the same night as Boxing - Is it wise? - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 12-09-2012, 02:25 PM   #21 (permalink)
Amateur
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 167
fightfan76 is a jewel in the roughfightfan76 is a jewel in the roughfightfan76 is a jewel in the roughfightfan76 is a jewel in the roughfightfan76 is a jewel in the roughfightfan76 is a jewel in the roughfightfan76 is a jewel in the roughfightfan76 is a jewel in the roughfightfan76 is a jewel in the roughfightfan76 is a jewel in the roughfightfan76 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
First fight was a draw, next two were controversial decisions in Pacquiao's favor, and now they may fight for a fifth time, which would be pointless.
I thought them fighting this time was pointless, the logic in boxing makes no sense to me and I really dont think I will ever buy a boxing ppv again tbh. I would have bought Maywhether/Pac-man had they fought b/4 they dicked around for 5 years and rendered the biggest boxing event/pay day in history irrelevant. I mean seriously, even though I saw Pac beat Bradley w/ my own eyes (on replay) I lost all interest in that super-fight right there. At least in MMA we get the fights we want to see even if the competitive structure is not perfect. The sheep can keep buying boxing ppvs if they want, I just dont think there is a fight I want to see bad enough to pay $70(HD in my area) for.....
fightfan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 12-09-2012, 02:26 PM   #22 (permalink)
Super Heavyweight
 
ClydebankBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 4,941
Blog Entries: 1
ClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
That was the premise of the thread, this is actually the worst thing for the UFC at the moment because all the attention is on Boxing, the UFC seems to be an after-thought right now.

In the long run I guess it helps because Mayweather/Pacquiao is dead and not many people know about guys like Austin Trout and Andre Ward.
__________________


MMA Forum Survival GP Season 5 Winner
VIP FFL 2013: 19th (Last) - 40 Points
ClydebankBlitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:30 PM   #23 (permalink)
LL
Rough Sex and Banana Pudding
 
LL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dance Class with Dom.
Posts: 8,710
LL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydebankBlitz View Post
Interest in the fight is completely dead, is there any real doubt that Mayweather would box him up now? No, the fight should have happened back in 2010 but they've stalled on it for years and now Pacquiao has ended up losing.

I guess it could still happen, but they're not gonna make anywhere near as much money as they would have made a couple of years ago and the interest won't be nearly what it was either. This could have been the biggest fight of all time and they blew it.
__________________
2013 VIP FFL Champion
THE RETURN - 9/27/14
Machida - Alves - Cruz - JDS - Weidman - Condit - Pettis - Edgar - Cowboy - Dodson - Okami
LL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:32 PM   #24 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 85
HadouKEN Is Destined For GreatnessHadouKEN Is Destined For GreatnessHadouKEN Is Destined For GreatnessHadouKEN Is Destined For GreatnessHadouKEN Is Destined For GreatnessHadouKEN Is Destined For GreatnessHadouKEN Is Destined For GreatnessHadouKEN Is Destined For GreatnessHadouKEN Is Destined For GreatnessHadouKEN Is Destined For GreatnessHadouKEN Is Destined For Greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
That was the premise of the thread, this is actually the worst thing for the UFC at the moment because all the attention is on Boxing, the UFC seems to be an after-thought right now.

In the long run I guess it helps because Mayweather/Pacquiao is dead and not many people know about guys like Austin Trout and Andre Ward.
Of course it's dead, Manny looks like a complete idiot now not taking the 40 million offer from floyd(despite the fact he fought bradley for less money).

There are plenty of good boxers out there, Broner, Canelo, Donaire (even though he's ducking fighters) but I will say Ward is the best pound for pound right now.
HadouKEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:40 PM   #25 (permalink)
Super Heavyweight
 
ClydebankBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 4,941
Blog Entries: 1
ClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings System
Ward is the best? So in summary, you want Floyd Mayweather to move from welterweight to super middleweight? Lmao. Also, it wasnt about the money. You think Pacquiao needs any more? Mayweather wanted all the rewards even though Pacquiao was putting his belt up too. They were joint #1, but Mayweather thought the fact that he talks shit and sells PPVs more meant that he should have much more than a 50/50 split, and Pacquiao wanted half of the income, regardless of how much it was.

And talk isnt dead. It's like saying talk for the Mayweather/Cotto fight was dead when Pac beat Miguel. It's the challenges that the other man brings which has the fights hyped. It would still be the biggest fight since Haye and Klitschko and probably would be the biggest income for a fight of all time.
__________________


MMA Forum Survival GP Season 5 Winner
VIP FFL 2013: 19th (Last) - 40 Points
ClydebankBlitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:48 PM   #26 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 85
HadouKEN Is Destined For GreatnessHadouKEN Is Destined For GreatnessHadouKEN Is Destined For GreatnessHadouKEN Is Destined For GreatnessHadouKEN Is Destined For GreatnessHadouKEN Is Destined For GreatnessHadouKEN Is Destined For GreatnessHadouKEN Is Destined For GreatnessHadouKEN Is Destined For GreatnessHadouKEN Is Destined For GreatnessHadouKEN Is Destined For Greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydebankBlitz View Post
Ward is the best? So in summary, you want Floyd Mayweather to move from welterweight to super middleweight? Lmao. Also, it wasnt about the money. You think Pacquiao needs any more? Mayweather wanted all the rewards even though Pacquiao was putting his belt up too. They were joint #1, but Mayweather thought the fact that he talks shit and sells PPVs more meant that he should have much more than a 50/50 split, and Pacquiao wanted half of the income, regardless of how much it was.

And talk isnt dead. It's like saying talk for the Mayweather/Cotto fight was dead when Pac beat Miguel. It's the challenges that the other man brings which has the fights hyped. It would still be the biggest fight since Haye and Klitschko and probably would be the biggest income for a fight of all time.
Pound for pound Ward is the best he is the only fighter who has cleaned out a division right now. Please explain to me how he isn't the best pound for pound right now. Where did I say I wanted Floyd to move up in weight? Can't you read? Don't just make things up like your idiotic claim that Mike Tyson couldn't cut off the ring.

If its not about money why did Manny so adamantly demand 50/50, agree to less and then turn around and ask for 50/50 again? Lmao!! Mayweather is the bigger draw and his numbers prove it, but he originally agreed to 50/50 in addition to pac's glove size, ring size demands as well as his weight penalty and who gets announced and enters the rign first and Manny walked away from all of that over a drug test dispute.

I'm not saying Mayweather doesn't have an ego but he has clearly been consistent with what he wants which is the drug testing. Pacquiao has yet to take a drug test.

Give me some evidence as to why the fight with Mayweather should still happen, and your Pacquiao vs Cotto fight comparison is a complete joke, completely different scenario because Pacquiao looked very impressive against Cotto whereas here he did not. Are you serious?
HadouKEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:55 PM   #27 (permalink)
Super Heavyweight
 
ClydebankBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 4,941
Blog Entries: 1
ClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings System
We were talking about opponents for Floyd, I mentioned Canelo and Marquez...and you threw out Ward's name for some reason.

Pacquiao wanted what he deserved. Pac has never been offered 50%. When he accepted the drug testing, the money issue was brought up. Mayweather was never scared imo. He just wanted to bully his way to the fight, whichh he thinks would give him the mental edge on his opponent.

He has in NO way been consistant. I was keeping up with the reports when I was on ESB and he was bringing up something new every time Pacquia caved.

Pacquiao didnt look impressive because of the opponent, not his skill set. As I said, give him Ortiz or Canelo and the "prime" fighter reappears. Pacquiao doesnt look as impressive against counter punchers and defencive fighters. That's a fact. He lost, so it would always take some sting out, but theres no denying that Pacquiao poses the biggest threat to Mayweather right now in their near weight divisions and would probably still be able to bring the fight over the line as the highest revenue ever since it's still the two most popular fighters on the planet.

And Mayweather is still #1 P4P. It's pretty much Mayweather, Ward then Martinez.
__________________


MMA Forum Survival GP Season 5 Winner
VIP FFL 2013: 19th (Last) - 40 Points
ClydebankBlitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:19 PM   #28 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 85
HadouKEN Is Destined For GreatnessHadouKEN Is Destined For GreatnessHadouKEN Is Destined For GreatnessHadouKEN Is Destined For GreatnessHadouKEN Is Destined For GreatnessHadouKEN Is Destined For GreatnessHadouKEN Is Destined For GreatnessHadouKEN Is Destined For GreatnessHadouKEN Is Destined For GreatnessHadouKEN Is Destined For GreatnessHadouKEN Is Destined For Greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydebankBlitz View Post
We were talking about opponents for Floyd, I mentioned Canelo and Marquez...and you threw out Ward's name for some reason.

Pacquiao wanted what he deserved. Pac has never been offered 50%. When he accepted the drug testing, the money issue was brought up. Mayweather was never scared imo. He just wanted to bully his way to the fight, whichh he thinks would give him the mental edge on his opponent.

He has in NO way been consistant. I was keeping up with the reports when I was on ESB and he was bringing up something new every time Pacquia caved.

Pacquiao didnt look impressive because of the opponent, not his skill set. As I said, give him Ortiz or Canelo and the "prime" fighter reappears. Pacquiao doesnt look as impressive against counter punchers and defencive fighters. That's a fact. He lost, so it would always take some sting out, but theres no denying that Pacquiao poses the biggest threat to Mayweather right now in their near weight divisions and would probably still be able to bring the fight over the line as the highest revenue ever since it's still the two most popular fighters on the planet.

And Mayweather is still #1 P4P. It's pretty much Mayweather, Ward then Martinez.
I did not bring up Ward as an opponent for Floyd. Lyoto said, "In the long run I guess it helps because Mayweather/Pacquiao is dead and not many people know about guys like Austin Trout and Andre Ward." And I had said I thought Ward right now is pound for pound best right now. No way at all did I say he was a possible opponent for Floyd, LOL.

LOL so pac wasn't offered 50-50? is that what you are saying?:

"The much-anticipated bout between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Manny Pacquiao is all but set for March 13, a source told Yahoo! Sports.

Mayweather has agreed to terms and promoter Bob Arum is making a trip to Manila, Philippines, to finalize a deal with Pacquiao, the source said."

This was in 2009. Mayweather has very much been consistent with his deamnds to say otherwise is just asinine. I disagree I think Sergio Martinez is the biggest threat to Mayweather because MArtinez can beat him, I highly doubt Pac could ever beat Floyd. LOL so it was Floyd who insisted on a new stadium? A date later than May 5th?, multiple excuses as to why a drug test could not occur?

I disagree that Mayweather is the #1 pound for pound, he hasn't faced the best fighters out there in years unlike Andre Ward and he has never cleaned out a division. This is my PERSONAL OPINION, you are free to agree with ESPN and such, but this my personal opinion. (in regards to pound for pound) Even ESPN agrees that it's hurting Floyd due to his inactivity.
HadouKEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:38 PM   #29 (permalink)
CAN I GET AN AMEN?
 
xxpillowxxjp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Memphis, Tennessee
Posts: 1,555
xxpillowxxjp Is Respected By All He Crossesxxpillowxxjp Is Respected By All He Crossesxxpillowxxjp Is Respected By All He Crossesxxpillowxxjp Is Respected By All He Crossesxxpillowxxjp Is Respected By All He Crossesxxpillowxxjp Is Respected By All He Crossesxxpillowxxjp Is Respected By All He Crossesxxpillowxxjp Is Respected By All He Crossesxxpillowxxjp Is Respected By All He Crossesxxpillowxxjp Is Respected By All He Crossesxxpillowxxjp Is Respected By All He Crosses
Hey guess what, there's a boxing forum.

Stay on topic please.
__________________
Bendo | Aldo | Cerrone | Vitor | Fedor | Cormier

Need to book a pro or amateur mma fight in the midsouth area? PM ME!!

Sig by Limba
xxpillowxxjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:39 PM   #30 (permalink)
LL
Rough Sex and Banana Pudding
 
LL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dance Class with Dom.
Posts: 8,710
LL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings System
I wasn't mentioning Ward as a potential opponent, I'm talking about him in general, he's one of my favorite boxers but I don't know how well known he is among the casual fight fan which would be a shame.
__________________
2013 VIP FFL Champion
THE RETURN - 9/27/14
Machida - Alves - Cruz - JDS - Weidman - Condit - Pettis - Edgar - Cowboy - Dodson - Okami
LL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios