MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   UFC (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/)
-   -   How can Bigfoot beat Overeem? (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/108316-how-can-bigfoot-beat-overeem.html)

Ape City 01-05-2013 11:01 AM

How can Bigfoot beat Overeem?
 
I remember watching Overeem wilt in Pride. If there was one thing consistent about Overeem in his Pride days is that the dude did not like to be hit. Overeem wilted under pressure and was bullied easily.

Fast forward to today. Ever since Overeems neck disappeared off the face of the planet and his shoulders and traps exploded, I haven't seen Overeem get rocked. Recently Overeem also doesn't allow himself to be the one getting pressured, he always moves forward even if it means eating a few shots, which has helped him deal with his problem of being overwhelmed and then wilting due to strikes. Overeem picks his shots carefully now and doesn't mind if he has to eat a shot because he knows he can take the shot now and that his shots are even harder.

This is why I feel Bigfoot has little to no chance. Overeem will not allow Bigfoot to pressure him or bully him. This Overeem doesn't allow you to set up combos or move forward on him because he is constantly pressuring and faking. I think Bigfoot is going to be bullied and will be the one wilting. There just isn't anything that Bigfoot brings to the table that Overeem doesn't do better.

That is why I feel Bigfoot's only chance is to try and surprise Overeem. Turn it into a brawl. Go all out right away and hope to land the big shot. If Bigfoot tries to play a technical striking game with Overeem he is gonna get systematically bullied and beaten down.

LL 01-05-2013 11:12 AM

Juice....lots and lots of juice.



He should probably try and do what he did to Fedor and that's use his size, obviously Overeem is bigger than Fedor but with all that muscle there's no way Overeem can have good cardio, if Bigfoot can grab him and work in the clinch with some knees while forcing Overeem to get him off of him he can zap some of his cardio and drag him down to the floor. Getting in the clinch might not be the best idea with Overeem though but Bigfoot is too slow to win a striking exchange with him. Maybe he can land a big bomb and take him out but I agree his chances aren't too good, Overeem will likely maul him.

John8204 01-05-2013 11:13 AM

How can Bleed Foot beat Overeem?

With a bat in the locker-room.

Ape City 01-05-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion (Post 1667022)
Juice....lots and lots of juice.



He should probably try and do what he did to Fedor and that's use his size, obviously Overeem is bigger than Fedor but with all that muscle there's no way Overeem can have good cardio, if Bigfoot can grab him and work in the clinch with some knees while forcing Overeem to get him off of him he can zap some of his cardio and drag him down to the floor. Getting in the clinch might not be the best idea with Overeem though but Bigfoot is too slow to win a striking exchange with him. Maybe he can land a big bomb and take him out but I agree his chances aren't too good, Overeem will likely maul him.

I agree that getting Overeem to the ground is probably Bigfoot's best option, but I think the clinch is a really bad spot for bigfoot to be, as you mentioned. I think if he hangs in the clinch he is gonna eat some seriously powerful knees from Overeem and then get shoved away when he lowers his arms.

Quote:

Originally Posted by John8204 (Post 1667023)
How can Bleed Foot beat Overeem?

With a bat in the locker-room.

:D

BOOM 01-05-2013 11:23 AM

Bigfoot has a chance, it's just very miniscule. Would be funny if he does end up rocking Reem.

Ape City 01-05-2013 11:25 AM

If Bigfoot rocks Overeem standing and finishes Overeem I will sport the most embarrassing signature anyone can dream up.

Abrissbirne 01-05-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ape City (Post 1667030)
If Bigfoot rocks Overeem standing and finishes Overeem I will sport the most embarrassing signature anyone can dream up.

be careful what you wish for :D People on here have mad internet cred :P

OHKO 01-05-2013 11:44 AM


SM33 01-05-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion (Post 1667022)
Juice....lots and lots of juice.



He should probably try and do what he did to Fedor and that's use his size, obviously Overeem is bigger than Fedor but with all that muscle there's no way Overeem can have good cardio, if Bigfoot can grab him and work in the clinch with some knees while forcing Overeem to get him off of him he can zap some of his cardio and drag him down to the floor. Getting in the clinch might not be the best idea with Overeem though but Bigfoot is too slow to win a striking exchange with him. Maybe he can land a big bomb and take him out but I agree his chances aren't too good, Overeem will likely maul him.

This, but I can see Bigfoot tiring himself too much doing this.

Just a bad fight for Bigfoot.

Toxic 01-05-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ape City (Post 1667017)
I remember watching Overeem wilt in Pride. If there was one thing consistent about Overeem in his Pride days is that the dude did not like to be hit. Overeem wilted under pressure and was bullied easily.

Fast forward to today. Ever since Overeems neck disappeared off the face of the planet and his shoulders and traps exploded, I haven't seen Overeem get rocked. Recently Overeem also doesn't allow himself to be the one getting pressured, he always moves forward even if it means eating a few shots, which has helped him deal with his problem of being overwhelmed and then wilting due to strikes. Overeem picks his shots carefully now and doesn't mind if he has to eat a shot because he knows he can take the shot now and that his shots are even harder.

This is why I feel Bigfoot has little to no chance. Overeem will not allow Bigfoot to pressure him or bully him. This Overeem doesn't allow you to set up combos or move forward on him because he is constantly pressuring and faking. I think Bigfoot is going to be bullied and will be the one wilting. There just isn't anything that Bigfoot brings to the table that Overeem doesn't do better.

That is why I feel Bigfoot's only chance is to try and surprise Overeem. Turn it into a brawl. Go all out right away and hope to land the big shot. If Bigfoot tries to play a technical striking game with Overeem he is gonna get systematically bullied and beaten down.

???? Werdum went forward and pressured Overeem everytime they stood up in there fight Werdum charged in wrapped him up and then failed to pull guard.

Personally I think BigFoot needs to look for that TD and I an not convinced he won't be able to get it as he is a big strong fighter.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2