Floyd Mayweather bet 197 thousand on Cain Velasquez to beat Junior dos Santos. - Page 5 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 80 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 03:43 AM
The 45%
 
ClydebankBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 12,253
Blog Entries: 2
                     
Todd is insane, but awesome all the same.

ClydebankBlitz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 80 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 03:45 AM
....Omar Comin'
 
El Bresko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sydney, Australia.
Posts: 4,797
                     
Dan Quinn:










El Bresko is offline  
post #43 of 80 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 04:01 AM
 
Budhisten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Denmark
Posts: 9,216
                     
Boxingforum.com is that you?




MMAForum - Please follow, like and download our app!
Budhisten is offline  
post #44 of 80 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 04:44 AM
Kneel Before Christ!
 
Roflcopter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 8,024
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Paul Guy View Post
Exactly my thoughts. He isn't nearly as big as Mike Tyson was, and he's probably dumber. Betting six figures on MMA fights is poor money management. I'll bet that he nets losses of at least in the 1-5 million dollar per year range on gambling alone with bets like that. Toss in a few bad investments, a posse of 100 or so, and the massive decline in boxing interest. Money can go quick.... especially when you go from 50 mil a year to scrapping for promotional money.
He's actually made much more money than Tyson.

First of all, when you consider that Floyd and Tyson both are on the top PPV buys of all time 6 times, and Floyd has the single most bought fight in history.


Tyson has more buys probably...not by much though, but he fought in the 90s when PPVs didn't cost as much money. The most Tyson ever fought for per dollar was when he was ancient and went in there to get beat up by Lennox Lewis for 54.99.

Far cry from todays 59.99 per fight and 69.99 in HD.


And then you have to consider Floyd takes a direct cut of his money because he is his own promoter, and we all know how many people and how much Don King personally robbed from Tyson.

Roflcopter is offline  
post #45 of 80 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 04:55 AM
All Around Nice Guy
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,760
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bresko View Post
somewhere in my mind Todd Keuneke and Dan Quinn became the same person. Look up Dan Quinn, he's way more interesting, he fought Frank Mir back in the day and now he wants to kill Dana White.
Yeah i know a bit more about Dann Quinn. Iv seen the videos of him. I think iv even read an article about Dana responding to him saying something like "Iv never met this guy in my life" or "This guy is calling the UFC making up absurd stories".

Funny stuff.

SideWays222 is offline  
post #46 of 80 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 08:46 AM
Amateur
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 194
                     
a 197k bet isn't "chump change" or a loose change for anyone with a networth less than one billion.

Sleepers:

Brad Tavares
Dennis Siver
Edson Barboza
Maiquel Falcao
malice is offline  
post #47 of 80 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 12:46 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 85
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 View Post
LOL. Sergio is too big. But when he agreed on a weight with JMM a 2 weight class smaller man....he even came in over the limit and paid him off to be ok with it. But that is perfectly fine.

Mayweather is great. Probably is the best WW, I admit that. But his record has been hand picked and he refuses to take fights when he "should". He fights a guy like Cotto not when he was undefeated. But when he was already damaged goods. Mayweather doesn't fight anyone in his way, he fights the fights best for him, always.

I'd rather back a guy like Manny. He was winning that fight and could have set cruise control Instead he jumps right in for a big shot at the very end of a round he had won and got caught. That was one of the better back and forth fights of the year and it didn't even go halfway. Mayweather may defensive box Manny or Aleverez up all night, but I'd rather pay for a Manny/JMM 5th fight over Mayweather vs. bums. Because they give the crowd and watchers a show and aren't afraid to lose.
I'm not sure why you would back Manny, he does the same thing you are accusing Floyd of.
HadouKEN is offline  
post #48 of 80 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 12:43 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 85
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydebankBlitz View Post
So, wait, let me get this straight...

Floyd would love to fight Canelo.
Canelo, like every other boxer, would love to fight Floyd.

So...he'll probably fight Ghost? Oh of course, sorry for being stupid....................??????????

Floyd will NOT fight Canelo. He will NOT fight Pacquiao, Amir Khan, Sergio Martinez, Tim Bradley etc. etc. Now don't get me wrong, Floyd is the best we've seen this generation and perhaps all time, but if the guys too shit scared to even fight guys he'll easily beat just because they pose some sort of threat...how can you respect that? He's fighting Ghost because Robert is a fuking nobody who's only real relevence is beating a juiced up Berto. Even no heart Ortiz beat up Berto. You know that a kid like Canelo would NEVER, EEEEEEEVVVVVEEEEERRRR, pass up an opprtunity to fight May right? Like, never? May's got like 3 years left on his career and every single boxer around wants a shot before he's gone. Canelo wont have even seen the amount of money he'd even receive for a loss before, and why would a 44(or something)-0 kid be worried anyways? The reason May is fighting Ghost is because, even though according to you he'd love the fight so much, they never even offered it to Canelo because, surprise surprise, Mayweather's a puss*y.

Also, Martinez isn't too big for him. Martinez fights at MW, Mayweather fights at WW. Light MW, bang, fight is on. What? Pacquiao can fight at LMW and Mayweather can't?

I agree with you man! For once in his career I really thought he was going to take a challenge and go into a fight where he is not the favorite to win. Sergio Martinez vs Floyd Mayweather is 50-50 to me, actually I think Martinez would beat him.

Canelo is a big guy and a powerful puncher I would not be shocked if he knocked Mayweather out. Why in the world is he choosing Guerrero?

The ATG took risks and entered fights where they werent the favorite. For example, Ray Leonard came out of retirement and fought Marvin Hagler(the champion!) His own brother said he was scared for Ray's life! When Ali fought a young George Foreman that was great! No one thought Ali stood any chance against Foreman he was supposed to not leave that ring alive, When Ali beat him that was great!

Floyd ain't getting a pass from me on this, SMH! Trying to fight Berto, *facepalm*
HadouKEN is offline  
post #49 of 80 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 01:00 PM
Colossal-weight
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 8,550
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by HadouKEN View Post
I'm not sure why you would back Manny, he does the same thing you are accusing Floyd of.
Hand picking fighters? No he doesn't. He has been the smaller fighter in most of his big fights. Mayweather rarely ever gives up size.

Manny on the cards went 2-0-1 vs. JMM. He didn't HAVE to fight a guy that knows him better than anyone. A guy that stylistically matches up very well with him. He didn't HAVE to fight him again. Yet he did.

How in the world can you say this?
jonnyg4508 is offline  
post #50 of 80 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 01:20 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 85
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 View Post
Hand picking fighters? No he doesn't. He has been the smaller fighter in most of his big fights. Mayweather rarely ever gives up size.

Manny on the cards went 2-0-1 vs. JMM. He didn't HAVE to fight a guy that knows him better than anyone. A guy that stylistically matches up very well with him. He didn't HAVE to fight him again. Yet he did.

How in the world can you say this?
You cna't be serious, LOL. Had you actually followed Manny's whole career you would know he ducked and cherry picked fights as well as waiting for the right time to fight guys.

He ducked Nate Campbell and Juan Diaz at lighter weight. Shane Mosley called him out in 2009 when Shane was the WW champion and Manny wanted no parts of him. He waited until after Shane looked terrible against Floyd and Mara and then fought him. Those are just a few examples.

I can't believe you are justifying him not fighting Bradley again. So according to you, it's ok for him to fight Marquez a 4th time despite the fact he OFFICIALLY won the trilogy? There's no closure there? But there's closure in Timothy Bradley who he (controversially) lost his belt to?

Don't forget Tim Bradley called Pac out for a rematch and pacquiao did not want to him again. He chose to fight Marquez a fourth time because he felt there was already closure in the Bradley fight. Those were his own words.

As far as Manny fighting guys bigger than him it's clear you don't know anything about how pac weight drains his opponents and won't let them rehydrate past 147.
HadouKEN is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome