Nick Diaz gives a homeless guy a stack of money - Page 6 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 06:50 PM
LL
Cruz Control
 
LL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ocean Front Property in Arizona.
Posts: 9,159
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari View Post
Well, the UFC is a business first and foremost and one that's attempting to break into the mainstream sports market. It's still difficult to sell the UFC to a lot of people because many people view it violent and barbaric, and that'll turn a lot of networks and buyers away. When people watch guys like Nick Diaz have a pre-pubescent meltdown at the weigh ins or flip off his opponents in the cage, they're not going to get a good image and going to think that MMA is just fighting when it's really smething more. Not to mention post fight brawls and regular use of narcotics don't bode well either.
Not to mention retiring after being bewildered by the safety first style of the Natural Born Killer!

2013 VIP FFL Champion
THE DRAGON RIDES AGAIN - 12/20/14
Machida - Alves - Cruz - JDS - Weidman - Condit - Pettis - Edgar - Cowboy - Dodson - Okami
LL is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #52 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 06:55 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Idaho
Posts: 2,848
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
Not to mention retiring after being bewildered by the safety first style of the Natural Born Killer!
Good point. One of the greatest nights of my life as an MMA fan, one of my favorite fighters wins the interim belt and my least favorite throws a hissy fit and retires. It's unfortunate that retirement didn't last.
TanyaJade is offline  
post #53 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 07:07 PM
LL
Cruz Control
 
LL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ocean Front Property in Arizona.
Posts: 9,159
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari View Post
Good point. One of the greatest nights of my life as an MMA fan, one of my favorite fighters wins the interim belt and my least favorite throws a hissy fit and retires. It's unfortunate that retirement didn't last.
I believe he'll retire after he loses to GSP too but this one will stick.

2013 VIP FFL Champion
THE DRAGON RIDES AGAIN - 12/20/14
Machida - Alves - Cruz - JDS - Weidman - Condit - Pettis - Edgar - Cowboy - Dodson - Okami
LL is offline  
post #54 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 01:16 PM
The 45%
 
ClydebankBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 14,864
Blog Entries: 2
                     
Diaz beats more fighters at WW than Condit does.

ClydebankBlitz is offline  
post #55 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 01:28 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Idaho
Posts: 2,848
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydebankBlitz View Post
Diaz beats more fighters at WW than Condit does.
Disagree.
If they ever fought again I'm almost certain Condit would win more clearly than last time. And I doubt Diaz gets past the likes of GSP, Hendricks, Ellenberger, Fitch, Maia, Stun Gun, Pierce, Rory, and Koscheck. The only decent welterweight fighters I can see Diaz beating are Alves and Kampmann.
TanyaJade is offline  
post #56 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 01:32 PM
The 45%
 
ClydebankBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 14,864
Blog Entries: 2
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari View Post
Disagree.
If they ever fought again I'm almost certain Condit would win more clearly than last time. And I doubt Diaz gets past the likes of GSP, Hendricks, Ellenberger, Fitch, Maia, Stun Gun, Pierce, Rory, and Koscheck. The only decent welterweight fighters I can see Diaz beating are Alves and Kampmann.
Do you think Condit would, to quote him "Knock Diaz out"? Do you think he'd even throw a punch this time? Natural Born Killer? Uhhhhh

Diaz to me beats all of them pretty easily with the exception of GSP and Rory. The Rory fight is particularly interesting. Fitch might be in with a shout. To think Kos wins is ridiculous. Hendricks KOs Condit to me.

ClydebankBlitz is offline  
post #57 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 01:50 PM
LL
Cruz Control
 
LL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ocean Front Property in Arizona.
Posts: 9,159
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydebankBlitz View Post
Diaz beats more fighters at WW than Condit does.
Disagree, for pretty much the same reasons Ari put. Welterweight is stacked with grapplers, the only guys Diaz should be favored over are the Condits, Alves', and Kampmann's of the division and he already lost to Condit. Kampmann could probably beat him but I don't know how an Alves/Diaz fight would go, Diaz doesn't check leg kicks and Alves might have the best leg kicks at 170, but Alves always puts his back on the fence. Nick would probably win unless Alves kept moving and kept it in the center of the cage just like Condit did.

Other than that, GSP, Hendricks, Fitch, Koscheck, Ellenberger, Maia, Story, Stun-Gun, Heiron, Nate, Woodley and Rory would all beat Diaz imo. Condit has already beat Ellenberger, Stun-Gun, and Rory and would beat Koscheck and Heiron.

2013 VIP FFL Champion
THE DRAGON RIDES AGAIN - 12/20/14
Machida - Alves - Cruz - JDS - Weidman - Condit - Pettis - Edgar - Cowboy - Dodson - Okami
LL is offline  
post #58 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 01:57 PM
The 45%
 
ClydebankBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 14,864
Blog Entries: 2
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
Disagree, for pretty much the same reasons Ari put. Welterweight is stacked with grapplers, the only guys Diaz should be favored over are the Condits, Alves', and Kampmann's of the division and he already lost to Condit. Kampmann could probably beat him but I don't know how an Alves/Diaz fight would go, Diaz doesn't check leg kicks and Alves might have the best leg kicks at 170, but Alves always puts his back on the fence. Nick would probably win unless Alves kept moving and kept it in the center of the cage just like Condit did.

Other than that, GSP, Hendricks, Fitch, Koscheck, Ellenberger, Maia, Story, Stun-Gun, Heiron, Nate, Woodley and Rory would all beat Diaz imo. Condit has already beat Ellenberger, Stun-Gun, and Rory and would beat Koscheck and Heiron.
Everyone seems to underrate Diaz' grappling though. When him and BJ went to the ground, instantly you say how good he was. When was the last time Diaz got outwrestled against anyone? Also his BJJ is one of the best in the division too. He wouldn't sub Maia or Fitch, but he'd have a damn good shot at subbing everyone else. If GSP fights as open to subs as he did against Condit, Diaz has a HUGE chance of finishing the fight there.

Condit has beat more guys, but you have to consider that Diaz has two fights in the UFC. I just think that Condut has two styles. Decent striking and running away (he'll never shake that ). He's a pretty good striker, and beats most people in that aspect, but I think when you have someone with such standout skills, like Diaz, he can't handle them. Thats why I think Condit gets KOed by Hendricks, because Johnny is such a stand out striker.

Just in summary, I think Diaz' grappling and BJJ skills are very underrated because of how he fights. I don't even think it's a lack of knowledge or ability to adapt. Diaz just wants to go toe to toe and scrap with someone. If they put him on his back he wants to sub them. Hell, he even took Condit's back and Condit is a dope grappler aswell. Put him in there with someone who isn't avoiding him, and watch Diaz either demolish them on the feet or sub them on his back.

EDIT: I talk down on Condit and big up Diaz and LL gives a legitimate and thought provoking response? What madness is this?

ClydebankBlitz is offline  
post #59 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 02:02 PM
Bantamweight
 
RearNaked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Swinging from Roy Nelson's nuts.
Posts: 848
                     
Nick could learn a lot from Nate. Nate keeps his mouth shut and Dana feeds him guys he can beat. If the UFC gave Nick the Nate treatment you'd all be sucking his dick.
RearNaked is offline  
post #60 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 02:08 PM
LL
Cruz Control
 
LL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ocean Front Property in Arizona.
Posts: 9,159
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydebankBlitz View Post
Everyone seems to underrate Diaz' grappling though. When him and BJ went to the ground, instantly you say how good he was. When was the last time Diaz got outwrestled against anyone? Also his BJJ is one of the best in the division too. He wouldn't sub Maia or Fitch, but he'd have a damn good shot at subbing everyone else. If GSP fights as open to subs as he did against Condit, Diaz has a HUGE chance of finishing the fight there.

Condit has beat more guys, but you have to consider that Diaz has two fights in the UFC. I just think that Condut has two styles. Decent striking and running away (he'll never shake that ). He's a pretty good striker, and beats most people in that aspect, but I think when you have someone with such standout skills, like Diaz, he can't handle them. Thats why I think Condit gets KOed by Hendricks, because Johnny is such a stand out striker.

Just in summary, I think Diaz' grappling and BJJ skills are very underrated because of how he fights. I don't even think it's a lack of knowledge or ability to adapt. Diaz just wants to go toe to toe and scrap with someone. If they put him on his back he wants to sub them. Hell, he even took Condit's back and Condit is a dope grappler aswell. Put him in there with someone who isn't avoiding him, and watch Diaz either demolish them on the feet or sub them on his back.

EDIT: I talk down on Condit and big up Diaz and LL gives a legitimate and thought provoking response? What madness is this?
Diaz does have a good game but he hasn't really been fighting wrestlers, he fought BJ and that was good but many would say BJ won that first round against Nick, then Nick put it on him and he gassed and he got beat up but BJ isn't a wrestler by trade, guys like Hendricks, Koscheck, Stun-Gun etc, those are the guys that I think can exploit what I believe is Nick's biggest weakness, now on paper Nick should be able to get up from Stun-Gun, Condit did and that's where most of my faith comes from in Condit doing better than Nick, I have seen Condit with my own two eyes get up from underneath a guy like Stun-Gun, I haven't seen Nick get out from underneath a guy like that, yet. Paul Daley, KJ Noons, Zaromskis, Cyborg, BJ none of those guys are the level of wrestler like Koscheck, Fitch, Hendricks, Stun-Gun, Story, Ellenberger and crew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RearNaked View Post
Nick could learn a lot from Nate. Nate keeps his mouth shut and Dana feeds him guys he can beat. If the UFC gave Nick the Nate treatment you'd all be sucking his dick.
This is ridiculous, lol, the reason people are more fond of Nate than they are Nick is because Nate is more professional, although that isn't really saying much, he may hate the PR but he still does it, Nick ran out the back door to avoid showing up to one. I'm not a fan of either guy but I do enjoy watching them fight.

2013 VIP FFL Champion
THE DRAGON RIDES AGAIN - 12/20/14
Machida - Alves - Cruz - JDS - Weidman - Condit - Pettis - Edgar - Cowboy - Dodson - Okami
LL is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome