Former Middleweight champion with two successful defenses
- Holds notable wins over Chuck Liddell, Wanderlei Silva, Yushin Okami, Matt Hamill, Nate Quarry, Travis Lutter, Jorge Rivera, and Ken Shamrock. That's a pretty decent list, in my opinion
- Only losses are against former Zuffa champions, including a questionable decision loss to Dan Henderson and a competitive fight with a much larger Forrest Griffin.
- Veteran of 20 UFC fights, pro MMA competitor for 14 years.
- Never been submitted
-Chuck had lost 3 out of the last 4 times when he fought Rich. All by KO. He was getting beat up by Chuck in that fight
-Wanderlei was also past his prime, had lost 4 out of his last 5 when he fought Rich.
- Yushin Okami. Fair enough. Okami was a top 5 guy at the time they fought.
-Matt Hammil. Was he ever top 10 in the division? They had trained together before and Matt seemed like he was star struck and attempted 1 take down.
- Nate Quarry. I thought you were supposed to be proving Franklin had a good resume.
-Travis Lutter. A guy with a 2-4 UFC record who has absolutely no cardio whatsoever. Caught Rich in an armbar at the end of the 1st round
-Jorge Rivera - Never top 10
-Ken Shamrock - Way, way, way past his prime. Slipped on a logo and just lay there and let Rich punch him in the face
So just to clarify his best wins are
-Past their prime Chuck, Wand and Shamrock
-A win over the 3rd best MW in the world
-Borderline top 10 guy at a division Rich started his career at
- 3 guys that never amounted to anything in the Middleweight division
Machida. Knocked out
Silva x 2. Beaten to a pulp both times
Belfort. Starched in a round
Cung. Knocked out senseless.
I think my original comment was right on the money.