***OFFICIAL*** Jose Aldo vs. Frankie Edgar Thread - Page 24 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

View Poll Results: Your prediction

Jose Aldo (c) 38 57.58%
Frankie Edgar 27 40.91%
Draw 1 1.52%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Reply

Old 02-03-2013, 12:18 PM   #231 (permalink)
 
Budhisten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Denmark
Posts: 9,148
Budhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitOrGetHit View Post
4 Rounds for Aldo is definitely pushing it.
Yeah, but I still think 4-1 Aldo is closer to the right call than a 3-2 for Edgar would have been...

I had it 3-2 for Aldo but it was close to a 4-1.
__________________



MMAForum - Please follow, like and download our app!
Budhisten is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 02-03-2013, 12:21 PM   #232 (permalink)
WEC For Life
 
HitOrGetHit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 18,001
Blog Entries: 13
HitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budhisten View Post
Yeah, but I still think 4-1 Aldo is closer to the right call than a 3-2 for Edgar would have been...

I had it 3-2 for Aldo but it was close to a 4-1.
I disagree. 3-2 either way is much closer to what really happened than 4-1 Aldo. Aldo faded in the championship rounds and Frankie was finding a home for that right hand.
__________________


"Don't be shocked that people die. Be surprised you're still alive."
HitOrGetHit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:25 PM   #233 (permalink)
 
Budhisten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Denmark
Posts: 9,148
Budhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF Material
Yeah but faded or not, Aldo was landing powerful counters throughout. I feel that 3-2 Aldo is the right call for this one, and I feel that 4-1 or 2-3 would've been wrong either way.

Edgar had a much better case for feeling sorry after the second Bendo-fight than he did here.
__________________



MMAForum - Please follow, like and download our app!
Budhisten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:28 PM   #234 (permalink)
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
 
osmium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 6,517
osmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budhisten View Post
Where in the hell is my hatred for Edgar blatant? Yes, Aldo and Bendo are two of my favorite fighters but how does that = me hating Edgar?

His last two fights with Maynard are some of my favorite fights ever and I enjoy his heart and courage as much as the next guy. So please, do not label me as a hater just because I disagree with you. If you want to have a discussion about the scoring, fine, but try to use reason instead of just crying and throwing profanities around. It makes you look bad.

And most of the major MMA news outlets scored it for Aldo as well (As did the judges obviously) so you will have to explain your view of the scoring being wrong for me to take your opinion seriously.

Thank you.

Sorry for the slightly aggressive response, but I do not appreciate being told which fighters I hate and love (especially when it's the complete opposite)
Yeah claiming that he only wins by endurance isn't clear bias. You are his biggest fan ever belittling everything he has done by turning it into some delusional false reality you have created within your own mind.

There is no argument for Aldo winning the third or fourth round. He was thoroughly out struck in those rounds. Here is the explanation for Aldo winning the third things that didn't happen and front kick make loud slappy noise. The fifth was basically 3 different fights in one. In the first part Aldo was out pointing him as they exchanged jabs and glancing blows for the most part, then Edgar heavily out landed him for about 2 minutes, and the last minute and a half was evenly contested with both guys landing solid strikes. Saying Edgar's face looked worse doesn't mean anything. Aldo did almost all of that with jabs in the first two rounds; cutting a guy up with your gloves doesn't have anything to do with whether or not you won a fight.
osmium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:36 PM   #235 (permalink)
 
Budhisten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Denmark
Posts: 9,148
Budhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF Material
I don't recall ever making the argument that Aldo won because Edgar "looked worse for wear."

If you still feel like Edgar outstruck Aldo enough to earn the W, please take a look at this. Since you use the word "outstruck" you must dig statistics:

http://blog.fightmetric.com/2013/02/...tatistics.html

Aldo landed most strikes to the head in each and every round, and, statistically, outstruck Edgar in this fight. Pure and simple.
__________________



MMAForum - Please follow, like and download our app!
Budhisten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:40 PM   #236 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
BOOM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 979
BOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong way
Quote:
Originally Posted by osmium View Post
Horrible decision. You are insane with Edgar hate if you think Aldo won that fight; he didn't do shit in the third and fourth and was clearly out landed in the fifth in both significant and total strikes. Edgar is now the champion of two weight classes.
Ridiculous, Edgar did not come close to beating Aldo last night.
BOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:45 PM   #237 (permalink)
WEC For Life
 
HitOrGetHit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 18,001
Blog Entries: 13
HitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budhisten View Post
I don't recall ever making the argument that Aldo won because Edgar "looked worse for wear."

If you still feel like Edgar outstruck Aldo enough to earn the W, please take a look at this. Since you use the word "outstruck" you must dig statistics:

http://blog.fightmetric.com/2013/02/...tatistics.html

Aldo landed most strikes to the head in each and every round, and, statistically, outstruck Edgar in this fight. Pure and simple.
If you break it down round by round, Aldo loses rounds 3, 4 and 5 according to that.
__________________


"Don't be shocked that people die. Be surprised you're still alive."
HitOrGetHit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:49 PM   #238 (permalink)
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
 
osmium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 6,517
osmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budhisten View Post
I don't recall ever making the argument that Aldo won because Edgar "looked worse for wear."

If you still feel like Edgar outstruck Aldo enough to earn the W, please take a look at this. Since you use the word "outstruck" you must dig statistics:

http://blog.fightmetric.com/2013/02/...tatistics.html

Aldo landed most strikes to the head in each and every round, and, statistically, outstruck Edgar in this fight. Pure and simple.
Did you look at those fake stats? Because they counted all of Aldo's jabs as significant strikes.

I have proven their numbers to be wildly inaccurate multiple times in the past and this just further cements how worthless anything they post is. Made up numbers aren't statistics.

I forgot to mention how absurd you holding up the "MMA Media" score cards is earlier. Those are not experts and if you listen to them talk you realize at least 70% of them are addle brained retards.
osmium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:56 PM   #239 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
BrutalKO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Melbourne, Florida
Posts: 1,961
BrutalKO Is Beloved By AllBrutalKO Is Beloved By AllBrutalKO Is Beloved By AllBrutalKO Is Beloved By AllBrutalKO Is Beloved By AllBrutalKO Is Beloved By AllBrutalKO Is Beloved By AllBrutalKO Is Beloved By AllBrutalKO Is Beloved By AllBrutalKO Is Beloved By AllBrutalKO Is Beloved By All
...The poll was close like the fight results. Aldo pretty much controlled the first 3 rds with that stiff, snapping jab and landing hard shots that wrecked Frankie's face. Aldo's legkicks were hitting the butter spot on Frankie. Why he abandoned them..dunno. If Aldo landed 3 or 4 more of those wicked, power-chopping legkicks on Frankie, he could have well finished him right there. Edgar's left leg was getting smashed. In typical Edgar fashion, he coes out stronger in the 4th & 5th. Great fight. These championship decision losses that Frankie is having must be a bitch to deal with. Hats off to Edgar's heart. Hats off to leaving it all out there too...

...Gotta say easily the biggest, nastiest upset so far of 2013 and maybe for the rest of the year...Overeem getting brutally knocked out...What's to say?
BrutalKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:28 PM   #240 (permalink)
The Fun Police

 
Killz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: UK... Where the sun never shines.
Posts: 10,373
Blog Entries: 1
Killz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among Men
Quote:
Originally Posted by osmium View Post
Did you look at those fake stats? Because they counted all of Aldo's jabs as significant strikes.

I have proven their numbers to be wildly inaccurate multiple times in the past and this just further cements how worthless anything they post is. Made up numbers aren't statistics.

I forgot to mention how absurd you holding up the "MMA Media" score cards is earlier. Those are not experts and if you listen to them talk you realize at least 70% of them are addle brained retards.
You haven't proven anything. Your opinions are as worthless as those you are disregarding.

The only 'fact' in this whole thing is that Jose Aldo won. Get over it.


Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
__________________


"You see a mousetrap and I see free cheese and a f**king challenge" ~ Scroobius Pip

My Super FFL Team That Most Definitely Isn't Going to Come 2nd Last This Year!
Jose Aldo Carlos Condit Hector Lombard Edson Barboza Anthony 'Rumble' Johnson
Killz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios