How much are these guys getting paid?? - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 07-14-2006, 11:18 AM   #11 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 45
ranger595 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooley
like dana white said on mma weekly news radio

"do you want people to know how much you make? if they find out it can cause big problems in your life" then he went on to say "why cant the internet knuckleheads go home and worry about there own pay"

Because with my pay I buy his product. I want to know if I'm support another exploitive organization that makes billions and pays their fighters hunedreds like boxing. If that's the case, I won't pay for their products- Just like boxing. It's unconscienable to think Ali or Marciano never saw the money a bum like Tyson saw. Or that washed up fighters have to fight when they can't even speak a sentence, just so they can afford a can of tuna fish.

Every major professional organization publishes the contracts of its principals: football, baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer and boxing. If Dana wants UFC to be included in this group, I'm sure he wouldn't want a different set of expectations and rules.
__________________
RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
ranger595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 07-14-2006, 12:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 302
samurice has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by teampunishment.50web
Pride always seem to be tryng to cut their costs by dishing out cards in an overly zealous manner.
What are you talking about?

And to whoever said Chuck makes over half a million per fight, I don't know how much he gets from endorsements but the UFC only pays his 80k to show and I'm not sure on his win bonus.
samurice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 12:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 16
LawFitz has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger595
Because with my pay I buy his product. I want to know if I'm support another exploitive organization that makes billions and pays their fighters hunedreds like boxing. If that's the case, I won't pay for their products- Just like boxing. It's unconscienable to think Ali or Marciano never saw the money a bum like Tyson saw. Or that washed up fighters have to fight when they can't even speak a sentence, just so they can afford a can of tuna fish.

Every major professional organization publishes the contracts of its principals: football, baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer and boxing. If Dana wants UFC to be included in this group, I'm sure he wouldn't want a different set of expectations and rules.
Good post. I totally agree.

If Dana wants legitimacy, he's gonna have to open the books.

The UFC is blowing up and this is just the beginning. The fighters are the heart and soul of this organization and their compensation should increase in accordance with overall growth.
LawFitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 02:04 PM   #14 (permalink)
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 43
Venom has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooley
lol

and how do you know hes cheap? did you see these guys pay cheques?

and what differnce does it make if you know what a guy makes or not? your not the one getting paid to do it. do you really think these guys are dumb? they know roughly what the ufc takes in per show, do you really matt hughes (the champion) will go fight for 55000 dollars and travel the country for the ufc promoting it? give me a break

how much do pride fighters get? more or less? if it more than why are these guys over there? if its less than why arent there guys here in the ufc?
I dont have to give you a break, you can wake up and realize the truth, you dumbshit. Dana white pays these guys shit. i know the pays, i've seen them on sites, not forums, exactly from the nevada state athletic comission. Fighters don't care that much because they're just going out there to fight. Smart fighters don't like to put up with Dana White's crap. fore example ortiz didn't, frank shamrock didn't, he never came back, wanderlei had trouble signing a contract, and many others.
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 03:08 PM   #15 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 76
Big_Badi_Rabadi has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by samurice
What are you talking about?

And to whoever said Chuck makes over half a million per fight, I don't know how much he gets from endorsements but the UFC only pays his 80k to show and I'm not sure on his win bonus.

No he gets paid well over half a million. . . . to fight randy cotoure the second and third time, he got paid between 1-2 million dollars
Big_Badi_Rabadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 06:14 PM   #16 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 302
samurice has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Uh, no. He got 70k to show for Couture II, and I don't remember his contract expiring before for Couture III so the chances of him getting more than 80k for that fight (minus win bonus) is higly unlikely. Like I said earlier though, I don't know how much he gets from sponsors, but his UFC paycheck itself isn't more than 80k (plus win bonus and championship bonus, even then it's nowhere near half a million).

http://www.subfighter.com/article1441.html
samurice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 06:35 PM   #17 (permalink)
Welterweight
 
The Don's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: TN
Posts: 2,166
Blog Entries: 4
The Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by samurice
Uh, no. He got 70k to show for Couture II, and I don't remember his contract expiring before for Couture III so the chances of him getting more than 80k for that fight (minus win bonus) is higly unlikely. Like I said earlier though, I don't know how much he gets from sponsors, but his UFC paycheck itself isn't more than 80k (plus win bonus and championship bonus, even then it's nowhere near half a million).

http://www.subfighter.com/article1441.html
whats wrong with 80 K for a half hours worth of work max doing something you enjoy win or lose???? Damn I'd step into the ring with Fedor for that price.. Can I say Debt free with money left over????
__________________
RGDA TN Web Site

My BJJ and MMA Blog

BJJ Board

Use No Way as Way, Have No Limitation as Limitation.
Vincere Vel Mori

Yea I still exist.
The Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 06:47 PM   #18 (permalink)
This is SPARTA!
 
Kameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 5,493
Blog Entries: 4
Kameleon is on another level nowKameleon is on another level nowKameleon is on another level nowKameleon is on another level nowKameleon is on another level nowKameleon is on another level nowKameleon is on another level nowKameleon is on another level nowKameleon is on another level nowKameleon is on another level nowKameleon is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Don
whats wrong with 80 K for a half hours worth of work max doing something you enjoy win or lose???? Damn I'd step into the ring with Fedor for that price.. Can I say Debt free with money left over????
I'm with you, 80K is good enough for me to fight anybody even Fedor. That's enough for the medical bill and money left over to be set for a couple of years.
__________________

Kameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 07:51 PM   #19 (permalink)
Welterweight
 
The Don's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: TN
Posts: 2,166
Blog Entries: 4
The Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameleon
I'm with you, 80K is good enough for me to fight anybody even Fedor. That's enough for the medical bill and money left over to be set for a couple of years.
exactly. I'd sign a 3 fight deal and fight whoever they wanted for 80K per fight. They just have to give me 6 months of training with like Hugews and the boys there so I don't get killed.. mained is ok for that kind of money
__________________
RGDA TN Web Site

My BJJ and MMA Blog

BJJ Board

Use No Way as Way, Have No Limitation as Limitation.
Vincere Vel Mori

Yea I still exist.
The Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 08:10 PM   #20 (permalink)
canadian champ
 
moldy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Sask, Canada
Posts: 1,523
moldy is just really nicemoldy is just really nicemoldy is just really nicemoldy is just really nicemoldy is just really nicemoldy is just really nicemoldy is just really nicemoldy is just really nicemoldy is just really nicemoldy is just really nicemoldy is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Badi_Rabadi
No he gets paid well over half a million. . . . to fight randy cotoure the second and third time, he got paid between 1-2 million dollars
No he got 150,000 and 150,000 for wining. While Randy got 200,000.
moldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios