Nick Diaz gives a homeless guy a stack of money - Page 5 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 01-08-2013, 09:43 PM   #41 (permalink)
Heavyweight
 
MMA-Sportsman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: "Runway Ahead" "Landing"
Posts: 3,849
MMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 View Post
If Diaz was your mother you would still hate him.
Are there only black or white? 0% or 100%?
Or actually someone could think Diaz is just OK, ore merely dislike him. I merely dislike him.
Sure Diaz is not all bad. He is a good talented fighter, but he produces more reasons to be disliked than people you are calling haters give to you to label them like that.
Diaz doesn't need to cure Cancer or AIDS, but if he would stop cursing his co workers and showing middle fingers to them and going to press conferences that would awesome. Guy wanna have an unique attitude, so he must bear the unique response for that.
You calling people Diaz haters is the same as yourself being called his nutt hugger. Think about that.
__________________
Eric Bana's "LOVE THE BEAST"
MMA-Sportsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 01-09-2013, 01:45 AM   #42 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
RearNaked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Swinging from Roy Nelson's nuts.
Posts: 848
RearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMA-Sportsman View Post

"If my father were my mother, I would have two mothers."

If your father was smart he would have convinced your mother to have an abortion.


RearNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:07 AM   #43 (permalink)
Welterweight
 
TanyaJade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Idaho
Posts: 2,464
TanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World Renown
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 View Post
Lol at people that get so worked up and have general hate for a fighter that they never met or know personally.

Hate is strong. I try not to hate anyone in my everyday life, but it happens. But definatly not people I never even met.

Cheer up mate, nothing is as bad as it seems and probably not as good as it seems either. Good luck to you.
I have heard this argument so many times both from people from this forum and from friends in real life, many of them Diaz fans. Yet at the same time everyone that watches MMA roots for and against certain fighters. So that kind of argument isn't valid. I know for a fact that you do not like Chael Sonnen. I take no issue with that at all. But have you ever met Chael personally? I doubt it (if you have then I'll accept the crow you're going to put in my mouth). Then why do you dislike him? Because you, like me, develop an opinion based on what we're exposed to. That's what human beings who follow a spectator sport do. Troy Polamalu is one of my least favorite NFL football players. He's dirty as hell. Apparently though he's one of the nicest guys outside of the gridiron. But I don't like the way he plays football. For those of you who are hockey fans, Sean Avery is also another example. Super nice guy outside the ice. I've met him personally, he's really cool. But I hate the way he plays hockey. He's dirty and disrespectful and I don't like that kind of game.

It's the same thing with Nick Diaz. The guy flips off his opponents at weigh-ins, during contests, and starts post fight brawls and regularly disregards the rules of the sport by failing drug tests (the opinion on marijuana being irrelevant, it's still against the rules as dictated by the NSAC). That's not what mixed martial arts is about. It's about respect, honor, skill, and intelligence. To me, Diaz exempifies the antithesis of what MMA represents and THAT is why I root against him. He could be the nicest guy in the world and I still wouldn't give a damn.

I'm not trying to flame you or anything because at the end of the day I really can see where you're coming from, but this whole "you haven't met him" argument that Diaz fans use is really a poor one.
__________________

Faber - Arlovski - Velasquez - Weidman - Lawler - Mighty Mouse
Credit to M.C. for the sig!
TanyaJade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:07 AM   #44 (permalink)
Heavyweight
 
MMA-Sportsman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: "Runway Ahead" "Landing"
Posts: 3,849
MMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by RearNaked View Post
If your father was smart he would have convinced your mother to have an abortion.


Luckly that didn't happen, otherwise who else would understand you, Rear?
__________________
Eric Bana's "LOVE THE BEAST"
MMA-Sportsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:27 AM   #45 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Tacoma
Posts: 23
Bison Needs A HugBison Needs A HugBison Needs A HugBison Needs A HugBison Needs A HugBison Needs A HugBison Needs A HugBison Needs A HugBison Needs A HugBison Needs A HugBison Needs A Hug
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari View Post
I have heard this argument so many times both from people from this forum and from friends in real life, many of them Diaz fans. Yet at the same time everyone that watches MMA roots for and against certain fighters. So that kind of argument isn't valid. I know for a fact that you do not like Chael Sonnen. I take no issue with that at all. But have you ever met Chael personally? I doubt it (if you have then I'll accept the crow you're going to put in my mouth). Then why do you dislike him? Because you, like me, develop an opinion based on what we're exposed to. That's what human beings who follow a spectator sport do. Troy Polamalu is one of my least favorite NFL football players. He's dirty as hell. Apparently though he's one of the nicest guys outside of the gridiron. But I don't like the way he plays football. For those of you who are hockey fans, Sean Avery is also another example. Super nice guy outside the ice. I've met him personally, he's really cool. But I hate the way he plays hockey. He's dirty and disrespectful and I don't like that kind of game.

It's the same thing with Nick Diaz. The guy flips off his opponents at weigh-ins, during contests, and starts post fight brawls and regularly disregards the rules of the sport by failing drug tests (the opinion on marijuana being irrelevant, it's still against the rules as dictated by the NSAC). That's not what mixed martial arts is about. It's about respect, honor, skill, and intelligence. To me, Diaz exempifies the antithesis of what MMA represents and THAT is why I root against him. He could be the nicest guy in the world and I still wouldn't give a damn.

I'm not trying to flame you or anything because at the end of the day I really can see where you're coming from, but this whole "you haven't met him" argument that Diaz fans use is really a poor one.
This is a sport where grown men punch eachother in the face and try and break each other's bones, not hug and caress one another. And I'm not trying to be a jerk but as a woman you probably don't understand that there is a testosterone factor to this sport. It's fun to see guys like Nick Diaz go toe to toe and basically tell his boss to screw off. It's entertainment. Diaz just doesn't give a damn and that's why people like him.

Can you imagine how boring the sport would be if every fighter was the same? I can appreciate guys like Rich Franklin and Junior dos Santos who are upstanding guys that shake hands and touch gloves, but I can also appreciate guy like Rampage and Diaz who are true fighters at heart because it adds diversity to this awesome sport. Personalities create entertainment and rivalries which breed fan interest.

No offense of course. I can definitely appreciate the way you view the sport but I'm just trying to get you to see that if MMA didn't have diversity or guys like Diaz, it wouldn't be where it is today.
Bison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:23 AM   #46 (permalink)
Heavyweight
 
MMA-Sportsman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: "Runway Ahead" "Landing"
Posts: 3,849
MMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bison View Post
This is a sport where grown men punch eachother in the face and try and break each other's bones, not hug and caress one another. And I'm not trying to be a jerk but as a woman you probably don't understand that there is a testosterone factor to this sport. It's fun to see guys like Nick Diaz go toe to toe and basically tell his boss to screw off. It's entertainment. Diaz just doesn't give a damn and that's why people like him.

Can you imagine how boring the sport would be if every fighter was the same? I can appreciate guys like Rich Franklin and Junior dos Santos who are upstanding guys that shake hands and touch gloves, but I can also appreciate guy like Rampage and Diaz who are true fighters at heart because it adds diversity to this awesome sport. Personalities create entertainment and rivalries which breed fan interest.

No offense of course. I can definitely appreciate the way you view the sport but I'm just trying to get you to see that if MMA didn't have diversity or guys like Diaz, it wouldn't be where it is today.
Man, I have to disagree with a few things here.
The "being a woman" remark is pointless as countless men fighters (and fans) do not appreciate Diaz attitude or behave like him.
Testosterone factor? Only Diaz testosterone is out of control, then.
The fighters are not the same and the sport without Diaz would not become boring in any way. There are plenty of different personalities and rivalry to carry on the sport, without lowering the level to a cheap brawl.
Like it or not, Rampage is fun and hilarous while talking smack. Guy is freequently seeing in a good mood, telling jokes outside the cage and in the cage fighting professionally. Can't compare his style with Diaz, who enjoys looking like he hates and dispises every opponent.

All this is about divergencies between who likes who and why.
I think a good way to define this would be like this:
I totally understand and accept people cheering up for Diaz and believing he and his controversial attitudes are essencial to the sport.
Diaz fans just have to do the same and accept people have the right to not appreciate what he does. That's it.

As for this thread, Diaz ( as any other fighter) is news, after all. Everybory will comment and make fun out of things and this cannot be flatten labelled as pure hate.
__________________
Eric Bana's "LOVE THE BEAST"
MMA-Sportsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:19 PM   #47 (permalink)
Welterweight
 
TanyaJade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Idaho
Posts: 2,464
TanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World Renown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bison View Post
This is a sport where grown men punch eachother in the face and try and break each other's bones, not hug and caress one another. And I'm not trying to be a jerk but as a woman you probably don't understand that there is a testosterone factor to this sport. It's fun to see guys like Nick Diaz go toe to toe and basically tell his boss to screw off. It's entertainment. Diaz just doesn't give a damn and that's why people like him.
A "testosterone" factor? I watch this sport for the same reasons you do. I like seeing guys and girls punch eachother in the face and I also like watching different disciplines come together in one fluid motion. Just because I have chesticles rather than testicles doesn't mean I don't enjoy the more rugged parts of the sport, so to speak.

As for the latter part of this paragraph I'll have to disagree. You may find that sort of crap entertaining, but I don't. This isn't WWF where we have Steve Austin telling Vince McMahon to screw off, this is the UFC, an organization of professionals.

Quote:
Can you imagine how boring the sport would be if every fighter was the same? I can appreciate guys like Rich Franklin and Junior dos Santos who are upstanding guys that shake hands and touch gloves, but I can also appreciate guy like Rampage and Diaz who are true fighters at heart because it adds diversity to this awesome sport. Personalities create entertainment and rivalries which breed fan interest.
This is just a matter of personal taste then. I don't mind Rampage all that much (his recent behavior and his joyride aside) but Diaz is someone that regularly puts the sport in a bad light. I can appreciate what he brings to the cage because he has a unique style, but I don't appreciate his personality because it adds nothing positive to the sport.
__________________

Faber - Arlovski - Velasquez - Weidman - Lawler - Mighty Mouse
Credit to M.C. for the sig!
TanyaJade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:33 PM   #48 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 82
marky420 has a spectacular aura aboutmarky420 has a spectacular aura aboutmarky420 has a spectacular aura aboutmarky420 has a spectacular aura aboutmarky420 has a spectacular aura aboutmarky420 has a spectacular aura aboutmarky420 has a spectacular aura aboutmarky420 has a spectacular aura aboutmarky420 has a spectacular aura aboutmarky420 has a spectacular aura aboutmarky420 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari View Post
A "testosterone" factor? I watch this sport for the same reasons you do. I like seeing guys and girls punch eachother in the face and I also like watching different disciplines come together in one fluid motion. Just because I have chesticles rather than testicles doesn't mean I don't enjoy the more rugged parts of the sport, so to speak.

As for the latter part of this paragraph I'll have to disagree. You may find that sort of crap entertaining, but I don't. This isn't WWF where we have Steve Austin telling Vince McMahon to screw off, this is the UFC, an organization of professionals.



This is just a matter of personal taste then. I don't mind Rampage all that much (his recent behavior and his joyride aside) but Diaz is someone that regularly puts the sport in a bad light. I can appreciate what he brings to the cage because he has a unique style, but I don't appreciate his personality because it adds nothing positive to the sport.
Your stand's coming from a corporate standpoint, as if the organization is more important than the fighters who risk their bodies and pride in the O. A lot of fans (not just Diaz fans) will say otherwise. Plus I don't think being real and not putting on some fake PR crap damages the UFC at all. If you're cool watching two dudes bloody themselves up, I guess some trash talk and middle fingers shouldn't be so bad. Why settle for black and white when you can have it in technicolor?
marky420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:41 PM   #49 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
MMATycoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 534
MMATycoon is on another level nowMMATycoon is on another level nowMMATycoon is on another level nowMMATycoon is on another level nowMMATycoon is on another level nowMMATycoon is on another level nowMMATycoon is on another level nowMMATycoon is on another level nowMMATycoon is on another level nowMMATycoon is on another level nowMMATycoon is on another level now
Diaz fans crack me up - Nick gives a homeless guy a dollar and they all crow from the mountain top how he gave him a stack. What "stack"? lol
MMATycoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:43 PM   #50 (permalink)
Welterweight
 
TanyaJade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Idaho
Posts: 2,464
TanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World Renown
Quote:
Originally Posted by marky420 View Post
Your stand's coming from a corporate standpoint, as if the organization is more important than the fighters who risk their bodies and pride in the O. A lot of fans (not just Diaz fans) will say otherwise. Plus I don't think being real and not putting on some fake PR crap damages the UFC at all. If you're cool watching two dudes bloody themselves up, I guess some trash talk and middle fingers shouldn't be so bad. Why settle for black and white when you can have it in technicolor?
Well, the UFC is a business first and foremost and one that's attempting to break into the mainstream sports market. It's still difficult to sell the UFC to a lot of people because many people view it violent and barbaric, and that'll turn a lot of networks and buyers away. When people watch guys like Nick Diaz have a pre-pubescent meltdown at the weigh ins or flip off his opponents in the cage, they're not going to get a good image and going to think that MMA is just fighting when it's really smething more. Not to mention post fight brawls and regular use of narcotics don't bode well either.
__________________

Faber - Arlovski - Velasquez - Weidman - Lawler - Mighty Mouse
Credit to M.C. for the sig!
TanyaJade is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios