What's the #1 fight right now without Bones, GSP, or Silva? - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 03:22 PM
Welterweight
 
BrianRClover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Saint Louis MO
Posts: 2,384
                     
Most of these answers seem to be based on fanfare, and I agree... however if you're asking about the biggest fight. I think there are two, and they both only happen in the event of two specific victories.

When/if Overeem beats Bigfoot, he won't be fighting JDS in my opinion, they'll shoot him straigh at Cain, as they should. That will then be the biggest fight.

Now, as a die hard fan like all of you. It's amazing to me how many people still haven't witnessed Pettis's wall kick to Henderson from the awesome WEC days. Point being, the UFC marketing machine is awesome and powerful enough to push the living crap out of Pettis/Henderson II, espeically with Henderson no doubt gaining a lot of fame with his performance on FOX. Of course that can only happen if Pettis gets the best of Cerrone.

Those are the two fights I could see doing big Pay Per View numbers over the next six months.
BrianRClover is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 03:27 PM
LL
Cruz Control
 
LL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ocean Front Property in Arizona.
Posts: 9,159
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianRClover View Post
Most of these answers seem to be based on fanfare, and I agree... however if you're asking about the biggest fight. I think there are two, and they both only happen in the event of two specific victories.

When/if Overeem beats Bigfoot, he won't be fighting JDS in my opinion, they'll shoot him straigh at Cain, as they should. That will then be the biggest fight.

Now, as a die hard fan like all of you. It's amazing to me how many people still haven't witnessed Pettis's wall kick to Henderson from the awesome WEC days. Point being, the UFC marketing machine is awesome and powerful enough to push the living crap out of Pettis/Henderson II, espeically with Henderson no doubt gaining a lot of fame with his performance on FOX. Of course that can only happen if Pettis gets the best of Cerrone.

Those are the two fights I could see doing big Pay Per View numbers over the next six months.
I'm pretty sure a ton of people have seen the kick, the actual fight might be a different story but that kick was on ESPN a bunch in 2011 and even got played on my local news after the fight happened which has never ever covered MMA.

2013 VIP FFL Champion
THE DRAGON RIDES AGAIN - 12/20/14
Machida - Alves - Cruz - JDS - Weidman - Condit - Pettis - Edgar - Cowboy - Dodson - Okami
LL is offline  
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 03:40 PM
Lightweight
 
kc1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,638
                     
ALDO vs EDGAR!!!!!

I am also pumped for Fitch VS Maia, Dodson VS Mighty Mouse , Bisping VS Belfort, Dan VS Machida and Reem VS Big Foot.

EDIT - is Dan still fighting Machida or is he still injured and its Gustaf/Machida? Hard to keep track lately!

Last edited by kc1983; 01-02-2013 at 03:44 PM.
kc1983 is offline  
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 03:49 PM
OU
Ultra-weight
 
OU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,080
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc1983 View Post
ALDO vs EDGAR!!!!!

I am also pumped for Fitch VS Maia, Dodson VS Mighty Mouse , Bisping VS Belfort, Dan VS Machida and Reem VS Big Foot.

EDIT - is Dan still fighting Machida or is he still injured and its Gustaf/Machida? Hard to keep track lately!
Dan vs Machida is the co-main on the Rousey card, in March I think?
OU is offline  
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 04:00 PM
LL
Cruz Control
 
LL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ocean Front Property in Arizona.
Posts: 9,159
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUSOONERSOU View Post
Dan vs Machida is the co-main on the Rousey card, in March I think?
February 23rd.

2013 VIP FFL Champion
THE DRAGON RIDES AGAIN - 12/20/14
Machida - Alves - Cruz - JDS - Weidman - Condit - Pettis - Edgar - Cowboy - Dodson - Okami
LL is offline  
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 04:01 PM
OU
Ultra-weight
 
OU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,080
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
February 23rd.
That's practically March
OU is offline  
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 04:21 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 14,864
Blog Entries: 2
                     
Fuking Carlos Condit ruined the biggest fight of the year by beating Diaz lol.

I'm looking forward to Nick's the most personally, but outside of those 3 champs? Aldo/Egdar, Cain Vs Overeem/Cormier, Rousey Vs Cyborg. Think that's it. They might not get huge draws or whatever but to me anyways, those are the biggest. There are smaller ones like Fitch/Maia which I think are better, but those are the major ones, and 2/3 is going to happen so UFC = awesome...AS USUAL!
ClydebankBlitz is offline  
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 04:49 PM
The Bearded One
 
AmdM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Lisbon - Portugal
Posts: 4,103
                     
Bendo vs Aldo

McCall, Faber, Aldo, Nate, Nick, Lyoto, TBD, Hunt
Forever hanging in Anderson Silva nuts
AmdM is offline  
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 05:02 PM
Lightweight
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,655
                     
Barao vs Cruz.
Hellboy is offline  
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 05:07 PM
"Focus"
 
Life B Ez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 10,115
                     
Right now Anthony Pettis vs Donald cerrone comes to mind. I don't think that far ahead and I know that fight is happening. All my hopeful fights involve the three guys you named.

Others off the top of my head.
JDS v Cain III
Benson v Pettis II
Aldo v Barao
Rory v Condit


Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

Think. It Ain't Illegal Yet
"Discipline Hurts Less Than Regret"
Life B Ez is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome