UFC reveals Vitor Belfort used testosterone replacement therapy for UFC on FX 7 - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 02-06-2013, 09:08 PM   #21 (permalink)
I Finish Threads
 
HexRei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,417
HexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxpillowxxjp View Post
Like I said, if it's being abused, COMPLETELY against it and the fighter should be suspended/banned.
I think that if you wreck your body cycling and then need to be prescribed TRT as a result, that IS abuse.

And furthermore what reason does any given fighter have to not find a dirty doc and get a scrip for it? Because of the way test thresholds are limited, few fighters are naturally likely to be anywhere near the apex of the defined testable limits, so it can only help them even if they are careful to stay within those thresholds. Basically TRT doesn't let them be normal young men in terms of testosterone, it lets them get as jacked as the uppermost natural threshold of humanity.
__________________
His helmet was stifling, it narrowed his vision. And he must see far. His shield was heavy. It threw him off balance. And his target is far away.
HexRei is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 02-06-2013, 11:06 PM   #22 (permalink)
CAN I GET AN AMEN?
 
xxpillowxxjp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Memphis, Tennessee
Posts: 1,564
xxpillowxxjp Is Respected By All He Crossesxxpillowxxjp Is Respected By All He Crossesxxpillowxxjp Is Respected By All He Crossesxxpillowxxjp Is Respected By All He Crossesxxpillowxxjp Is Respected By All He Crossesxxpillowxxjp Is Respected By All He Crossesxxpillowxxjp Is Respected By All He Crossesxxpillowxxjp Is Respected By All He Crossesxxpillowxxjp Is Respected By All He Crossesxxpillowxxjp Is Respected By All He Crossesxxpillowxxjp Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by HexRei View Post
I think that if you wreck your body cycling and then need to be prescribed TRT as a result, that IS abuse.

And furthermore what reason does any given fighter have to not find a dirty doc and get a scrip for it? Because of the way test thresholds are limited, few fighters are naturally likely to be anywhere near the apex of the defined testable limits, so it can only help them even if they are careful to stay within those thresholds. Basically TRT doesn't let them be normal young men in terms of testosterone, it lets them get as jacked as the uppermost natural threshold of humanity.
I completely agree. But Vitor is 35, you reach your peak testosterone level at 27 and you start declining around 32. As an offender earlier in his career, im sure his levels have been low for a while now and even lower from aging.

If vitor was 25-32 years old id be on your side of them fence - but the fact is he is old. If vitor ever pops over the ratio or postive for a PED, i will be very dismayed.

As far as dirty doc's go.. Yeh there is no doubt in my mind they exist but - as far as i know - it's not only a prescription fighters need. They also have to be approved by the athletic commissions which for all i know could just be "here's the prescription" but i am hoping it is a little more strict and requires a doctor with some creditably.

And like I was saying, i wouldn't be surprised if the average ratio for fighters in the UFC was around 3, especially for the exceptional athletes and even more so for people like jon jones, silva, gsp, ect. that are premier athletes. So even if you are talking about a guy that is on it having some huge advantage of those who aren't, it probably is not so unless the fighter is abusing it during their off time and going over the 6:1 ratio. To me, it makes sense that the fighters on it would be at the very least be careful enough to stay around 4-5 in case of a random test and them popping anything over a 6. Therefore i think it is safe to say that for those that do not abuse it, are not nearly having such an advantage as it is made out to be.


I do believe there are fighters that abuse it, for sure. But if it is legal, then it is legal, and fighters should not be judged because they are allowed to do something that will boost their performance and until they do violate the rules. They shouldn't be treated indifferently from any other fighter.

To me it's like jones's knee kick, it might be "cheap" or "unfair" but he is allowed to do it and shouldn't be called a cheater because of it.
__________________
Bendo | Aldo | Cerrone | Vitor | Fedor | Cormier

Need to book a pro or amateur mma fight in the midsouth area? PM ME!!

Sig by Limba
xxpillowxxjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:26 PM   #23 (permalink)
box
Come and Take em
 
box's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wa
Posts: 2,483
box Is Respected By All He Crossesbox Is Respected By All He Crossesbox Is Respected By All He Crossesbox Is Respected By All He Crossesbox Is Respected By All He Crossesbox Is Respected By All He Crossesbox Is Respected By All He Crossesbox Is Respected By All He Crossesbox Is Respected By All He Crossesbox Is Respected By All He Crossesbox Is Respected By All He Crosses
Just look at Vitor, scrawny, withering with old age, it's no wonder he's juicing. This shit's a joke, I want to see the likes of Nate Diaz all pumped up on testosterone through training camp.
__________________
_________________________________________________

_________________________________________________
box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:26 PM   #24 (permalink)
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 14,216
Blog Entries: 1
UFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budhisten View Post
It also extends their careers at the cost of some young, up and coming kid who can't get his spot in the UFC because the old timers won't leave. If your body can't deal with MMA any longer, you're not supposed to do it.
I disagree, your not supposed to do it only if you start sucking or you have no chin anymore ala liddell, wandy etc. I for one want to see Dan Henderson continue to compete for as long as he can and if TRT makes that possible then so be it. Also If I kid can't get a spot in the UFC anymore it's because the UFC has been adding too many stupid weight classes filling up all the spots and former bellator fighters are getting sued instead of getting to fight in the UFC. Also i'm sure if you can't beat a veteran just because he is extending his career then you shouldn't be in the UFC/ a top fighter for that excuse.
__________________

Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:51 PM   #25 (permalink)
Kneel Before Christ!
 
Roflcopter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 7,993
Roflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By All
Well I guess UFC and Vitor will commission dodge Vegas for the rest of his career seeing as he won't get a TUE there.


Also this sport has become an utter joke with this TRT bullshit and at this point every fighter should hook up with Herrera and Conte and just be super mutant fighting championships.

If people are going to cheat in broad daylight then **** it. Might as well re-level the playing field.
__________________
Roflcopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:15 AM   #26 (permalink)
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
 
osmium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 6,517
osmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
You are born. You train. You compete. At some point your body cant compete any more, for whatever reason. Time to stop.

In my puny mind... it really is that simple.
This.

It isn't as simple as they have the same level of testosterone so it is fair. They have years of experience and training over the younger guys. Fresher more athletic and quicker recovering bodies are the advantages of youth and experience and knowledge are the advantages of being older. This alters that in a completely unfair way and for the most part is being exploited by people who spent their youth abusing steroids to gain similarly unfair advantages over their competitors.
osmium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:18 AM   #27 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
MMATycoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 534
MMATycoon is on another level nowMMATycoon is on another level nowMMATycoon is on another level nowMMATycoon is on another level nowMMATycoon is on another level nowMMATycoon is on another level nowMMATycoon is on another level nowMMATycoon is on another level nowMMATycoon is on another level nowMMATycoon is on another level nowMMATycoon is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by box View Post
Just look at Vitor, scrawny, withering with old age, it's no wonder he's juicing. This shit's a joke, I want to see the likes of Nate Diaz all pumped up on testosterone through training camp.
That would be awesome. He'd have to move up to middle weight though :P
MMATycoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:20 AM   #28 (permalink)
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 14,216
Blog Entries: 1
UFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF Material
jeez when did fighting become a sissy moral convention, I swear everything to do with MMA and boxing is watered down to I don't like this guy because he offends me or he took something I don't like, MMA is becoming an anagram for TMZ
__________________

Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:28 AM   #29 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
MMATycoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 534
MMATycoon is on another level nowMMATycoon is on another level nowMMATycoon is on another level nowMMATycoon is on another level nowMMATycoon is on another level nowMMATycoon is on another level nowMMATycoon is on another level nowMMATycoon is on another level nowMMATycoon is on another level nowMMATycoon is on another level nowMMATycoon is on another level now
if TRT becomes more common place fighters will last into their late 40s regularly.
MMATycoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:23 AM   #30 (permalink)
KO artist
 
Liddellianenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Iowa
Posts: 4,291
Liddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtwizzy2k5 View Post
They really just need to make PEDs legal for use in MMA so we can stop having to read about these stories and controversies every week.
IMO that's like making molestation and murder legal so you don't have to read about them in the papers everyday.

How about actually enforcing the laws instead, like with randomized testing?

Nah never mind, the solution is just to make all crimes legal, zero crime paradise!
Liddellianenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios