Johny Hendricks to GSP: 'You're an idiot' - Page 6 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 58 (permalink) Old 02-10-2013, 01:18 AM
Baddest Man Alive
 
3DLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 671
                     
Even though Im uber stoked to see what Diaz can do to GSP, I think that Hendricks has already done enough to get a title shot. With his last 3 wins alone he's the solid number 2 in that division. He's kind of moving backwards now and fighting lesser competition which is dangerous because a loss to a lesser ranked opponent will knock him from contention. I say if he wins this one he'd be smart to sit out and wait for a well deserved title shot.


side note: I'd like to see the WW division play out as the following. these are hopes, not predictions.
- GSP loses to Nick Diaz via 5th round flying gogoplata
- Diaz beats Johnny Hendricks via 5 rd UD landing 100 strikes/rd
- Diaz loses the belt to Maia via 4th rd submission that has never been seen before and defends the title for the foreseeable future.
3DLee is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #52 of 58 (permalink) Old 02-10-2013, 03:16 AM
Heavyweight
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,642
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Psycho View Post


Like I said, right over your head. But feel free to embarrass yourself further. It's amusing.
oh yeah, explain it then because it was retarded. Let's hear your explanation big boy, you talk big, call me a liar and you are completely full of crap. Over my head? How about you don't call me a liar when you have no explanation for your stupidity. Embarrass myself, that's laughable, let's hear your pathetic explanation, I'm waiting, I really want to know how you think the analogy works because it doesn't. I get exactly what was said, the problem was equating a champion asking for a match against the second in line is not the same as asking for a fight against a nobody. Calling me a liar for editing a post, that's the best part, you are a freakin lunatic. You can't just simplify a scenario down to one factor then when someone brings up something else fly off the god damn handle.
rabakill is offline  
post #53 of 58 (permalink) Old 02-10-2013, 04:09 AM
 
K R Y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Wales, Boyo!
Posts: 10,732
                     
Drop the insults and aggressive posting manner.

CP's analogy worked perfectly using a low ranked fighter like Riddle as the example. He used (correct me if I'm wrong) a fighter like Riddle to exaggerate the fact that it's obvious GSP asking to fight Diaz wasn't the SOLE reason the fight is happening. If it was, then, by that logic, GSP COULD ask to fight Riddle and the UFC would bow to his demands. That is obviously not the case, and the point CP was making.






“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
K R Y is offline  
post #54 of 58 (permalink) Old 02-10-2013, 06:07 AM
Super Heavyweight
 
PheelGoodInc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Eastvale, Ca
Posts: 4,289
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by K R Y View Post
Drop the insults and aggressive posting manner.

CP's analogy worked perfectly using a low ranked fighter like Riddle as the example. He used (correct me if I'm wrong) a fighter like Riddle to exaggerate the fact that it's obvious GSP asking to fight Diaz wasn't the SOLE reason the fight is happening. If it was, then, by that logic, GSP COULD ask to fight Riddle and the UFC would bow to his demands. That is obviously not the case, and the point CP was making.
That's what I got out of it as well. I don't even think Kampman or Ellenberger would have worked in the scenario he gave, because they are somewhat contenders.

GSP asking for a fight isn't the only reason he's getting to fight Diaz. The UFC bosses have to want it as well. It could be part of the reason, but not the sole reason.

RIP Jordan Corder. Watch over me from above brother.

http://youtu.be/d5cUuRoQmMQ
PheelGoodInc is offline  
post #55 of 58 (permalink) Old 02-10-2013, 06:22 AM
HiiiPoWeR
 
Rauno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Estonia
Posts: 17,676
                     
He's only harming himself and his fanbase with such things. The fight is booked, best go.with it.

Sent from my GT-S5660 using VerticalSports.Com App

Rauno is offline  
post #56 of 58 (permalink) Old 02-10-2013, 08:58 AM
You're Welcome.
 
Canadian Psycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Eh?
Posts: 7,723
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabakill View Post
oh yeah, explain it then because it was retarded. Let's hear your explanation big boy, you talk big, call me a liar and you are completely full of crap. Over my head? How about you don't call me a liar when you have no explanation for your stupidity. Embarrass myself, that's laughable, let's hear your pathetic explanation, I'm waiting, I really want to know how you think the analogy works because it doesn't. I get exactly what was said, the problem was equating a champion asking for a match against the second in line is not the same as asking for a fight against a nobody. Calling me a liar for editing a post, that's the best part, you are a freakin lunatic. You can't just simplify a scenario down to one factor then when someone brings up something else fly off the god damn handle.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Psycho
Your sole point was that 'GSP requested it' and so Dana made it happen. I made the fair and - gasp - logical point that this couldn't be the lone reason, because if GSP had requested a fight with Matt Riddle, I doubt it would have been booked period, let alone on the grounds that GSP is UFC's 'front man'. My entire post dealt with there being other factors at work. No surprise that this flew right over your head.


Quote:
Originally Posted by K R Y View Post
CP's analogy worked perfectly using a low ranked fighter like Riddle as the example. He used (correct me if I'm wrong) a fighter like Riddle to exaggerate the fact that it's obvious GSP asking to fight Diaz wasn't the SOLE reason the fight is happening. If it was, then, by that logic, GSP COULD ask to fight Riddle and the UFC would bow to his demands. That is obviously not the case, and the point CP was making.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PheelGoodInc View Post
That's what I got out of it as well. I don't even think Kampman or Ellenberger would have worked in the scenario he gave, because they are somewhat contenders.

GSP asking for a fight isn't the only reason he's getting to fight Diaz. The UFC bosses have to want it as well. It could be part of the reason, but not the sole reason.


I'm the lunatic, yet rabakill is the one going on psychotic rants because he can't grasp what was a very simple point. Keep at it slugger... some 'brain teasers' are more difficult than others.
Canadian Psycho is offline  
post #57 of 58 (permalink) Old 02-10-2013, 01:54 PM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 271
                     
I didn't read the whole thread, i'm only going by the first few responses here. The way I see it is this way, GSP is the most complete fighter in the division. Its going to be hard to beat GSP. The only way to beat GSP is to knock him out and Hendricks is probably the one guy can do just that hence GSP opting for Nick Diaz.
neoseeker is offline  
post #58 of 58 (permalink) Old 02-10-2013, 02:54 PM
LL
Cruz Control
 
LL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ocean Front Property in Arizona.
Posts: 9,159
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoseeker View Post
I didn't read the whole thread, i'm only going by the first few responses here. The way I see it is this way, GSP is the most complete fighter in the division. Its going to be hard to beat GSP. The only way to beat GSP is to knock him out and Hendricks is probably the one guy can do just that hence GSP opting for Nick Diaz.
He opted to fight Diaz because people are under the impression that fight will make more money, personally I don't think it will, I think they'd both do the same as all of GSP's PPV's which is somewhere in the 700k range. I think it lost a lot of luster after Condit beat Diaz because it showed a giant hole in Nick's game and he won't be able to take GSP down like he did Carlos.

You could make the same argument for Hendricks and his loss to Story but Hendricks does have better wrestling and KO power than Diaz, he's the more interesting fight imo even though GSP wins both easily.

2013 VIP FFL Champion
THE DRAGON RIDES AGAIN - 12/20/14
Machida - Alves - Cruz - JDS - Weidman - Condit - Pettis - Edgar - Cowboy - Dodson - Okami
LL is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome