Does anyone think Benson Henderson Beat Frankie in the Second fight? - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

View Poll Results: Did Bendo beat Frankie in their second fight in your opinion?

Yes 31 32.29%
No 54 56.25%
Draw 2 2.08%
This fight was so long ago that I can't remember 9 9.38%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Reply

Old 01-24-2013, 12:04 PM   #11 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
TheNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: AZ
Posts: 1,683
TheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killz View Post
and now you do. No need to thank me
Thanks Bro.. Love the Avatar by the way
TheNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 01-24-2013, 12:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
OU
BOOMER SOONER
 
OU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,079
OU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNinja View Post
Thanks Bro.. Love the Avatar by the way
I think you meant to say sig, not AV.
OU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:10 PM   #13 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
TheNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: AZ
Posts: 1,683
TheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUSOONERSOU View Post
I think you meant to say sig, not AV.
LOL..Yeah
TheNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:16 PM   #14 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
dlxrevolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,500
dlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level now
My thought process when it comes to these types of situations is this:

Many fighters stress all the time that you never want to leave it in the hands of the judges because you never know which style, techniques, and executions will sway them. So as a fan, whether YOU think a fighter legitimately won a fight or not ultimately doesn't matter in the world of fighting, because the most important people, whether you think they are dumb asses or not, are the judges.

The best, and sometimes the only way to keep a robbery from happening is to finish the fight. If the fighters don't finish, then whoever the judges thinks won the fight, won the fight. Many people argue that Frankie won the second fight. But guess what, the most important people scored the fight for bendo, so he is who won. I personally think Carlos Condit was robbed in his fight against Kampann, but yet again, he didn't insure his victory by finishing, so Kampann won because the judges said so.

My point is that if all these people that won these fights, TRULY won the fight, it wouldn't have had to go to a decision in the first place.
dlxrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:22 PM   #15 (permalink)
OU
BOOMER SOONER
 
OU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,079
OU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlxrevolution View Post
My thought process when it comes to these types of situations is this:

Many fighters stress all the time that you never want to leave it in the hands of the judges because you never know which style, techniques, and executions will sway them. So as a fan, whether YOU think a fighter legitimately won a fight or not ultimately doesn't matter in the world of fighting, because the most important people, whether you think they are dumb asses or not, are the judges.

The best, and sometimes the only way to keep a robbery from happening is to finish the fight. If the fighters don't finish, then whoever the judges thinks won the fight, won the fight. Many people argue that Frankie won the second fight. But guess what, the most important people scored the fight for bendo, so he is who won. I personally think Carlos Condit was robbed in his fight against Kampann, but yet again, he didn't insure his victory by finishing, so Kampann won because the judges said so.

My point is that if all these people that won these fights, TRULY won the fight, it wouldn't have had to go to a decision in the first place.
It's not like the fighters wanted to go to the cards. Just neither guy could finish the other. I disagree that the only "true" way to win is get a finish. Sometimes that's just not in the cards.
I also don't have to base my views on fights and fighters on what 3 generally incompetent judges have to say. I don't have to accept all decisions as law and I never will.
OU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:37 PM   #16 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
TheNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: AZ
Posts: 1,683
TheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlxrevolution View Post
My thought process when it comes to these types of situations is this:

Many fighters stress all the time that you never want to leave it in the hands of the judges because you never know which style, techniques, and executions will sway them. So as a fan, whether YOU think a fighter legitimately won a fight or not ultimately doesn't matter in the world of fighting, because the most important people, whether you think they are dumb asses or not, are the judges.

The best, and sometimes the only way to keep a robbery from happening is to finish the fight. If the fighters don't finish, then whoever the judges thinks won the fight, won the fight. Many people argue that Frankie won the second fight. But guess what, the most important people scored the fight for bendo, so he is who won. I personally think Carlos Condit was robbed in his fight against Kampann, but yet again, he didn't insure his victory by finishing, so Kampann won because the judges said so.

My point is that if all these people that won these fights, TRULY won the fight, it wouldn't have had to go to a decision in the first place.
When two guys like Frankie and Bendo are fighting your not always going to get a finish because they are such tough SOB's and are the best at that weight class.

I personally think Bendo won the first fight. And Frankie won the Second fight.

The only reason I brought this back up is due how excited I am that Frankie is Fighting in about 10 days from now!!!!
TheNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:43 PM   #17 (permalink)
LL
Cruz Control
 
LL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dance Class with Dom.
Posts: 8,802
LL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings System
You wanna know what I think about the biggest robbery in anything ever?



Frankie Edgar won both of those fights!
__________________
2013 VIP FFL Champion
THE RETURN - 9/27/14
Machida - Alves - Cruz - JDS - Weidman - Condit - Pettis - Edgar - Cowboy - Dodson - Okami
LL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:44 PM   #18 (permalink)
OU
BOOMER SOONER
 
OU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,079
OU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings System
I see no argument what so ever in Frankie winning the 1st fight. It wasn't even a close fight. 2nd fight was a close fight, but a fight Frankie won.
OU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:49 PM   #19 (permalink)
"Focus"
 
Life B Ez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 8,784
Life B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings System
I thought the first fight was pretty clearly Benson.

Full disclosure haven't seen the second fight. I have no real interest in it either. But people I trust and who are very well educated said Frankie pretty clearly.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3
__________________
Think. It Ain't Illegal Yet
"Discipline Hurts Less Than Regret"
Life B Ez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:03 PM   #20 (permalink)
OU
BOOMER SOONER
 
OU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,079
OU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings System
The list of sites that scored the fight(2nd fight) in favor of Edgar is endless. Literally every respectable or semi-respectable site scored it for Frankie.
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/8/11...y-play-for-ppv
http://mmajunkie.com/news/30078/ufc-...ve-results.mma
Sherdog - http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/UFC...-Updates-44761

mmabay - http://www.mmabay.co.uk/2012/08/11/u...nver-colorado/

mmaweekly - http://www.mmaweekly.com/ufc-150-pla...-frankie-edgar

cagepotato - http://www.cagepotato.com/ufc-150-he...ts-commentary/

mmafrenzy- http://mmafrenzy.com/29859/ufc-150-h...-play-by-play/

mmafighting - http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/8/11...0-play-by-play

bleacher report - http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...d-play-by-play
OU is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios