Brock Vs unroided Overeem? (same overeem that got KOd by bigfoot) - Page 6 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 01:29 PM
Heavyweight
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,644
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ape City View Post
So how on earth can you attribute being beaten down by the current HW champion Cain to a medical issue if you think he always sucked?
people are so damn stupid, it boggles my mind. You are a lunatic man, way way off the deep end. Making arguments out of things people never said acting like the mmaforum dictator, get a life. I know we aren't supposed to insult forum members but somebody needs to tell you to just shut up with your nonsense, stop putting words in people's mouth and shut up.
rabakill is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #52 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 02:52 PM
It's a league game, Smokey
 
Ape City's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Planet of the Apes
Posts: 8,194
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabakill View Post
somebody needs to tell you to just shut up with your nonsense, stop putting words in people's mouth and shut up.
First of all:



Second:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabakill View Post
stop putting words in people's mouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabakill View Post
No one here is talking about his performances, he always sucked at fighting, you're are just spewing ignorance and bias.
Sorry I didn't realize someone else typed this for you.

Honestly, i'm not sure what has got you so riled up. I don't recall acting like a dictator, I just asked a few people to provide some evidence to support their arguments. And once again instead of answering the question you just flip out and insult me.


mad props: Toxic
Ape City is offline  
post #53 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 01:46 AM Thread Starter
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 422
                     
Who knows if the out come would of been any different.

Reem just seemed so much more aggressive and wanted to get the job against Brock.

Perhaps the steroids gave him that aggression to go in and finish the job and do it quick against Brock. Keeping his hands down against big foot was not over confidence , it was foolishness. The fact that he was not on roids meant his ferociousness and aggression and willingness to end the fight quick wasn't there. You could even argue that the fact he was not on the roids meant he was scared to go in and try to finish because he deemed that as too risky. Jacked up on roids may have given him the mental state required to go in aggressively and finish Bigfoot with out fear.

It's possible that because he wasn't on the roids, he decided to play safe and win the comfortable decision because he did not have enough confidence that he could finish big foot.

Overroid fans, please don't get your knickers in a knot.
Black_S15 is offline  
post #54 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 02:07 AM
It's a league game, Smokey
 
Ape City's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Planet of the Apes
Posts: 8,194
                     
Roids didn't help him keep his hands up. That's why he lost. Overeem was doing exactly what he should have been doing at first, so if that's how he acts without roids then I don't see the problem. Overeem needed to avoided a brawl, and keep picking him apart. Like you said he got foolish and dropped his hands. Had Overeem come in super aggressive he might have gotten koed in round one.


mad props: Toxic
Ape City is offline  
post #55 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 04:48 AM
The Mad Titan
 
Guy Incognito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Following The Path To Jesus Set By His Disciple Vitor Belfort
Posts: 5,111
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by IllegalLegKick View Post
Your missing the point Lesnar's success was never based on his skill but his freakish strength and agility for a man that size. Lesnar was a good wrestler definitely not technically as good as Cain but to think that the Lesnar that fought Cain was as strong as the Lesnar before surgery is just crazy.

Frank Mir bulked up to over 265 to try and match Brocks strength and Brock made him look like a Lightweight. To think a man much smaller man than Brock (Cain) could throw him off at every takedown attempt is pretty ridiculous before Brock lost a foot of his intestines.

You do realize Brock was a national champion wrestler fighting much larger men than Cain right??
He had a hard time getting Randy down and when he did, Randy got back up quickly and he's a small old man.

Frank Mir never bulked up to 265 in the rematch. he bulked up after it. Mir stuffed all of Lesnars takedowns but one and Brock let him up. the fight hit the mat after Mir rolled for a kneebar in the first rd and then threw a jumping knee while Brock had a single in the 2nd.

He never would have out-wrestled Cain at any stage.

Guy Incognito is offline  
post #56 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 11:35 AM
Bantamweight
 
GlasgowKiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Posts: 704
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by OU View Post
No, it really, really wasn't. I hate that myth. Even when it got busted it still lives on. Makes me sick.
I'm sorry but this isn't a myth. I've never been a fan of Brock's nor do I think he was ever the best heavyweight in the biz particularly, but the Brock that came into UFC was an absolute monster who was in peak physical condition - he was strong and bloody quick as well.

One almost fatal illness and having half your colon removed clearly will impact upon what physical condition you are in. Lesnar will never be a great striker, nor good at taking a shot, but when he was in the peak of his health, he looked a lot harder to stop when taking someone down.

The Lesnar that faced Overeem was a blobby, podgy mess who was far from in the peak physical condition that he entered the UFC in. I would've liked to see if Overeem could've stopped the takedown shot and GnP of a Lesnar who had all his strength and quickness. I never said anywhere that Lesnar would've won nor am I a Lesnar fan, so its interesting to see people just jumping to conclusions and making shit up just to suit their own rants.

Hows your temp ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OU View Post
No, it really, really wasn't. I hate that myth. Even when it got busted it still lives on. Makes me sick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ape City View Post
ya me too. Brock was exactly the same as before. he got outclassed due to skill in his last two fights. its just as annoying as people claiming overeem lost because he isnt on roids anymore. i guess it was the roided overeem that kicked bigfoots ass for two rounds

Sent from my SGH-I727R using VerticalSports.Com App
You as well. ^^^^^

Total Tottenham
http://www.totaltottenham.com/forum/index.php

Supporting - Machida, Edgar, Mitrione, Pickett, Cruickshank, Wiman, Lauzon, Falcao, Belcher, Korean Zombie, Palhares, Hendricks

Retirees - Lytle, BJ Penn, Hackney,
GlasgowKiss is offline  
post #57 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 11:43 AM
OU
Ultra-weight
 
OU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,080
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlasgowKiss View Post
I'm sorry but this isn't a myth. I've never been a fan of Brock's nor do I think he was ever the best heavyweight in the biz particularly, but the Brock that came into UFC was an absolute monster who was in peak physical condition - he was strong and bloody quick as well.

One almost fatal illness and having half your colon removed clearly will impact upon what physical condition you are in. Lesnar will never be a great striker, nor good at taking a shot, but when he was in the peak of his health, he looked a lot harder to stop when taking someone down.

The Lesnar that faced Overeem was a blobby, podgy mess who was far from in the peak physical condition that he entered the UFC in. I would've liked to see if Overeem could've stopped the takedown shot and GnP of a Lesnar who had all his strength and quickness. I never said anywhere that Lesnar would've won nor am I a Lesnar fan, so its interesting to see people just jumping to conclusions and making shit up just to suit their own rants.

Hows your temp ?





You as well. ^^^^^
LOL at calling the Brock that fought Reem a "blobby, podgy mess". If anything resulted in his loss of muscle it was being further removed from his steroid use during this WWE days. But he was still a very large, strong and lean man. He wasn't like flabby Cain, who whooped his ass. Brock still had his physical strength, you are the one that assuming he didn't. There really wasn't much difference between Brock that fought Mir and Brock that fought Cain. He was still a very large, very strong man that was very raw in terms of MMA skills.
OU is offline  
post #58 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-16-2013, 09:00 AM
Bantamweight
 
GlasgowKiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Posts: 704
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by OU View Post
LOL at calling the Brock that fought Reem a "blobby, podgy mess". If anything resulted in his loss of muscle it was being further removed from his steroid use during this WWE days. But he was still a very large, strong and lean man. He wasn't like flabby Cain, who whooped his ass. Brock still had his physical strength, you are the one that assuming he didn't. There really wasn't much difference between Brock that fought Mir and Brock that fought Cain. He was still a very large, very strong man that was very raw in terms of MMA skills.
Thats interesting, now kindly point me in the direction where I mentioned anything about Brock's condition when he was fighting Cain ?

I'm not assuming that he didn't 'have his physical strength', I'm hypothesising that it may have been depleted somewhat by TWO major illnesses.

Total Tottenham
http://www.totaltottenham.com/forum/index.php

Supporting - Machida, Edgar, Mitrione, Pickett, Cruickshank, Wiman, Lauzon, Falcao, Belcher, Korean Zombie, Palhares, Hendricks

Retirees - Lytle, BJ Penn, Hackney,
GlasgowKiss is offline  
post #59 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-16-2013, 09:41 AM
LL
Cruz Control
 
LL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ocean Front Property in Arizona.
Posts: 9,159
                     
Is this a real question?

Y'all already know pre-illness Brock wins.


Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

2013 VIP FFL Champion
THE DRAGON RIDES AGAIN - 12/20/14
Machida - Alves - Cruz - JDS - Weidman - Condit - Pettis - Edgar - Cowboy - Dodson - Okami
LL is offline  
post #60 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-16-2013, 01:39 PM
It's a league game, Smokey
 
Ape City's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Planet of the Apes
Posts: 8,194
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlasgowKiss View Post
I'm not assuming that he didn't 'have his physical strength', I'm hypothesising that it may have been depleted somewhat by TWO major illnesses.
We are hypothesizing that Brock was simply outclassed in terms of skill and that strength had nothing to do with it. Goes both ways and no way to prove it one way or another.


mad props: Toxic
Ape City is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome