Palhares Broke Foot In Lombard Fight - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 12-18-2012, 06:42 AM   #11 (permalink)
Heavyweight
 
MMA-Sportsman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: "Runway Ahead" "Landing"
Posts: 3,872
MMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By All
That foot was busted and if Palhares wouldn't get finished the way he did he certainly wouldn't come back for the second round.
The thing I find intriguing is: If my foot was busted and hurting like hell and the only thing I had were ridiculously strong arms like Palhares, I would at least throw vicious punches hoping for the best everytime Lombard would closed that distance until the end of the round. It worked beyond expectations for Franklin and his broken arm against Chuck.
Lombard had nothing coming from Palhares then it was a matter of time to pick him apart and put him away.
I think this evidences even more the lack of versatility of Palhares. He is still unable to adapt at this point of his career. He forgot he had arms that could at least take him to the end of the round and chose desperation road instead - through the cliff.
__________________
Eric Bana's "LOVE THE BEAST"
MMA-Sportsman is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 12-18-2012, 07:33 AM   #12 (permalink)
....Omar Comin'
 
El Bresko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sydney, Australia.
Posts: 4,797
El Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMA-Sportsman View Post
That foot was busted and if Palhares wouldn't get finished the way he did he certainly wouldn't come back for the second round.
The thing I find intriguing is: If my foot was busted and hurting like hell and the only thing I had were ridiculously strong arms like Palhares, I would at least throw vicious punches hoping for the best everytime Lombard would closed that distance until the end of the round. It worked beyond expectations for Franklin and his broken arm against Chuck.
Lombard had nothing coming from Palhares then it was a matter of time to pick him apart and put him away.
I think this evidences even more the lack of versatility of Palhares. He is still unable to adapt at this point of his career. He forgot he had arms that could at least take him to the end of the round and chose desperation road instead - through the cliff.
it's hard to throw vicious punches when you can't plant your feet properly
__________________






El Bresko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:20 AM   #13 (permalink)
of Nazareth
 
Soojooko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 8,214
Soojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodfellaGr View Post
that might explain such a bad fight by him..
... or maybe because he's just plain rubbish?
Soojooko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:28 AM   #14 (permalink)
Heavyweight
 
MMA-Sportsman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: "Runway Ahead" "Landing"
Posts: 3,872
MMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bresko View Post
it's hard to throw vicious punches when you can't plant your feet properly
You are right. Maybe "vicious" would relate better to a landed punch anyway. What I should have said instead was "wild" punches.
__________________
Eric Bana's "LOVE THE BEAST"
MMA-Sportsman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:42 AM   #15 (permalink)
LL
Cruz Control
 
LL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ocean Front Property in Arizona.
Posts: 8,907
LL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings System
Broken foot or not he had nothing for Lombard, he looked defeated before the fight even started.
__________________
2013 VIP FFL Champion
THE DRAGON RIDES AGAIN - 12/20/14
Machida - Alves - Cruz - JDS - Weidman - Condit - Pettis - Edgar - Cowboy - Dodson - Okami
LL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:46 AM   #16 (permalink)
of Nazareth
 
Soojooko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 8,214
Soojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
Broken foot or not he had nothing for Lombard, he looked defeated before the fight even started.
Yea... I have to agree. I love Paul as a character. He brings me lots of lol. But over the years it's become clearly obvious ( to me ) that he's a bit shit. His supposed awesome BJJ has amounted to what? The list of guys he's submitted reads like some grimy smears at the bottom of a barrel.
Soojooko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:00 AM   #17 (permalink)
"Focus"
 
Life B Ez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 8,842
Life B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings System
Explains why he never shot and tried for a leg.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3
__________________
Think. It Ain't Illegal Yet
"Discipline Hurts Less Than Regret"
Life B Ez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:02 PM   #18 (permalink)
Light Heavyweight
 
Danm2501's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: London, UK
Posts: 3,078
Danm2501 Is Destined For GreatnessDanm2501 Is Destined For GreatnessDanm2501 Is Destined For GreatnessDanm2501 Is Destined For GreatnessDanm2501 Is Destined For GreatnessDanm2501 Is Destined For GreatnessDanm2501 Is Destined For GreatnessDanm2501 Is Destined For GreatnessDanm2501 Is Destined For GreatnessDanm2501 Is Destined For GreatnessDanm2501 Is Destined For Greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
Yea... I have to agree. I love Paul as a character. He brings me lots of lol. But over the years it's become clearly obvious ( to me ) that he's a bit shit. His supposed awesome BJJ has amounted to what? The list of guys he's submitted reads like some grimy smears at the bottom of a barrel.
Palhares is frustrating. He's a straight killer. His Jiu Jitsu is vicious, and he has the wrestling good enough to be able to get a lot of dudes to the mat. There's that video on the net of him rolling, and mauling Mayhem, pre-Mayhem's woeful UFC performances and breakdown. Mayhem is seen as one of those dudes that's very hard to takedown, and even harder to submit, but Palhares handled him like a child, and easily submitted him.

Harris has incredible ability, the issue comes with his fight smarts. His fight IQ is one of the worst in MMA, and once he feels he's losing a fight he gives up. It was showcased mainly against Marquardt. Went for the leg, thought that like Drwal and Linhares he was just going to give in and have his knee wrecked, when that didn't occur, and the unthinkable happened, Marquardt escaped, Paul Harris cries to the ref, and gets himself punched in the face, really hard. Also, in the Belcher fight, he was expecting to dominate on the ground, but when Belcher showcased his dominance and continually escaped the leg locks, Palhares immediately gave up, and got TKO'd.

It's not a lack of ability, Palhares is one hell of a fighter, it's his mentality that's the issue, and I think that's unlikely to ever change. Despite having the ability, he'll never be a champion.
__________________
Proudly Supporting
Dan Hardy
Conor McGregor
Joe Lauzon
Ronda Rousey
Chael Sonnen
Mark Hunt
Daniel Cormier
Robbie Lawler
Danm2501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:16 PM   #19 (permalink)
Heavyweight
 
MMA-Sportsman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: "Runway Ahead" "Landing"
Posts: 3,872
MMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danm2501 View Post
Palhares is frustrating. He's a straight killer. His Jiu Jitsu is vicious, and he has the wrestling good enough to be able to get a lot of dudes to the mat. There's that video on the net of him rolling, and mauling Mayhem, pre-Mayhem's woeful UFC performances and breakdown. Mayhem is seen as one of those dudes that's very hard to takedown, and even harder to submit, but Palhares handled him like a child, and easily submitted him.

Harris has incredible ability, the issue comes with his fight smarts. His fight IQ is one of the worst in MMA, and once he feels he's losing a fight he gives up. It was showcased mainly against Marquardt. Went for the leg, thought that like Drwal and Linhares he was just going to give in and have his knee wrecked, when that didn't occur, and the unthinkable happened, Marquardt escaped, Paul Harris cries to the ref, and gets himself punched in the face, really hard. Also, in the Belcher fight, he was expecting to dominate on the ground, but when Belcher showcased his dominance and continually escaped the leg locks, Palhares immediately gave up, and got TKO'd.

It's not a lack of ability, Palhares is one hell of a fighter, it's his mentality that's the issue, and I think that's unlikely to ever change. Despite having the ability, he'll never be a champion.
^^^^^^^^^^^^
That's the perfect description of Palhares and because of all these great assets he possesses, Murilo Bustamante still believes he could develop his fight IQ and also get rid of his insecurity when the plan does not go exactly like expected.
__________________
Eric Bana's "LOVE THE BEAST"
MMA-Sportsman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:43 PM   #20 (permalink)
The Fun Police

 
Killz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: UK... Where the sun never shines.
Posts: 10,236
Blog Entries: 1
Killz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among Men
I like when he jumped on the cage in the middle of the miller fight. That's my favourite Palharres memory.
__________________


"You see a mousetrap and I see free cheese and a f**king challenge" ~ Scroobius Pip

My Super FFL Team That Most Definitely Isn't Going to Come 2nd Last This Year!
Jose Aldo • Carlos Condit • Hector Lombard • Edson Barboza • Anthony 'Rumble' Johnson
Killz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios