UFC 156 poster - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 01:28 AM Thread Starter
 
Budhisten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 9,226
                     
UFC 156 poster





MMAForum - Please follow, like and download our app!
Budhisten is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 01:36 AM
....Omar Comin'
 
El Bresko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sydney, Australia.
Posts: 4,797
                     
ahhhhh the upcoming cards are mouthwatering.

Reem V Bigfoot and Rashad V Lil Nog are seemingly easy to predict but Aldo and Frankie has been a dream fight for me for a very long time. I can't believe it's finally happening!







El Bresko is offline  
post #3 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 01:44 AM
Resident Drunk
 
MagiK11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Cap Haitian, Haiti
Posts: 3,715
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bresko View Post
ahhhhh the upcoming cards are mouthwatering.

Reem V Bigfoot and Rashad V Lil Nog are seemingly easy to predict but Aldo and Frankie has been a dream fight for me for a very long time. I can't believe it's finally happening!
What are your predictions by the way, out of curiosity? For Lil Nog and Evans even though I like Evans and will be rooting for him, I have Nog having the advantage on the feet, and the jitz to be defensive enough on the ground to avoid any significant ground and pound. So I've got Nog winning by either TKO, or a lukewarm decision.

Reem obviously will decimate Bigfoot, and Aldo Edgar, I have no freaking clue. That definitely is a dream fight, and I too cannot believe it's going to happen. I have no prediction for that fight. I'll just sit back and enjoy the show.


1. BJ "The Prodigy" Penn
2. Dan "Hollywood" Henderson
3. George "Rush" St Pierre
MagiK11 is offline  
post #4 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 02:00 AM
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 15,156
Blog Entries: 1
                     
i could see lil nog winning because I don't believe in rashad's striking, but I could more likely see rashad grinding him down with a stalemate decision ala davis vs lil nog


Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is offline  
post #5 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 02:07 AM
....Omar Comin'
 
El Bresko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sydney, Australia.
Posts: 4,797
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagiK11 View Post
What are your predictions by the way, out of curiosity? For Lil Nog and Evans even though I like Evans and will be rooting for him, I have Nog having the advantage on the feet, and the jitz to be defensive enough on the ground to avoid any significant ground and pound. So I've got Nog winning by either TKO, or a lukewarm decision.

Reem obviously will decimate Bigfoot, and Aldo Edgar, I have no freaking clue. That definitely is a dream fight, and I too cannot believe it's going to happen. I have no prediction for that fight. I'll just sit back and enjoy the show.
Rashad and Nog are even on the feet but Rashad has more power, if Rashad is in trouble I don't think Nog is gonna be able to stuff the double or sub him. So if Rashad can't impose his will on the feet, then he will on the ground.

Reem will destroy Bighead, oops i mean Bigfoot.

and I find Frankie V Aldo hard to tip aswell except we know Frankie can **** with absolute killers and we saw Aldo struggle a little with Hominick and Kenny.

I think Aldo will impress in the first 3 rounds but Frankie will come on strong in the championship rounds, possibly finishing in the 5th or getting a 10-8. It really could be a draw, 10-9 Aldo, 10-9 Aldo, 10-9 Aldo, 10-9 Frankie, 10-8 Frankie.







El Bresko is offline  
post #6 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 02:12 AM
Super Heavyweight
 
PheelGoodInc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Eastvale, Ca
Posts: 4,288
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagiK11 View Post
What are your predictions by the way, out of curiosity? For Lil Nog and Evans even though I like Evans and will be rooting for him, I have Nog having the advantage on the feet, and the jitz to be defensive enough on the ground to avoid any significant ground and pound. So I've got Nog winning by either TKO, or a lukewarm decision.

Reem obviously will decimate Bigfoot, and Aldo Edgar, I have no freaking clue. That definitely is a dream fight, and I too cannot believe it's going to happen. I have no prediction for that fight. I'll just sit back and enjoy the show.
I've got Evans by TKO in the 2nd or 3rd. His wrestling will be too much for Nog, and his hands aren't really that much behind Nog's IMO. I wouldn't even be surprised if Evans gets the better of the standup.

I've got Reem by murder.

I've also got Aldo by FOTY split decision. Can't wait for that fight.

RIP Jordan Corder. Watch over me from above brother.

http://youtu.be/d5cUuRoQmMQ
PheelGoodInc is offline  
post #7 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 02:18 AM
SikWithIt
 
Bknmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 2,506
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFC_OWNS View Post
i could see lil nog winning because I don't believe in rashad's striking, but I could more likely see rashad grinding him down with a stalemate decision ala davis vs lil nog
pretty sure that Evans has better striking then Davis

Reem Flying Knee ko Round 1

Edgar Dec




HW: Fedr
LHW:Cormier
MW: Gegard "The Dreamcatcher" Mousasi
Bknmax is offline  
post #8 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 02:28 AM
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 15,156
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bknmax View Post
pretty sure that Evans has better striking then Davis

Reem Flying Knee ko Round 1

Edgar Dec
he does but davis didn't outstrike or do anything to nog anyhow, evans has very sloppy timing like barnett said and lil nog has very nice boxing that will probably lead to him being taking down and held there for the duration. Thinking that main event goes to a decision and reem by KO round 1


Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is offline  
post #9 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 02:33 AM
All Around Nice Guy
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,760
                     
I think Evans and Lil Nogs striking is even. Because i believe Rashad has the speed and power advantage but Lil Nog might be a bit more technically sound and have better accuracy. Also Rashad has a habit of getting rocked in his fights. Though i see Rashad taking Lil Nog down at will even if he gets rocked.

Rashad has better head kicks imo too. Though he does not use them that often.

SideWays222 is offline  
post #10 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 03:04 AM
SikWithIt
 
Bknmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 2,506
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideWays222 View Post
I think Evans and Lil Nogs striking is even. Because i believe Rashad has the speed and power advantage but Lil Nog might be a bit more technically sound and have better accuracy. Also Rashad has a habit of getting rocked in his fights. Though i see Rashad taking Lil Nog down at will even if he gets rocked.

Rashad has better head kicks imo too. Though he does not use them that often.
You must be talking about old Rashad because Rashad 2.0 is going to wipe the floor with lil Nog,and he's getting his striking knowledge from Reem 2.0 not even fair if you ask me.




HW: Fedr
LHW:Cormier
MW: Gegard "The Dreamcatcher" Mousasi
Bknmax is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome