Beef between GSP and Seagal - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-24-2012, 09:57 AM
Bantamweight
 
GlasgowKiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Posts: 704
                     
I'm not much of a GSP fan, but the biggest mistake he made was even acknowledging and replying to Seagal, thus given Seagal's pointless and inconsequential quotes some form of validation in terms of relevancy.

Should've just ignored.

Total Tottenham
http://www.totaltottenham.com/forum/index.php

Supporting - Machida, Edgar, Mitrione, Pickett, Cruickshank, Wiman, Lauzon, Falcao, Belcher, Korean Zombie, Palhares, Hendricks

Retirees - Lytle, BJ Penn, Hackney,
GlasgowKiss is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-24-2012, 10:27 AM
Amateur
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 179
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
I'll have you know he is a 7th degree black belt in Akido and the Godfather of MMA, he also taught Anderson Silva and Lyoto Machida the front kick and thought Anderson the hell knee he landed on Chael, the sweep and and knee technique he landed on Bonnar and he's currently in Southern California teaching Lyoto 'deadly stuff' in order to take out Dan Henderson, so do your research friend, if it wasn't for Master Seagal you'd be watching WWF or Boxing!!!!
Just.. NO! The only credit i give him is the Aikido thing. All the staff for the front kicks are just Marketing. He is a famous actor he sells his image not his knowledge. He has no pro fight or fight at all as far as i know so he is not an expert in any kind in pro mma. If he accepts the fight against Couture we have another discussion. Marketing is very strong, dont foul your self.
GoodfellaGr is offline  
post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-24-2012, 11:26 AM Thread Starter
MMA Fanatic
 
Tenryuken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Lorenzo's mansion
Posts: 98
                     
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killz View Post
Not always. GSP Condit, was a better fight than Hendricks kampann.
That's only because of the GSP was involved in that fight and also because Condit rocked GSP.
If GSP finished Kampman in 10 secs and Hendricks decisioned Condit for 5rds, wich fight would you've prefer to watch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by loldanalol View Post
Steven Seagal thinks his opinion matters. he's an actor that thinks he's a fighter.
His opinion does matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
I'll have you know he is a 7th degree black belt in Akido and the Godfather of MMA, he also taught Anderson Silva and Lyoto Machida the front kick and thought Anderson the hell knee he landed on Chael, the sweep and and knee technique he landed on Bonnar and he's currently in Southern California teaching Lyoto 'deadly stuff' in order to take out Dan Henderson, so do your research friend, if it wasn't for Master Seagal you'd be watching WWF or Boxing!!!!
LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlasgowKiss View Post
I'm not much of a GSP fan, but the biggest mistake he made was even acknowledging and replying to Seagal, thus given Seagal's pointless and inconsequential quotes some form of validation in terms of relevancy.

Should've just ignored.
GSP is more concerned with his image than with how he fights in the cage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodfellaGr View Post
Just.. NO! The only credit i give him is the Aikido thing. All the staff for the front kicks are just Marketing. He is a famous actor he sells his image not his knowledge. He has no pro fight or fight at all as far as i know so he is not an expert in any kind in pro mma. If he accepts the fight against Couture we have another discussion. Marketing is very strong, dont foul your self.
I am pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

You just can not find good assassins these days!
I give this bitch a month before someone comes forth with better aim and does what must be done.
Tenryuken is offline  
post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-24-2012, 11:33 AM
The Fun Police
 
Killz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: UK... Where the sun never shines.
Posts: 11,476
Blog Entries: 1
                     
I'm getting the feeling you don't like GSP much?
Killz is offline  
post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-24-2012, 11:47 AM Thread Starter
MMA Fanatic
 
Tenryuken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Lorenzo's mansion
Posts: 98
                     
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killz View Post
I'm getting the feeling you don't like GSP much?
Never was a fan and expected him to fake an injury again to dodge Condit but he made it to the fight, took his beating like a man and won.
Then he had to dicktuck Hendricks, so now I am one of his haters until he fights Hendricks or loses to Diaz(that would be hilarious).

You just can not find good assassins these days!
I give this bitch a month before someone comes forth with better aim and does what must be done.
Tenryuken is offline  
post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-24-2012, 12:09 PM
KO artist
 
Liddellianenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Iowa
Posts: 5,368
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenryuken View Post
Why do people always say that?
I think somebody who has 4 title defense in 1 year deserves more prize than somebody who has 3 title defense in 4 years.
Not so hard to be unbeaten "for so long" if you only fight once a year.
1) GSP has 7 title defenses in 5 years. If you're gonna discount the "for so long" comments, at least take his full title reign into the picture instead of just half of it.

2) He fights twice a year not once, all the way until his injury.

3) He was out for almost 2 years, hence the lowered average in the last few years. An injury which many athletes never come back from.

4) Nice try.
Liddellianenko is offline  
post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-24-2012, 12:46 PM
Featherweight
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,444
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenryuken View Post
Never was a fan and expected him to fake an injury again to dodge Condit but he made it to the fight, took his beating like a man and won.
Then he had to dicktuck Hendricks, so now I am one of his haters until he fights Hendricks or loses to Diaz(that would be hilarious).
"Fake an injury again?" Lmao.
Sports_Nerd is offline  
post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-24-2012, 01:00 PM
Heavyweight
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,709
                     
beyond absurd, he's the second best fighter in the world
rabakill is offline  
post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-24-2012, 05:04 PM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 205
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenryuken View Post
Never was a fan and expected him to fake an injury again to dodge Condit but he made it to the fight, took his beating like a man and won.
Then he had to dicktuck Hendricks, so now I am one of his haters until he fights Hendricks or loses to Diaz(that would be hilarious).
I dont really understand why people are this delusional.
ashokjr is offline  
post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-24-2012, 05:42 PM
Gracie Hunter
 
Vale_Tudo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,021
                     
Quote:
Seagal questioned St. Pierre's previous Octagon performances, and stated that the champion was not a true mixed martial artist.
Coming from an actor who crapped his pants when he got choked out by a 70 year old stuntman.

Vale_Tudo is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome