***OFFICIAL*** Hector Lombard vs. Rousimar Palhares Thread - Page 10 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

View Poll Results: Your prediction

Hector Lombard 23 74.19%
Rousimar Palhares 8 25.81%
Draw 0 0%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Reply

Old 12-15-2012, 05:26 PM   #91 (permalink)
SPEED KILLS
 
SM33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,601
SM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World Renown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life B Ez View Post
Hector has no ******* clue how to cut off the cage. He was chasing Paul Harris around like an idiot. Anyone with just decent footwork would have been able to land and circle out time and time again and Lombard would be left standing around like a.....wait a minute...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3
You think a guy with as many fights as Lombard has never heard of cutting off the cage? He was owning Palhares in terms of movement. At all points of the fight, Hector moved to Palhares' lead(jab), and Palhares was forced to move towards Hecotor's left(power) hand.

If the cage is to Rousimar's left side, Hector does not need to move to Rousimar's right. His power hand is there waiting for when Palhares tries to circle out.
__________________
SM33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 12-15-2012, 05:31 PM   #92 (permalink)
"Focus"
 
Life B Ez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 8,617
Life B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings System
Is that why he consistently was out of range until palhares tried to go back inside towards the cage because he didn't know what he was doing or the reason Tim was always out odd range. Lombard follows his opponents along a line. He doesn't cut off the cage. Watch him fight he walks right after the guy as he backs away. If he could cut the cage effectively he wouldn't be left standing looking all the time.

You really think that kind of footwork would even give Anderson a reason to work? Belcher would be able avoid it easily. Anderson would laugh.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3
__________________
Think. It Ain't Illegal Yet
"Discipline Hurts Less Than Regret"
Life B Ez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:32 PM   #93 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Manchestoorrrrrrr
Posts: 1,469
GrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Quote:
Originally Posted by RearNaked View Post
I never said I approved of how Boetch beat Lombard. But it worked.

He showed how to beat Lombard, he showed the holes in Lombard's game, and that really isn't how Boetch normally fights.

But it's exactly how Bisping fights. And Bisping would smoke Lombard by using that same strategy only 100 times more effectively.

I don't approve of point fighting, but it's here to stay. And Lombard, who would have been a lot of fun to watch in the UFC 7 years ago, is a relic of a time gone by and will never amount to anything in the UFC unless he's spoonfed guys who aren't savvy enough to avoid and outpoint him.

And by the same token, people who think Condit truly beat Diaz, can't now turn around and say Boetch's win doesn't count. It was the exact same thing.

I'll never be happy about what Condit did to Diaz. I think it was cowardly, but the real reason it bothered me so much, is because I was a HUGE Condit fan too and wanted to see the war these two promised us. Nick showed up intent on delivering that war, Condit shit the bed.
Bisping is primarily a boxer, not a leg kicker and gets rocked in pretty much all of his fights. He's also much, much more active and busier with strikes than Tim was in his fight with Hector. Bisping is much more comparable to a Frankie Edgar, rather than a Tim Boetsch looking to play tag and run with his opponents leg every now and then.

He presents a completely different stylistic approach to that of Boetsch.
GrappleRetarded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:50 PM   #94 (permalink)
SPEED KILLS
 
SM33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,601
SM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World Renown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life B Ez View Post
Is that why he consistently was out of range until palhares tried to go back inside towards the cage because he didn't know what he was doing or the reason Tim was always out odd range. Lombard follows his opponents along a line. He doesn't cut off the cage. Watch him fight he walks right after the guy as he backs away. If he could cut the cage effectively he wouldn't be left standing looking all the time.

You really think that kind of footwork would even give Anderson a reason to work? Belcher would be able avoid it easily. Anderson would laugh.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3
I'm of the opinion he was playing with Rousimar a bit, he threw a few hail mary punches before committing to the kill... fact is, Tim and Rousimar were not confident in trading with Lombard. If they out-moved him so well, they would have landed something decent.

You say Belcher can avoid Lombard's striking... do you mean he can beat him in the pocket? Because I guarantee you he can't. Outpoint him from the outside? You're looking at a repeat of the Tim fight.

Striking with Lombard is a case of get knocked out or look like a ***** trying not to. For me, Anderson is the only exception to this rule in the division.
__________________
SM33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:59 PM   #95 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Manchestoorrrrrrr
Posts: 1,469
GrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Quote:
Originally Posted by SM33 View Post
I'm of the opinion he was playing with Rousimar a bit, he threw a few hail mary punches before committing to the kill... fact is, Tim and Rousimar were not confident in trading with Lombard. If they out-moved him so well, they would have landed something decent.

You say Belcher can avoid Lombard's striking... do you mean he can beat him in the pocket? Because I guarantee you he can't. Outpoint him from the outside? You're looking at a repeat of the Tim fight.

Striking with Lombard is a case of get knocked out or look like a ***** trying not to. For me, Anderson is the only exception to this rule in the division.
Alexander Shlemenko is another exception to the rule.
GrappleRetarded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:05 PM   #96 (permalink)
Welterweight
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Neo-Babylon
Posts: 2,495
Voiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roflcopter View Post
Toquihno had virtually no chance of getting this fight to the ground I found it comical that people think Hector Lombard's Olympic level Judo meant nothing for his submission grappling ability.
I'm not one of those you mention, but pure Judoka, even on Olympic level, do NOT have the same submission grappling abilities as high level BJJ fighters. Do you watch Olympic Judo¿ It's first and foremost about throwing people and preferably getting an Ippon score to win with it. Ground fighting is mostly about pinning the opponent on his back, there is hardly the attempt to "advance" position once the opponend is pinned. Submission attempts are very rare, also because fighters are usually stood up pretty fast if it doesn't really look like a submission is close to come.

In 2010 there was even a change in the Judo competition rules to ban leg grip throwing techniques. Officially it was to make Judo "look more attractive", but behind the scene it was to keep Sambo-fighters and BJJ-fighters away from competition, because these didn't care about "good throws", but just tried to somehow drag their opponents to the ground to innitiate ground fighting and win there.

Judo certainly gives an unbelievable good base and I'd recommend MMA fighters with a BJJ background to train Judo if they don't want to do wrestling, as Judo would be the natural link between stand-up and ground fighting for BJJ-fighters, BUT concerning submission grappling Judo is not even close to BJJ. BJJ is derived from Judo, but they're specialised on two different areas of fighting.
__________________
Voiceless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:16 PM   #97 (permalink)
SPEED KILLS
 
SM33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,601
SM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World Renown
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrappleRetarded View Post
Alexander Shlemenko is another exception to the rule.
Much of that fight took place on the ground. And Lombard out struck him.
__________________
SM33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:17 PM   #98 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Manchestoorrrrrrr
Posts: 1,469
GrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Quote:
Originally Posted by SM33 View Post
Much of that fight took place on the ground. And Lombard out struck him.
Most of the fight took place on the ground because Alexander had Lombard shooting for take downs and laying in his guard for as long as possible.

The fight was close on the feet, Lombard was clearly uncomfortable with Alexanders powerful kicks and unorthodox strikes (hence spamming the take downs).
GrappleRetarded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:25 PM   #99 (permalink)
SPEED KILLS
 
SM33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,601
SM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World RenownSM33 Is World Renown
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrappleRetarded View Post
Most of the fight took place on the ground because Alexander had Lombard shooting for take downs and laying in his guard for as long as possible.

The fight was close on the feet, Lombard was clearly uncomfortable with Alexanders powerful kicks and unorthodox strikes (hence spamming the take downs).
I'm not sure where you're going with this. Hector won that fight, it was a while back, Alexander is not in the UFC. It is not relevant to Lombard's current potential in the UFC, or my opinion of his threat to the UFC MW division.
__________________
SM33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:29 PM   #100 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Manchestoorrrrrrr
Posts: 1,469
GrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Quote:
Originally Posted by SM33 View Post
I'm not sure where you're going with this. Hector won that fight, it was a while back, Alexander is not in the UFC. It is not relevant to Lombard's current potential in the UFC, or my opinion of his threat to the UFC MW division.
I mentioned it because you said any one that stands with Hector is either going to get knocked out or made to look like a bitch (with the exception of Andy). Alexander definitely didn't look like a bitch when he wanted to stand against Hector and had Lombard shooting for TD's.

S'all I'm saying. There are other guys out there capable of standing with Hector and actually engaging and being successful, Vitor Belfort probably being one of them.
GrappleRetarded is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios