JDS wants a rematch ASAP - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 103 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 08:48 PM
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 15,097
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bresko View Post
anybody that has ever wrestled knows that Cain's a complete badass on the mats.
he looked sloppy with his TD's against junior though, before junior gassed he was stopped 4 times in a row


Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 103 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 08:50 PM
The 45%
 
ClydebankBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 12,200
Blog Entries: 2
                     
Cain struggles to control JDS on the ground and in the clinch at moments in the fight where JDS won't even remember. He never kept JDS down at one moment in the entire fight. I think he could use some BJJ grappling because his hand fighting in the clinch and ground control aren't at the level they could be. JDS without being gassed or stunned isn't really in trouble in that aspect imo.

ClydebankBlitz is offline  
post #13 of 103 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 08:50 PM Thread Starter
....Omar Comin'
 
El Bresko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sydney, Australia.
Posts: 4,797
                     
yeah he did, but he also landed the first two takedowns of the fight on an unpunched, ungassed JDS. CBB if you watched Cain's fights you'd see he doesn't really try to hold guys down, he kinda just stays in dominant position and continues to land strikes, as soon as they get up he works for the TD again.

This is one of his tactics to gas opponents.







El Bresko is offline  
post #14 of 103 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 08:50 PM
Bantamweight
 
BOOM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 990
                     
JDS needs at least one fight (winning in convincing fashion) before meeting Cain again.

Get in line.
BOOM is offline  
post #15 of 103 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 08:53 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Manchestoorrrrrrr
Posts: 1,469
                     
Yea, let's just forget about Junior being hailed as having arguably the best take down defense in the entire sport before the fight.

So, Cain Velasquez missed quite a few take downs on JDS, where as in all of his other fights he would complete them with ease. Might have some thing to with the fact that he was fighting a guy called Junior Dos Santos, the dude that never gets taken down, ever.

brb criticising Cains wrestling skills
brb dumping Brock Lesnar onto the mat with a casual single leg take down
GrappleRetarded is offline  
post #16 of 103 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 08:53 PM
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 15,097
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bresko View Post
yeah he did, but he also landed the first two takedowns of the fight on an unpunched, ungassed JDS. CBB if you watched Cain's fights you'd see he doesn't really try to hold guys down, he kinda just stays in dominant position and continues to land strikes, as soon as they get up he works for the TD again.

This is one of his tactics to gas opponents.
thats jon jones style, its not hard to get back up but you are gonna get pummelled trying


Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is offline  
post #17 of 103 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 08:57 PM
The 45%
 
ClydebankBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 12,200
Blog Entries: 2
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bresko View Post
yeah he did, but he also landed the first two takedowns of the fight on an unpunched, ungassed JDS. CBB if you watched Cain's fights you'd see he doesn't really try to hold guys down, he kinda just stays in dominant position and continues to land strikes, as soon as they get up he works for the TD again.

This is one of his tactics to gas opponents.
But when he faces someone like JDS who has really good TDD, I find that JDS won't have too many problems seperating from the clinch. If you watch the later parts of say the 3rd round, JDS, although completley drained, was even spinning and putting Caid against the cage. He could have pushed off from there and tee-ed off against Cain while he had his back on the fence. He just didn't have it in him at that point in the fight because he allowed himself to get clocked and from there, taken down. If JDS ups his cardio, which he definently will, and keeps his hands high enough, I can see him keeping his distance and stuffing all the takedowns like he was doing early, without the risk of taking yet another stupid big shot.

And I'm obviously not just some delusional JDS fan saying everything to discredit Cain cause I seen the fight going EXACTLY as it was, but I feel JDS has the intelligence and tools to change up what he did wrong in the last fight because ultimatley, it was more his mistakes which cost him. Cain pushed the pace and used strikes to set up takedowns and JDS didn't have an answer for it. If you don't expect that against a wrestler, it's your own fault you lost.

ClydebankBlitz is offline  
post #18 of 103 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 09:05 PM
The 45%
 
ClydebankBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 12,200
Blog Entries: 2
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrappleRetarded View Post
Yea, let's just forget about Junior being hailed as having arguably the best take down defense in the entire sport before the fight.

So, Cain Velasquez missed quite a few take downs on JDS, where as in all of his other fights he would complete them with ease. Might have some thing to with the fact that he was fighting a guy called Junior Dos Santos, the dude that never gets taken down, ever.

brb criticising Cains wrestling skills
brb dumping Brock Lesnar onto the mat with a casual single leg take down
No doubt it was to do with JDS being that good. JDS has better TDD when on dream street than most have at their peak. But if Cain's wrestling is supposed to be that amazing, should it overtake JDS' TDD? JDS was making him look foolish before he got hurt and gassed, and although a harsh criticism on Cain because after all, HE was the one who hurt JDS, but if he wants to try and use the same grappling he did before JDS got caught, he's going to be made pay for it.

ClydebankBlitz is offline  
post #19 of 103 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 09:19 PM
of Nazareth
 
Soojooko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 9,461
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bresko View Post
yeah he did, but he also landed the first two takedowns of the fight on an unpunched, ungassed JDS. CBB if you watched Cain's fights you'd see he doesn't really try to hold guys down, he kinda just stays in dominant position and continues to land strikes, as soon as they get up he works for the TD again.

This is one of his tactics to gas opponents.
Yea... I agree. Cains entire game is based around position. He wont throw shit offensively until his position is secure. Totally evil and methodical. He will happily let somebody get up as long as he's still in a strong position.

I'm not sure how *skilled* he is... but he is scarily disciplined. That, for me, is his strong point. He wrestles like hes been drilled hard his whole life. His concentration never seems to slip. He's awesome.

EDIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydebankBlitz View Post
No doubt it was to do with JDS being that good. JDS has better TDD when on dream street than most have at their peak. But if Cain's wrestling is supposed to be that amazing, should it overtake JDS' TDD? JDS was making him look foolish before he got hurt and gassed, and although a harsh criticism on Cain because after all, HE was the one who hurt JDS, but if he wants to try and use the same grappling he did before JDS got caught, he's going to be made pay for it.
Naa. You can call those initial takedown attempts "sloppy"... but they we're still enough to get Dos Santos to lower is guard. By the time Cain clocked him, he was totally not expecting it. Sloppy or not... it was mission accomplished if you ask me.

Happy new year you northern skirt wearing caveman.
Soojooko is offline  
post #20 of 103 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 09:22 PM
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 15,097
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
Yea... I agree. Cains entire game is based around position. He wont throw shit offensively until his position is secure. Totally evil and methodical. He will happily let somebody get up as long as he's still in a strong position.

I'm not sure how *skilled* he is... but he is scarily disciplined. That, for me, is his strong point. He wrestles like hes been drilled hard his whole life. His concentration never seems to slip. He's awesome.
he's no michael bisping though right sooj


Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome