MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   UFC (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/)
-   -   Anderson Silva giving up on super-fight; writes off Bisping (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/107708-anderson-silva-giving-up-super-fight-writes-off-bisping.html)

Canadian Psycho 12-13-2012 08:06 PM

Anderson Silva giving up on super-fight; writes off Bisping
 
Quote:

"[Silva's] manager doesn't think the GSP super fight will happen right now, but they'd love for it to happen at some point. I brought up the possibility of fighting Michael Bisping if he wins against Vitor Belfort. And Jorge told me they'd love that fight, but he said he didn't think Bisping has a good shot against Vitor Belfort. So they think Anderson will be back fighting in the summertime, but they're not sure who he will fight then."
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/12/1...-doesnt-expect

I took some liberties with the title, I admit. As per usual, this is Silva's management speaking. At this point, I actually wouldn't mind seeing Bisping fight Silva. I'd give him virtually no chance, but at least it would be something new and fresh. That said, I honestly don't see Mike getting passed Belfort.

They'll need to figure something out. Silva needs to defend his belt, but in order for that to happen, there has to be a challenger. I'd be open to Belfort/Silva II, especially following Vitor's performance against Jones (aka, the best to date).

No_Mercy 12-13-2012 08:10 PM

The Bisping fight would be great entertainment! I do agree Vitor is a daunting task for The Count.

Belcher is the fight I'd like to see. He's put in his dues and is qualified.

LL 12-13-2012 08:41 PM

Belcher and Bisping are both gonna lose so all the people saying Weidman isn't the number one contender can go sit in a corner and watch as the sport passes Anderson by.

Soojooko 12-13-2012 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion (Post 1657529)
...watch as the sport passes Anderson by.

The same sport he holds virtually every record in? That sport is going to pass him by?? How does that work then? :confused02:

LL 12-13-2012 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soojooko (Post 1657533)
The same sport he holds virtually every record in? That sport is going to pass him by?? How does that work then? :confused02:

The same way it happened to Liddell, Shogun, Hughes, Penn, Couture, Fedor, and every other legend?

Some kid from the new era comes in and takes him out, he's only got a few months left to enjoy his time on top before Weidman strangles him and gets him on out of here. His time is up, and it's time for a change.

MMA-Sportsman 12-13-2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion (Post 1657535)
His time is up, and it's time for a change.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion (Post 1657535)
...for a change.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion (Post 1657535)
...for a change.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion (Post 1657535)
...for a change.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion (Post 1657535)
...for a change.

Sorry, broken record...

americanfighter 12-13-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion (Post 1657535)
The same way it happened to Liddell, Shogun, Hughes, Penn, Couture, Fedor, and every other legend?

Some kid from the new era comes in and takes him out, he's only got a few months left to enjoy his time on top before Weidman strangles him and gets him on out of here. His time is up, and it's time for a change.

i think that kid will be jones when he get closer to his peak.

El Bresko 12-14-2012 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion (Post 1657535)
The same way it happened to Liddell, Shogun, Hughes, Penn, Couture, Fedor, and every other legend?

Some kid from the new era comes in and takes him out, he's only got a few months left to enjoy his time on top before Weidman strangles him and gets him on out of here. His time is up, and it's time for a change.

Weidman will get finished in spectacular fashion, just like everybody else.

duckyou666 12-14-2012 03:03 AM

Not really a write off by Silva, but it only seems likely to write off Bisping. His strength is his stand up, where he has little to no power. Yeah, Mikey would die in the cage against with Silva. However, if he wins, he should get the next shot. Then..., it should be Belcher. He's an established top 185'er. To anybody saying Whiney is the number 1 contender, you're an idiot. Whiney is at least 2 fights from a shot. Hell, beating an injured Munoz and a WW who wasn't a contender at 185 hardly warrants a top 5 spot.

Maladroit 12-14-2012 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckyou666 (Post 1657588)
Not really a write off by Silva, but it only seems likely to write off Bisping. His strength is his stand up, where he has little to no power. Yeah, Mikey would die in the cage against with Silva. However, if he wins, he should get the next shot. Then..., it should be Belcher. He's an established top 185'er. To anybody saying Whiney is the number 1 contender, you're an idiot. Whiney is at least 2 fights from a shot. Hell, beating an injured Munoz and a WW who wasn't a contender at 185 hardly warrants a top 5 spot.

Well, I don't think defeating Palhares and Cote puts Belcher ahead of Weidman.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2