***OFFICIAL*** Junior dos Santos vs. Cain Velasquez II Thread - Page 31 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

View Poll Results: Your prediction
Junior dos Santos 51 79.69%
Cain Velasquez 13 20.31%
Draw 0 0%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #301 of 345 (permalink) Old 12-30-2012, 11:15 AM
Colossal-weight
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 9,585
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrappleRetarded View Post
Those initial desperate looking take downs from Cain were fake take down attempts. They were used to trick Junior into thinking that Cain was going to be shooting for wild take downs from a huge distance away so he immediateley reacted by dropping his hands to try and stuff the take down. THEN when Cain started to notice his plan was working and Junior began dropping his hands because he always thought the take down was coming, Cain set up the big over hand and started smashhing him on the feet.

Personally, I'd call that masterful. Absolutely excellent and smart game planning and execution from Velasquez in that opening to round to get Junior to drop his hands and land heavy damage on the feet.
Maybe i was a little drunk at that point and he fooled me. If he did plan that then that was pretty crazy. I saw easy stuffed td after easy stuffed td. Jds was just backing up with hia chin straight up. His defense looked like ass.

The whole fight even deep in the fight jds was getting up after each take down.

Not bashing cain. But it was an odd ass fight. He made it hia fight anf won it thas all that matters. But i thought if he dominated on the cards he would have had more dominant wrestling and control. Jds looked like a zombie with no concept of hands up for 80% of the fight. I was disappointed.
jonnyg4508 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #302 of 345 (permalink) Old 12-30-2012, 11:20 AM
Welterweight
 
amoosenamedhank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,215
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrappleRetarded View Post
Those initial desperate looking take downs from Cain were fake take down attempts. They were used to trick Junior into thinking that Cain was going to be shooting for wild take downs from a huge distance away so he immediateley reacted by dropping his hands to try and stuff the take down. THEN when Cain started to notice his plan was working and Junior began dropping his hands because he always thought the take down was coming, Cain set up the big over hand and started smashhing him on the feet.

Personally, I'd call that masterful. Absolutely excellent and smart game planning and execution from Velasquez in that opening to round to get Junior to drop his hands and land heavy damage on the feet.
While I'll agree that Cain's game plan was to get JDS thinking TD to set up the right... If you would call those first 8 TD attempts anything other than sloppy and risky, then you would truly live up to your name.

Not only did they look horrible, they really put him in a exposed position and hes lucky JDS was too concerned with just getting away from him to capitalize on the postion.
amoosenamedhank is offline  
post #303 of 345 (permalink) Old 12-30-2012, 11:34 AM
Bantamweight
 
RearNaked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Swinging from Roy Nelson's nuts.
Posts: 848
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by amoosenamedhank View Post

I honestly baffled how anyone could question JDS heart. The dude got lit up in the 1st round(and ate quite a bit of punishment through out the fight). I think a lot of lesser fighters would have just been KO'd by the first big punch let alone all of the following shots.
Agreed. I thought he was going to get stopped at the end of the first, then when Cain got him right back down again at the beginning of the second, I figured `that`s it`.

But he just refused to quit.

This was probably the best HW title fight in UFC history.
RearNaked is offline  
post #304 of 345 (permalink) Old 12-30-2012, 11:35 AM
Lightweight
 
aerius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,514
                     
The early takedown attempts were a calculated risk. While JDS does have good takedown defence and can scramble up to his feet quickly, he doesn't really punish people for failed attempts. If you shoot on him and fail you're not going to eat a knee or get hit with a punch combo. Rather, he opens the range and then starts working the striking game.

Cain made the bet that he wasn't going to get creamed by knee or anything like that when going for takedowns, and he was right. He got his gameplan working and that was what won the fight for him.
aerius is offline  
post #305 of 345 (permalink) Old 12-30-2012, 11:42 AM
The Fun Police
 
Killz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: UK... Where the sun never shines.
Posts: 11,459
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Wow! Cain Valasquez sure showed everyone who gave him no chance in the rematch what he's made of. Myself included.

I figured it would go down pretty similar to last time but Cain wrecked JDS for 5 rounds and it is testament to JDS heart that he even got out of the 1st.

I found the Crowd last night infuriating. They would boo nearly every fight after 10 seconds of not seeing a brawl and I thought it was disgusting the way they booed JDS after the fight.

If you were at the event last night, and you booed, then you my friend are an asshole!
Killz is offline  
post #306 of 345 (permalink) Old 12-30-2012, 11:42 AM
Bantamweight
 
BOOM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 990
                     
So Cain pounds JDS with heavy fists all night turning his head into a balloon, kicked JDS in the head with full momentum and tossed him around like a rag doll at will but Cain did'nt look impressive even though he basically took the soul out of one of the best fighters in the world to the point where he was in tears.

I love this place.

Last edited by BOOM; 12-30-2012 at 11:45 AM.
BOOM is offline  
post #307 of 345 (permalink) Old 12-30-2012, 11:43 AM
Colossal-weight
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 9,585
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by amoosenamedhank View Post
While I'll agree that Cain's game plan was to get JDS thinking TD to set up the right... If you would call those first 8 TD attempts anything other than sloppy and risky, then you would truly live up to your name.

Not only did they look horrible, they really put him in a exposed position and hes lucky JDS was too concerned with just getting away from him to capitalize on the postion.
I honestly thought jds was drugged the way he started acting. Like the klitch vs brewster boxing fight. Jds looked weird as hell after the first 3 minutes.
jonnyg4508 is offline  
post #308 of 345 (permalink) Old 12-30-2012, 11:45 AM
Bantamweight
 
BOOM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 990
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killz View Post
Wow! Cain Valasquez sure showed everyone who gave him no chance in the rematch what he's made of. Myself included.

I figured it would go down pretty similar to last time but Cain wrecked JDS for 5 rounds and it is testament to JDS heart that he even got out of the 1st.

I found the Crowd last night infuriating. They would boo nearly every fight after 10 seconds of not seeing a brawl and I thought it was disgusting the way they booed JDS after the fight.

If you were at the event last night, and you booed, then you my friend are an asshole!
Worst crowd ever, completely disrespectful. MMA fans couldn't have really asked for more, all in all one of the best cards in a very long time.
BOOM is offline  
post #309 of 345 (permalink) Old 12-30-2012, 11:51 AM
The Fun Police
 
Killz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: UK... Where the sun never shines.
Posts: 11,459
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOM View Post
Worst crowd ever, completely disrespectful. MMA fans couldn't have really asked for more, all in all one of the best cards in a very long time.
Totally agree. They Booed in practically every fight. I mean, I always expect booing but usually at bad Ref/Judges decisions or a fighter stalling but they booed EVERYTHING!!


They didnt boo the ref who looks like Brock Lesnars long lost Dad when he stood Okami up from Side control though....
Killz is offline  
post #310 of 345 (permalink) Old 12-30-2012, 12:05 PM
Bantamweight
 
BOOM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 990
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killz View Post
Totally agree. They Booed in practically every fight. I mean, I always expect booing but usually at bad Ref/Judges decisions or a fighter stalling but they booed EVERYTHING!!


They didnt boo the ref who looks like Brock Lesnars long lost Dad when he stood Okami up from Side control though....
Incoherent fans plus alcohol.
BOOM is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome