Dana White: Nick Diaz doesn't return my calls or texts - Page 4 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 01-02-2013, 11:13 PM   #31 (permalink)
 
Toxic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Posts: 20,889
Toxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among Men
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 View Post
In under 3 rounds? I would bet all my worth that GSP doesn't finish Diaz. Not in a million years.
He brutalized Condit and Diaz has 3 shit things going against him, A) he isn't nearly as strong, B) he has shit loads of scar tissue and C) he ignores that voice in the back of peoples head that says don't let that guy hit you in the face. Diaz has shit wrestling which means he is gonna end up on his back and he keeps a loose guard with almost no weight being given to maintaining control. He is gonna get brutalized worse than we have ever seen GSP beat anybody.
__________________



"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Rafael Silva*Zach Makovsky*Michael Page



Toxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 01-02-2013, 11:14 PM   #32 (permalink)
Heavyweight
 
ClydebankBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 3,958
Blog Entries: 1
ClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings System
To be fair though, GSP was so much more opened to submissions when he faught Condit than I thought he'd be. If anyone can sink in one, it's Diaz.
__________________
FFL '14
Joe Warren : Cheick Kongo (May 17th): John Dodson (June 7th): Fabricio Werdum : Sergio Pettis (June 7th)



MMA Forum Survival GP Season 5 Winner

VIP FFL 2013: 19th (Last) - 40 Points
ClydebankBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:16 PM   #33 (permalink)
Amateur
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 131
halifaxdonair is a jewel in the roughhalifaxdonair is a jewel in the roughhalifaxdonair is a jewel in the roughhalifaxdonair is a jewel in the roughhalifaxdonair is a jewel in the roughhalifaxdonair is a jewel in the roughhalifaxdonair is a jewel in the roughhalifaxdonair is a jewel in the roughhalifaxdonair is a jewel in the roughhalifaxdonair is a jewel in the roughhalifaxdonair is a jewel in the rough
I'm hoping Diaz can win the belt before he starts no showing press conferences again. I think it would be twice as funny.
halifaxdonair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:17 PM   #34 (permalink)
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 13,577
Blog Entries: 1
UFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
He brutalized Condit and Diaz has 3 shit things going against him, A) he isn't nearly as strong, B) he has shit loads of scar tissue and C) he ignores that voice in the back of peoples head that says don't let that guy hit you in the face. Diaz has shit wrestling which means he is gonna end up on his back and he keeps a loose guard with almost no weight being given to maintaining control. He is gonna get brutalized worse than we have ever seen GSP beat anybody.
nah, diaz has better cardio thats a fact and once he hits those body shots on gsp there wont even be an argument for gsp to stay fresh for most the fight. Diaz has a way better guard than any of the scrubs gsp has fought I mean condit flipped gsp from top position a few times and he isn't even close to as good as diaz on the ground. And diaz will land the most stifling shots standing. I do agree though that diaz has bad scar tissue and they could stop the fight due to cuts but that would be some real bullshit if they let that happen.
__________________

Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:02 AM   #35 (permalink)
 
Toxic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Posts: 20,889
Toxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among Men
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydebankBlitz View Post
To be fair though, GSP was so much more opened to submissions when he faught Condit than I thought he'd be. If anyone can sink in one, it's Diaz.
GSP was open to do more damage because similar to Diaz Condit utilizes space to set up his transitions and sub attempts which also lets the guy on top posture up and do damage. Neither guy tries to grab hold and cling from the bottom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFC_OWNS View Post
nah, diaz has better cardio thats a fact and once he hits those body shots on gsp there wont even be an argument for gsp to stay fresh for most the fight. Diaz has a way better guard than any of the scrubs gsp has fought I mean condit flipped gsp from top position a few times and he isn't even close to as good as diaz on the ground. And diaz will land the most stifling shots standing. I do agree though that diaz has bad scar tissue and they could stop the fight due to cuts but that would be some real bullshit if they let that happen.
I question if Diaz has better cardio than Condit especially fighting a grappling heavy fight, we haven't seen Diaz carry a top heavy grappler like GSP. Body shots, please Diaz isn't landing those because GSP is gonna have him on his back eating elbows and punches. Condit flipped GSP? Yeah but again as I stated earlier Condit is physically stronger than Diaz. Nick is gonna be less effective with sweeps than Condit was and he isn't good enough to get the submission because honestly at the elite level the guard is virually dead and while Diaz has a decent guard he is no Fabricio Werdum. Who has Diaz subbed in MMA that is so impressive? Cyborg? Sakurai? Gomi? Lets get real none of these guys are anywhere near elite fighters and none of them are in the same stratosphere as GSP. Not a single striker has looked remotely threatening to GSP and every one of them including Dan Hardy had better TD defense than Diaz. Keep waiting and telling yourself Diaz has a chance because honestly its comical that people think he is a top WW.
__________________



"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Rafael Silva*Zach Makovsky*Michael Page



Toxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:12 AM   #36 (permalink)
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 13,577
Blog Entries: 1
UFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
GSP was open to do more damage because similar to Diaz Condit utilizes space to set up his transitions and sub attempts which also lets the guy on top posture up and do damage. Neither guy tries to grab hold and cling from the bottom.

I question if Diaz has better cardio than Condit especially fighting a grappling heavy fight, we haven't seen Diaz carry a top heavy grappler like GSP. Body shots, please Diaz isn't landing those because GSP is gonna have him on his back eating elbows and punches. Condit flipped GSP? Yeah but again as I stated earlier Condit is physically stronger than Diaz. Nick is gonna be less effective with sweeps than Condit was and he isn't good enough to get the submission because honestly at the elite level the guard is virually dead and while Diaz has a decent guard he is no Fabricio Werdum. Who has Diaz subbed in MMA that is so impressive? Cyborg? Sakurai? Gomi? Lets get real none of these guys are anywhere near elite fighters and none of them are in the same stratosphere as GSP. Not a single striker has looked remotely threatening to GSP and every one of them including Dan Hardy had better TD defense than Diaz. Keep waiting and telling yourself Diaz has a chance because honestly its comical that people think he is a top WW.
Well if diaz isn't a top ww then neither is condit, I mean you guys seem to think condit dominated diaz even though diaz landed the better shots and was going forward and was closest to finishing the fight and condit was landing the most useless leg kicks I have ever seen. Diaz won that fight imo, I know that's off topic but here's the point, condit gives gsp a lot of trouble with his ok guard but diaz can't with his very very good guard? Condit's only weapon against GSP was a few kicks and he LANDS a headkick on GSP still and almost finishes him but diaz can't pepper him down? Also his TDD is not actually that bad watch the sean sherk fight when he was a lot worse he stuffed seans takedowns beautifully, condit defiantly does not have better TDD than diaz. This is gonna be a way harder fight for gsp than condit despite gsp once again having the homefield advantage
__________________

Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:32 AM   #37 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Sterl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: TitleTown, USA
Posts: 431
Sterl Is Running Through The RankingsSterl Is Running Through The RankingsSterl Is Running Through The RankingsSterl Is Running Through The RankingsSterl Is Running Through The RankingsSterl Is Running Through The RankingsSterl Is Running Through The RankingsSterl Is Running Through The RankingsSterl Is Running Through The RankingsSterl Is Running Through The RankingsSterl Is Running Through The Rankings
Im hoping for two rounds of GSP domination with Nick finishing a triangle or guillotine in in the 3rd. The reaction would be absolutely hilarious.

As for this article, Nick simply doesn't care. Dana knows it, he's only tolerating it for his own gain right now. If Nick screws up again I fully expect him to be gone and retire so I doubt he'll no show this fight now.
Sterl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:38 AM   #38 (permalink)
 
Toxic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Posts: 20,889
Toxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among Men
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFC_OWNS View Post
Well if diaz isn't a top ww then neither is condit,
Diaz is stylistically a much worse fight for Condit than GSP.
Quote:
I mean you guys seem to think condit dominated diaz even though diaz landed the better shots and was going forward and was closest to finishing the fight and condit was landing the most useless leg kicks I have ever seen.
Diaz was not landing the better shots at any time in that fight, Just because you like watching Diaz go straight forward and allow his opponents to punch him in the face does not make him better or braver he fights the stupidest style on earth with zero defense.
Quote:
Diaz won that fight imo, I know that's off topic but here's the point,
Only blind favoritism could allow somebody to think Diaz beat Condit, Diaz is Leonard Garcia with a black belt and better boxing and a love of that style cannot allow somebody to score a fight for him.
Quote:
condit gives gsp a lot of trouble with his ok guard but diaz can't with his very very good guard?
Condit didn't really give GSP alot of trouble one head kick was the only time he was even remotely in control.
Quote:
Condit's only weapon against GSP was a few kicks and he LANDS a headkick on GSP still and almost finishes him but diaz can't pepper him down?
What does the fact Condit can land one big shot have to due when arguing Diaz can land his 50 some body shots?One Diaz body shot is not gonna crumple GSP that is the difference.
Quote:
Also his TDD is not actually that bad watch the sean sherk fight when he was a lot worse he stuffed seans takedowns beautifully, condit defiantly does not have better TDD than diaz.
I think the fact you went back 7 years against a guy who should have been fighting at FW just furthers my point.
Quote:
This is gonna be a way harder fight for gsp than condit despite gsp once again having the homefield advantage
I would bet you that not only does GSP win but that he does so far easier than the Condit fight.
__________________



"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Rafael Silva*Zach Makovsky*Michael Page



Toxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:42 AM   #39 (permalink)
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 13,577
Blog Entries: 1
UFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
Diaz is stylistically a much worse fight for Condit than GSP.
Diaz was not landing the better shots at any time in that fight, Just because you like watching Diaz go straight forward and allow his opponents to punch him in the face does not make him better or braver he fights the stupidest style on earth with zero defense.
Only blind favoritism could allow somebody to think Diaz beat Condit, Diaz is Leonard Garcia with a black belt and better boxing and a love of that style cannot allow somebody to score a fight for him. Condit didn't really give GSP alot of trouble one head kick was the only time he was even remotely in control. What does the fact Condit can land one big shot have to due when arguing Diaz can land his 50 some body shots?One Diaz body shot is not gonna crumple GSP that is the difference. I think the fact you went back 7 years against a guy who should have been fighting at FW just furthers my point.

I would bet you that not only does GSP win but that he does so far easier than the Condit fight.
It won't be an easier fight than condit, condit didn't win the fight with diaz also since what did he land? 0 significant strikes. Nothing rocked diaz or even came close to finishing him at all, but diaz landed the harder face and body shots and was the only one to come close to finishing the fight by TAKING CONDIT DOWN and having a little time with condits back. Sherk is in no way a fw I don't know where you get that from he has only lost to champions of the lw and ww divisions. I'll let the fight with gsp and nick speak for itself.
__________________

Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:58 AM   #40 (permalink)
 
Toxic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Posts: 20,889
Toxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among Men
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFC_OWNS View Post
It won't be an easier fight than condit, condit didn't win the fight with diaz also since what did he land? 0 significant strikes. Nothing rocked diaz or even came close to finishing him at all, but diaz landed the harder face and body shots and was the only one to come close to finishing the fight by TAKING CONDIT DOWN and having a little time with condits back. Sherk is in no way a fw I don't know where you get that from he has only lost to champions of the lw and ww divisions. I'll let the fight with gsp and nick speak for itself.
Diaz got Condit down because it caught him off guard it was the only time in the fight Diaz's little dino brain allowed him to realize that he kept trying the same thing over and over and it wasn't working. It took Diaz 24 minutes to realize that Condit wasn't gonna let him pin him on the cage.
__________________



"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Rafael Silva*Zach Makovsky*Michael Page



Toxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios