***OFFICIAL*** Tim Boetsch vs. Costa Philippou Thread - Page 8 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

View Poll Results: Your prediction
Tim Boetsch 16 59.26%
Costa Philippou 11 40.74%
Draw 0 0%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 77 (permalink) Old 12-31-2012, 07:52 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Manchestoorrrrrrr
Posts: 1,469
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bresko View Post
Okay so you clearly don't like Boetsch. I don't have a problem with him, not really a fan either. He didn't choose to win the decision, blame the judges for awarding him the win.

What sort of fight do you want for Costa next then? I don't think he deserves the boost a MW would get for smashing Boetsch at the moment due to the controversy surrounding the result.
He didn't decide who won the fight, but his gameplan was to win the fight by engaging as timidly as possible and to out point Lombard. Nah, I don't like the guy and I'm glad he got punished for trying to hop on the Strike n Bike bandwaggon.

Costa, couldn't care less about what happens to him either. I don't like or dislike him, completely neutral really, don't really care for the guy.
GrappleRetarded is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #72 of 77 (permalink) Old 12-31-2012, 07:54 PM
LL
Cruz Control
 
LL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ocean Front Property in Arizona.
Posts: 9,159
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bresko View Post
Okay so you clearly don't like Boetsch. I don't have a problem with him, not really a fan either. He didn't choose to win the decision, blame the judges for awarding him the win.

What sort of fight do you want for Costa next then? I don't think he deserves the boost a MW would get for smashing Boetsch at the moment due to the controversy surrounding the result.
Do Costa vs. Larkin. Costa will probably elevate himself into top ten contention and Larkin was supposed to fight Rockhold for the SF Title.

2013 VIP FFL Champion
THE DRAGON RIDES AGAIN - 12/20/14
Machida - Alves - Cruz - JDS - Weidman - Condit - Pettis - Edgar - Cowboy - Dodson - Okami
LL is offline  
post #73 of 77 (permalink) Old 12-31-2012, 07:57 PM
....Omar Comin'
 
El Bresko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sydney, Australia.
Posts: 4,797
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrappleRetarded View Post
He didn't decide who won the fight, but his gameplan was to win the fight by engaging as timidly as possible and to out point Lombard. Nah, I don't like the guy and I'm glad he got punished for trying to hop on the Strike n Bike bandwaggon.

Costa, couldn't care less about what happens to him either. I don't like or dislike him, completely neutral really, don't really care for the guy.
Would you still be upset with him if the judges awarded Lombard the victory? I feel like there would be no ammo in that case, it would have just been seen as a poor fight on Boetsch's behalf.

I just don't think Costa deserves a top 5 guy because of this win, a rematch would really clear things up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
Do Costa vs. Larkin. Costa will probably elevate himself into top ten contention and Larkin was supposed to fight Rockhold for the SF Title.
The problem is nobody knows Larkin and they are trying to build Phillipou into a draw, putting Cyprus on the MMA map! Same reason they never cut Alessio Sakara and they felt the need to give Pascall Krauss as DLC on the UFC game.

Maybe a fight with Rich Franklin? Big name, not so high in the rankings.







El Bresko is offline  
post #74 of 77 (permalink) Old 12-31-2012, 08:05 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Manchestoorrrrrrr
Posts: 1,469
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bresko View Post
Would you still be upset with him if the judges awarded Lombard the victory? I feel like there would be no ammo in that case, it would have just been seen as a poor fight on Boetsch's behalf.

I just don't think Costa deserves a top 5 guy because of this win, a rematch would really clear things up.



The problem is nobody knows Larkin and they are trying to build Phillipou into a draw, putting Cyprus on the MMA map! Same reason they never cut Alessio Sakara and they felt the need to give Pascall Krauss as DLC on the UFC game.

Maybe a fight with Rich Franklin? Big name, not so high in the rankings.
I'd still be pissed off at him for fighting like he did regardless of who got the win, yes. But I've never liked watching Tim Boetsch in the octagon, just never have and probably never will do.

And no, Costa certainly doesn't deserve a top 5 MW after his win, but I couldn't really care less if they gave him a top five or if he never fought again in the UFC. I'm not particularly fussed about him.
GrappleRetarded is offline  
post #75 of 77 (permalink) Old 12-31-2012, 08:10 PM
Colossal-weight
 
John8204's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 8,770
                     
I feel like Boetsch and Philippou are fringe top ten guys I don't think they deserve top five guys the same way Hector Lombard and Jacare Souza do. I would say give them two from the Cung Le, Brian Stann, Alan Belcher, Mark Munoz, Jake Shields and Tim Kennedy group to establish where both fighters actually are at and then a top five guy (for both of them).
John8204 is offline  
post #76 of 77 (permalink) Old 12-31-2012, 08:15 PM
....Omar Comin'
 
El Bresko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sydney, Australia.
Posts: 4,797
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by John8204 View Post
I feel like Boetsch and Philippou are fringe top ten guys I don't think they deserve top five guys the same way Hector Lombard and Jacare Souza do. I would say give them two from the Cung Le, Brian Stann, Alan Belcher, Mark Munoz, Jake Shields and Tim Kennedy group to establish where both fighters actually are at and then a top five guy (for both of them).
I could get down with that. All have decent names. I think Rich would be the best option for Phillipou at this point though.







El Bresko is offline  
post #77 of 77 (permalink) Old 12-31-2012, 09:29 PM
LL
Cruz Control
 
LL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ocean Front Property in Arizona.
Posts: 9,159
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bresko View Post
Would you still be upset with him if the judges awarded Lombard the victory? I feel like there would be no ammo in that case, it would have just been seen as a poor fight on Boetsch's behalf.

I just don't think Costa deserves a top 5 guy because of this win, a rematch would really clear things up.



The problem is nobody knows Larkin and they are trying to build Phillipou into a draw, putting Cyprus on the MMA map! Same reason they never cut Alessio Sakara and they felt the need to give Pascall Krauss as DLC on the UFC game.

Maybe a fight with Rich Franklin? Big name, not so high in the rankings.
I have no idea if Rich will ever fight again, he wanted to make a run at the Middleweight title again but Cung pretty much ended that, no need to keep taking damage when he's probably set financially and has nothing to gain. I also don't see Costa getting far, I thought Boetsch was beating him until the unfortunate circumstances, his only options appear to be Okami, Belfort/Bisping loser, Rockhold, Lombard, or Jacare. Stann is fighting Wanderlei at 205 and no one really knows what's up with Munoz, either way I don't think he can beat any of those guys I mentioned. Larkin/Costa would be the fight I would make.

2013 VIP FFL Champion
THE DRAGON RIDES AGAIN - 12/20/14
Machida - Alves - Cruz - JDS - Weidman - Condit - Pettis - Edgar - Cowboy - Dodson - Okami
LL is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome