Anderson Silva giving up on super-fight; writes off Bisping - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 11:35 AM
of Nazareth
 
Soojooko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 9,461
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
I can't wait for Okami to send Belcher back to irrelevancy.



Georges St. Pierre came along and trashed Hughes

Randy Couture got stomped out by Brock Lesnar

And Chuck was never that good to begin with, but Shogun, Penn, Fedor, all of them, their time all ran out, and a younger, stronger, newer breed of fighter came in and phased them out.

Anderson was 2 minutes away from losing to a guy with inferior striking and ju-jitsu to Weidman whose only looked bad once in his career and that was when he cut 32 lbs in 11 days and he just made the guy Anderson brought in to teach him wrestling look like an amateur.

So yeah, I really don't get why people are so confident in Anderson, he's always struggled against wrestlers and this one actually knows submissions when the time comes Weidman will push him out the door and Anderson can go enjoy his retirement, he just doesn't have what it takes to beat him and there's no shame in that.
Dude, im simply calling you out on your use of the term "passing him by". To say the sport will pass Anderson Silva by implies he would have underachieved. Whether you like it or not, that's what that term means. You could aim a comment like that at BJ Penn maybe. But Liddell and Hughes certainly got lots out of their careers. To say the sport "passed them by" is fecking absurd. Use a different term bro.

Even if Weidman beats Silva, MMA wont pass him by for a long time. Long after everybody has forgotten Chris Weidman, they'll still be talking about Anderson Silva. He will become the yard-stick for every champion. Fact.

He is a legend. Get over it.
Soojooko is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 11:40 AM
Number 1 Nerf-Herder
 
Dr Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,506
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Matador View Post
Oh man, this post is so fraught with half truths that I had to being myself to respond.

Starting with the fact that Silva's wrestling coach is Eric Albarracin, not Munoz. He's been his coach since around the Okami fight.
Here's an interview with him:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g__hT8s1DvM

Munoz has trained with Black House every now and then, but is based out of Kings and Reign. He's not "the guy that Anderson brought to teach him wrestling"

Weidman is a beast, an absolute monster of a 185er, but Munoz wasn't all there in that fight. While I might be wrong and it's just the brilliance of Weidman that made him look that bad, at least my opinion is backed by other people, notably professional fighters:
http://www.mmamania.com/2012/7/12/31...man-mark-munoz

Now, Weidman's striking against Maia looked good, but not Anderson Silva good. And while his gameplan of take down/GNP would be obvious against Silva, all bouts start on the feet. See: Silva vs Sonnen II round 2. Furthermore, his wrestling is good, but not Sonnen good. So that factor is up in the air as well.

I'll be the first to admit that I have a bias towards AS, I believe the man walks on roads paved with the nubile young bodies of Scandinavian virgins, but not to the point where I don't entertain the fact that he might lose to Weidman.

When you discuss your opinions in such absolutes, you come off as a frothing-at-the-mouth hater troll and people automatically discount your opinion as hate.

I like Wiedman, he's talented and hard working, I think he has the potential to be a great champion. On a purely irrational basis, I also like him because he looks like my favourite actor, Eric Bana. I think a fight against Silva is justified and would be amazing on all fronts, but my fact based opinion points towards him being a big underdog in it. Most bookies would agree.

Please feel free to try to argue any of these points. I'd love to see you try
You should post more.




Watch The Trews! True news! Subscribe here!!


https://m.youtube.com/user/russellbrand
Dr Gonzo is offline  
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 11:46 AM
MMA Fanatic
 
El Matador's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston
Posts: 89
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson Fury View Post
You should post more.
Thanks! I mainly lurk but I'll try to be more active. This is an awesome community.
El Matador is offline  
post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 11:58 AM
Don't Sweat the Technique
 
St.Paul Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Duluth, MN
Posts: 1,660
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
I can't wait for Okami to send Belcher back to irrelevancy.



Georges St. Pierre came along and trashed Hughes

Randy Couture got stomped out by Brock Lesnar

And Chuck was never that good to begin with, but Shogun, Penn, Fedor, all of them, their time all ran out, and a younger, stronger, newer breed of fighter came in and phased them out.

Anderson was 2 minutes away from losing to a guy with inferior striking and ju-jitsu to Weidman whose only looked bad once in his career and that was when he cut 32 lbs in 11 days and he just made the guy Anderson brought in to teach him wrestling look like an amateur.

So yeah, I really don't get why people are so confident in Anderson, he's always struggled against wrestlers and this one actually knows submissions when the time comes Weidman will push him out the door and Anderson can go enjoy his retirement, he just doesn't have what it takes to beat him and there's no shame in that.
If you can't tell by now that there is something different about Anderson Silva I'd say it's because you're consumed with your hatred for him.

He toys with his opponents like a cat plays with a mouse. Every time he fights it's poetry in motion. There may never be anybody like him ever again... and people like you see this and react by spewing garbage on a message board.

You can root against him and get all bothered by it when he clowns fighter after fighter, or you can enjoy the fact that this man is able to make a joke out of the very best fighters in the world. It really is that simple.

You were wrong about Edgar/Bendo, Silva/Sonnen, and GSP/Condit and you're wrong again.




Sig credit: MC

~ Lifetime Membership sponsored by RustyRenegade ~
St.Paul Guy is offline  
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 07:08 PM
Ultra-weight
 
Sportsman 2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6,997
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
So yeah, I really don't get why people are so confident in Anderson, he's always struggled against wrestlers ...
And yet he subbed or KOed every single one of them... Yeah not a reason to be confident.

Finding Your Way Through the Cloudy Mountains
RNP-AR Precision GPS-FMS Approach to Queenstown - NZ


You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
Sportsman 2.0 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome