So what should be done with HW? - Page 5 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 08:21 PM
Ultra-weight
 
Sportsman 2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6,985
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by John8204 View Post
Werdum has 50% split far superior to Nogs 20%. I wasn't aware I was here to make your case for you? Hey here's a question for you how did Big Nog do against Frank Mir again? It's absurd to use Pride stats to support Nog has a superior BJJ guy. Not only were the rules different but you don't know how many of those fights were fixed or not. Werdum is the highest decorated active MMA HW around today, Nog had his arm handed to him by Mir.

ETA


Oh you want to bring up Demian Maia, hey how did Maia do against those nationally ranked Div 1 wrestlers in the MW division because I believe he went 1-2. Also really Rick Story is your idea of a top wrestler guy that got outwrestled by Hathaway and Brenneman is your huge ace?
My friend, in the first place, I have made a polite question to Ous to hear his opinion and maybe make my mind as I never defended to death Nog was better than Werdum. I merely believed he still edged for his accomplishments in MMA, but that is sure debateble. Can't argue if you question Pride rules or legitimacy. Your buddy was rude and you came nutthugging him for some particular reason between you two and you are still pushing this conversation in a wrong manner.

Now to your questions.
Mir probably would get KTFO against Nog. That would be my bet. About the arm breaking: Sure Mir can sub Nog or anybody as this is routine in the gym between Black belts, but you really think Nog was in a BJJ struggle against Mir when he got his arm broken? Wasn't clear for you Nog thought Mir was dead already and never tought about no risk coming from a dead man, not mentioning defending that arm? For me it was a stupid mistake, nothing else.

About Maia. We are still speaking about grappling, right? Can you point to me which Div 1 wrestler outwrestled Demian Maia in UFC in any weight class??? Can't remember...
Anyway, you never mentioned top wrestlers. You mentioned the cage favors wrestlers.

Finding Your Way Through the Cloudy Mountains
RNP-AR Precision GPS-FMS Approach to Queenstown - NZ


You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
Sportsman 2.0 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 08:40 PM
Colossal-weight
 
John8204's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 8,278
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMA-Sportsman View Post
About Maia. We are still speaking about grappling, right? Can you point to me which Div 1 wrestler outwrestled Demian Maia in UFC in any weight class??? Can't remember...
Anyway, you never mentioned top wrestlers. You mentioned the cage favors wrestlers.
Munoz owned Maia on the matt

Then again I guess you also forgot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMA-Sportsman View Post
Mir probably would get KTFO against Nog. That would be my bet.
That Mir has owned Nog now twice, and that Nog was unable to do what Marco f'n Cruz could do him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMA-Sportsman View Post
My friend, in the first place, I have made a polite question to Ous to hear his opinion and maybe make my mind as I never defended to death Nog was better than Werdum. I merely believed he still edged for his accomplishments in MMA, but that is sure debateble.
It really isn't "debatable" between Werdum and Nog. Your numbers and "stats" are dubious and frankly irrelevant. Werdum is competing against the top level in MMA now while Nog is fighting his last few prestige. Putting Nog in the title discussion is one of the craziest suggestions I've read this year. It seems like trolling.
John8204 is offline  
post #43 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 10:35 PM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 422
                     
sheesh can you both exchange numbers and talk about werdum and Nog stats privately....

back on topic, the winner of the 2 should fight Cain for the title, but man id love to see Cain stay active. Bigfoots win over overoid i think should be enough to grant him a rematch. any money while cain waits for the winner of Nog / werdum he gets injured....
Black_S15 is offline  
post #44 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 02:15 AM
Ultra-weight
 
Sportsman 2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6,985
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by John8204 View Post
Munoz owned Maia on the matt

Then again I guess you also forgot
Either I forgot or we have different views about being "owned". Anyway, Maia was not focusing in his BJJ at that time.


Quote:
Originally Posted by John8204 View Post
That Mir has owned Nog now twice, and that Nog was unable to do what Marco f'n Cruz could do him.
We know Nog is 0-2 same way we know why is not 1-1. You asked my opinion. I gave you.


Quote:
Originally Posted by John8204 View Post
It really isn't "debatable" between Werdum and Nog. Your numbers and "stats" are dubious and frankly irrelevant. Werdum is competing against the top level in MMA now while Nog is fighting his last few prestige. Putting Nog in the title discussion is one of the craziest suggestions I've read this year. It seems like trolling.
Nog IS in the title discussion. This is what this thread is about and it was one of the many options mentioned.

You got your chance. More than one, but calling me "crazy" and a "troll" for no good reason granted you an economic ticket to the ignore list. Bye, bye...

Finding Your Way Through the Cloudy Mountains
RNP-AR Precision GPS-FMS Approach to Queenstown - NZ


You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
Sportsman 2.0 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome