Rashad Evans knows he'd beat Anderson Silva, not gunning for 'bittersweet' fight - Page 4 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 109 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 10:06 AM
OU
Ultra-weight
 
OU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,080
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitOrGetHit View Post
If Rashad is relentless enough I don't think Silva finds his chin.
I don't think there is anything Rashad can do to prevent Anderson from finding his chin. Anderson is just too fast and too accurate. It would just be a matter of time.
OU is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 109 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 10:23 AM
-DayDay Knucks-
 
HitOrGetHit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 20,256
Blog Entries: 13
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUSOONERSOU View Post
I don't think there is anything Rashad can do to prevent Anderson from finding his chin. Anderson is just too fast and too accurate. It would just be a matter of time.
Anderson has been really good at that yes but he is fighting guys that are either totally committing to striking, standing right in front if him or backing up. He hasn't looked that stellar against the couple wrestlers that committed to takedowns that actually have the wrestling to get it done.

Do I think Rashad will definitely win? No. Is Silva the favorite? Yes. Does Rashad possess the speed and wrestling to make it his fight. Absolutely.


-Always Supporting-
Miesha Tate - Urijah Faber - Dustin Poirier - Frankie Edgar - Claudia Gadelha - Demian Maia - Jessica Eye

Sig Credit: M.C
HitOrGetHit is offline  
post #33 of 109 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 10:24 AM
Lightweight
 
aerius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,511
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitOrGetHit View Post
If Rashad is relentless enough I don't think Silva finds his chin.
So let me get this straight. Rashad, who got hit clean several times by Tito freakin' Ortiz, is somehow going to avoid getting his chin tagged by Anderson Silva? Really?
aerius is offline  
post #34 of 109 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 10:26 AM
-DayDay Knucks-
 
HitOrGetHit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 20,256
Blog Entries: 13
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerius View Post
So let me get this straight. Rashad, who got hit clean several times by Tito freakin' Ortiz, is somehow going to avoid getting his chin tagged by Anderson Silva? Really?
I said if he is relentless enough he can get it done. There was an IF in there if you missed it again.

And let's leave the mmath out of it. It goes both way.

I could be like so you are telling me that Travis Lutter can take down Silva and Rashad can't? Really?

Chanel Sonnen can clip Silva but Rashad can't? Really?


-Always Supporting-
Miesha Tate - Urijah Faber - Dustin Poirier - Frankie Edgar - Claudia Gadelha - Demian Maia - Jessica Eye

Sig Credit: M.C
HitOrGetHit is offline  
post #35 of 109 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 10:29 AM
OU
Ultra-weight
 
OU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,080
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitOrGetHit View Post
Anderson has been really good at that yes but he is fighting guys that are either totally committing to striking, standing right in front if him or backing up. He hasn't looked that stellar against the couple wrestlers that committed to takedowns that actually have the wrestling to get it done.

Do I think Rashad will definitely win? No. Is Silva the favorite? Yes. Does Rashad possess the speed and wrestling to make it his fight. Absolutely.
I use to think Rashad would be a good matchup for Spider back when Rashad was on his title run because he had such unique head movement. But IMO he isn't the same fighter post Machida. He is more gun shy on the feet these days it seems. I think Anderson is quite a bit faster then Machida and Machida had the speed advantage vs Rashad. I just think the speed is really the killer here for Rashad. It would be like nothing Rashad had ever seen before.
I use to think it would be a good matchup but over the years I have changed my mind and as time goes on and the more I see the more I'm sure Anderson would hurt him badly. But that's just how I see it playing out.
OU is offline  
post #36 of 109 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 10:33 AM
-DayDay Knucks-
 
HitOrGetHit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 20,256
Blog Entries: 13
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUSOONERSOU View Post
I use to think Rashad would be a good matchup for Spider back when Rashad was on his title run because he had such unique head movement. But IMO he isn't the same fighter post Machida. He is more gun shy on the feet these days it seems. I think Anderson is quite a bit faster then Machida and Machida had the speed advantage vs Rashad. I just think the speed is really the killer here for Rashad. It would be like nothing Rashad had ever seen before.
I use to think it would be a good matchup but over the years I have changed my mind and as time goes on and the more I see the more I'm sure Anderson would hurt him badly. But that's just how I see it playing out.
He did change after Machida. He remembered he is a wrestler and one of the best in the entire division.


-Always Supporting-
Miesha Tate - Urijah Faber - Dustin Poirier - Frankie Edgar - Claudia Gadelha - Demian Maia - Jessica Eye

Sig Credit: M.C
HitOrGetHit is offline  
post #37 of 109 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 10:39 AM
Light Heavyweight
 
Trix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,383
                     
Would Rashad vs Silva interfere with Vitor and Rashad agreeing not to fight one another being on the same team: blackzilians?

Would be a shame if another blowout occurred.
Trix is offline  
post #38 of 109 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 10:40 AM
Bantamweight
 
HorsepoweR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Johnsburg, Illinois
Posts: 920
                     
I would love to see Rashad fight Silva, that's the only Silva fight I'm interested in right now besides him moving up to LHW.

BJ The Prodigy Penn
Alexander The Mauler Gustafsson
Cain Brock Smasher Velasquez

Anthony Rumble Johnson

2014 NPFFL Champ
HorsepoweR is offline  
post #39 of 109 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 10:41 AM
OU
Ultra-weight
 
OU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,080
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitOrGetHit View Post
He did change after Machida. He remembered he is a wrestler and one of the best in the entire division.
Yeah I agree ultimately it was a change for the best. He kind of fell in love with his standup just like Kos did. Hard to beat when he sticks to his wrestling. But again I think the speed plays a factor in that department as well. Rashad is faster then most LHW and can get his shot on most guys in that division. With Anderson's style and speed I think it will be hard for Rashad to shoot in. Just looking at the list of guys Rashad has fought in his career the guys that have given him the most problems are the guys can match his speed or even have the advantage over him in that department. Jones, Machida and even Bisping. Anderson blows them all away when it comes to speed.
OU is offline  
post #40 of 109 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 10:44 AM
-DayDay Knucks-
 
HitOrGetHit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 20,256
Blog Entries: 13
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUSOONERSOU View Post
Yeah I agree ultimately it was a change for the best. He kind of fell in love with his standup just like Kos did. Hard to beat when he sticks to his wrestling. But again I think the speed plays a factor in that department as well. Rashad is faster then most LHW and can get his shot on most guys in that division. With Anderson's style and speed I think it will be hard for Rashad to shoot in. Just looking at the list of guys Rashad has fought in his career the guys that have given him the most problems are the guys can match his speed or even have the advantage over him in that department. Jones, Machida and even Bisping. Anderson blows them all away when it comes to speed.
Anderson is an entirely different fighter. He isn't elusive like Machida is. (He is elusive but he uses a lot more head movement where Machida comes in and out a lot more), JBJ had a huge reach advantage compounded with the fact that he has a very very good wrestling base. And Bisping has much better TDD than Silva has.


-Always Supporting-
Miesha Tate - Urijah Faber - Dustin Poirier - Frankie Edgar - Claudia Gadelha - Demian Maia - Jessica Eye

Sig Credit: M.C
HitOrGetHit is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome