LW needs a more marketable champion? - Page 4 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 06:42 AM
 
Budhisten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 9,226
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFC_OWNS View Post
I like it too and russians are the toughest people on the planet an ukraine have a claim too, hey budhi pettis changed the shape of bendos cheek bone for life with that kick
Yeah I'll give you that, it was one hell of an impressive kick Still think Bendo would take the rematch though




MMAForum - Please follow, like and download our app!
Budhisten is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 06:43 AM
....Omar Comin'
 
El Bresko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sydney, Australia.
Posts: 4,797
                     
I want Ristie to come to MMA, he's Spong's best student and Tyrone is set to make waves in the cage. Ristie with TDD would be the scariest thing the LW division could ever imagine.

I think Maynard will dethrone Benson.

Budhi made a really good point earlier about he deserves his couple of minutes to say what he wants to say, it's true.

I just turn off the sound.

@Liddelianenko I don't like non religious folks pushing their beliefs just as much as I don't like relgious folks pushing their beliefs aswell. I have my beliefs (or lack thereof, really), others can have theirs. I'd prefer it if was kept personal but that's just me.








El Bresko is offline  
post #33 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 06:45 AM
 
Budhisten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 9,226
                     
@Bresko - I agree, I imagine Maynard is much more likely to tage Benson's belt than people like Pettis or other upcoming LWs.

Then Maynard that fought Edgar in their first rematch would be a VERY interesting match-up for Bendo




MMAForum - Please follow, like and download our app!
Budhisten is offline  
post #34 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 06:50 AM
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 15,256
Blog Entries: 1
                     
If pettis somehow loses to bendo 2nd time around I cant see maynard winning with his average 5 rounder gas tank bendo will gas him and could guillotine him like nate diaz did in the tuf house


Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is offline  
post #35 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 08:47 AM
of Nazareth
 
Soojooko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 9,807
                     
I dont see why I cant take the piss out of Bendo because of his Jesus nuthugging. I've got no problem with religion. I do have a problem with stupidity.

This thread is questioning Bendos marketability. I think his Jesus thing is a big part of why he is unpopular. At the end of the Diaz fight when he belched out "Through Christ all things are possible... can I get an amen?!"... Did he get an Amen? F*uck no. He got tumble weeds.

I'm gonna stick me neck out here and say, the majority of the UFC fan demographic are not the types for this kind of silliness. That's why he'll never be popular.

For the record... I'm a believer. Not in organized religion, but still, I believe in a grander plan. I believe everything is by design. So, Im not one of these atheist types who want to rag on a guy because they believe in something supposedly imaginary. Even considering this, I fecking dislike Ben Henderson a great deal.
Soojooko is offline  
post #36 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 11:18 AM
KO artist
 
Liddellianenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Iowa
Posts: 5,350
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bresko View Post
I want Ristie to come to MMA, he's Spong's best student and Tyrone is set to make waves in the cage. Ristie with TDD would be the scariest thing the LW division could ever imagine.

I think Maynard will dethrone Benson.

Budhi made a really good point earlier about he deserves his couple of minutes to say what he wants to say, it's true.

I just turn off the sound.

@Liddelianenko I don't like non religious folks pushing their beliefs just as much as I don't like relgious folks pushing their beliefs aswell. I have my beliefs (or lack thereof, really), others can have theirs. I'd prefer it if was kept personal but that's just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
I dont see why I cant take the piss out of Bendo because of his Jesus nuthugging. I've got no problem with religion. I do have a problem with stupidity.

This thread is questioning Bendos marketability. I think his Jesus thing is a big part of why he is unpopular. At the end of the Diaz fight when he belched out "Through Christ all things are possible... can I get an amen?!"... Did he get an Amen? F*uck no. He got tumble weeds.

I'm gonna stick me neck out here and say, the majority of the UFC fan demographic are not the types for this kind of silliness. That's why he'll never be popular.

For the record... I'm a believer. Not in organized religion, but still, I believe in a grander plan. I believe everything is by design. So, Im not one of these atheist types who want to rag on a guy because they believe in something supposedly imaginary. Even considering this, I fecking dislike Ben Henderson a great deal.
You guys are obviously not the type I meant. You have your own beliefs and respect others right to have theirs, no problem with that. You guys are far from the usual militant religion/theism bashing type that flocks to these types of threads though.

FTR I think guys like Benson and Vitor are a bit dogmatic and over the top too, but IMO for the most part marketability has nothing to do with like-ability. People will pay good money to watch a guy they love, hate, or think is a complete looney, as long as he can beat the crap out of everyone he faces ... case in point Jones.
Liddellianenko is offline  
post #37 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 01:58 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: 1 AU
Posts: 8
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddellianenko View Post
And yet for the people who say stuff like this, the same rules apparently don't seem to apply to people shoving their atheism and religious ridicule in other people's faces.
Same rules..
Well I haven't seen any atheist fighter shoving their views on others after a fight so obviously there's no theists complaining.

I'm pretty damn sure that if a fighter would kindly remind people that there's no god or gods after a fight, religious people would be raging all over these forums.

It's kinda funny that we non believers keep our mouths shut about this stuff and when we react to people who don't, we are suddenly the ones who started it all.
PeXis is offline  
post #38 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 02:10 PM
of Nazareth
 
Soojooko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 9,807
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeXis View Post
It's kinda funny that we non believers keep our mouths shut about this stuff and when we react to people who don't, we are suddenly the ones who started it all.
Of course you keep your mouths shut. You guys don't have anything to talk about, seeing as you don't believe any of this shit. Who's going to win a fight and then tell everybody they are thankful everyday that they don't believe in god. It makes no sense. You cant brag about something you don't believe in... although it doesn't stop some people.

You know what's funny? The atheist community. They buy books about it. Go to conferences. Watch endless Richard Dawkins youtube clips. All this effort wasted on something none of them believe in. I cant think of any other community where the main attraction is the belief that something *doesn't* exist. What a total waste of time and money.
Soojooko is offline  
post #39 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 02:17 PM
 
Budhisten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 9,226
                     
Really - defining yourself by your faith (or lack thereof) is kinda silly. I still believe fighters who step into the cage and win deserve the right to say whatever they want in the post fight interview, they've earned that




MMAForum - Please follow, like and download our app!
Budhisten is offline  
post #40 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 02:33 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: 1 AU
Posts: 8
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
You cant brag about something you don't believe in... although it doesn't stop some people.
Well I'm quite proud to live a life without superstition and I definitely can brag about it.

Quote:
You know what's funny? The atheist community. They buy books about it.
I'd say most of the people buying those books are the ones who are religious but have their doubts or just want to hear the counter arguments.

Quote:
Go to conferences.
Yes, to connect with like minded people.
Usually in countries where non believers are a minority.

Quote:
Watch endless Richard Dawkins youtube clips.
All this effort wasted on something none of them believe in.
Have you ever watched any Dawkins videos?
They're usually about many things like culture, biology, different religions.

Quote:
All this effort wasted on something none of them believe in.
None of them believe in.. You don't seem to understand.
We believe in many things like reason and science for example.

Quote:
I cant think of any other community where the main attraction is the belief that something *doesn't* exist.
The community isn't about that. It's about connecting with like minded people and fighting discrimination for example.
There aren't really any atheist communities in my country, since we aren't a minority.

Quote:
What a total waste of time and money.
At least we're not funding pedophiles, population growth and spread of AIDS in starving countries, ridicule of science, anti-gay movement etc.
In fact we're funding the prevention of that.
PeXis is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome