UFC/Pride share rosters, rules...any more details?
Sorry if this has already discussed. But after searching for the last 15 minutes, I haven't found anything concrete. If there is such a thread, just direct me to it and close this one.
If not, maybe sticky this.
OK, so now that the UFC owns Pride, they've said that Pride and UFC will share rosters, and that Pride will acquire the rules and weightclasses of the UFC.
That being said...
- Will Pride continue to fight in a ring or acquire the octagon?
- Who will determine who fights where?
- Will a fighter's contract bind him to that promotion for the period of his contract?
- Which gloves will they use? Or will they still have seperate ones?
- Will they - should they - unify the belts?
- What fights are you eager to see?
I've seen a lot of this discussed all over other threads, making them off taking.
Again, sorry if there's already a thread to talk about the UFC + Pride Worldwide possibilities.
Also, I wanna note that I'm not personally asking these questions. As I don't think Pride will adopt the octagon, nor do I think they should unify the belts. I think it would be really cool for someone to have the chance to be UFC and Pride champion at the same time.
The Ever-Popular Top 5 Fighters List