Cruz vs Barao - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 02-16-2013, 09:39 PM   #11 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 721
the ultimate is just really nicethe ultimate is just really nicethe ultimate is just really nicethe ultimate is just really nicethe ultimate is just really nicethe ultimate is just really nicethe ultimate is just really nicethe ultimate is just really nicethe ultimate is just really nicethe ultimate is just really nicethe ultimate is just really nice
Barao would need to use his kicks when Cruz is getting out of range and to avoid the takedown but if he can do that, I'd back him against a fighter who relies on mobility and sharpness who hasn't fought in two years.
__________________
the ultimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 02-16-2013, 09:41 PM   #12 (permalink)
BEWARE OF THE PENGUIN!
 
No_Mercy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,483
No_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF Material
Way back I said Barao is the guy to watch out for. He fights very similar to Jose Aldo. He did dismantle Faber and beat Scott Jorgensen which are the only testing points I can see between Barao and DC.

DC hasn't fought since October 1, 2011. Renan Barao has fought four times since then. It's very unfortunate that this fight takes place after a long hiatus because if DC loses everybody will be questioning that long layoff. Aside from Octagon rust I think Renan has the fire power, arsenal to hurt DC. He needs to get his conditioning up to par and get those leg kicks going then we'll see a good fight. Barao needs to immobilize DC from the opening bell.

Barao:

- incredible win streak
- fought four times since the last time DC fought
- KO power
- air tight defense
- wide arsenal of attacks
- leg kicks is the key

DC:
- good movement
- good fight IQ
- Octagon awareness
- tricky fighter who can mix it up
- wrestling
- good cardio (no matter how you look at it...he's gonna feel it especially in the later rounds.)

Barao by split.
__________________
Marcus Aurelius: Tell me again, Maximus, why are we here?
Maximus: For the glory of the Empire, sire.

Baked, not fried... the healthy choice.

No_Mercy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:49 PM   #13 (permalink)
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 14,451
Blog Entries: 1
UFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF Material
barao is not that good as much as bantamweight is that bad, he should reconsider going to 145 if aldo moves up because he wouldn't do well.
__________________

Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:24 PM   #14 (permalink)
Ultra-weight
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,377
jonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings System
I have Barao and figured most would.

I have him by KO or TKO actually. He will be able to time Cruz's weird movements. T-Rex armed Faber did a few times and he isn't nearly the striker Barao is. And doesn't have as much power. That isn't even factoring in the layoff, which can only hurt Cruz. How can you expect a guy coming off 2 big injuries and nearly 2 years out to be the same? You can't.
jonnyg4508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:29 PM   #15 (permalink)
The Chosen One
 
Cookie Monster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Canada's East Coast
Posts: 1,487
Blog Entries: 5
Cookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 View Post
I have Barao and figured most would.

I have him by KO or TKO actually. He will be able to time Cruz's weird movements. T-Rex armed Faber did a few times and he isn't nearly the striker Barao is. And doesn't have as much power. That isn't even factoring in the layoff, which can only hurt Cruz. How can you expect a guy coming off 2 big injuries and nearly 2 years out to be the same? You can't.
I know the situations are slightly different, and the layoff time is longer, but to be fair that is also what most people said about GSP.

Sent from my HTC Ruby using VerticalSports.Com App
__________________
The poster formerly known as Cowgirl


Thanks to Killz for the great sig!

Cookie Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:36 PM   #16 (permalink)
Ultra-weight
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,377
jonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowgirl View Post
I know the situations are slightly different, and the layoff time is longer, but to be fair that is also what most people said about GSP.

Sent from my HTC Ruby using VerticalSports.Com App
GSP is a machine. And most people didn't include me. GSP trains like a madman and has the best everything. GSP is calculated with what he does and I knew he would be fine. GSP is the last guy you have to worry about rehabbing correctly.

Cruz got hurt in the gym after already coming off an injury. 2 injuries...a lot more time off, is much different. Cruz is no GSP either. When I saw GSP nailing the mits with Tiger MT we obviously knew he was ready. He was throwing hard kicks over and over and over.
jonnyg4508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:40 PM   #17 (permalink)
The Chosen One
 
Cookie Monster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Canada's East Coast
Posts: 1,487
Blog Entries: 5
Cookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 View Post
GSP is a machine. And most people didn't include me. GSP trains like a madman and has the best everything. GSP is calculated with what he does and I knew he would be fine. GSP is the last guy you have to worry about rehabbing correctly.

Cruz got hurt in the gym after already coming off an injury. 2 injuries...a lot more time off, is much different. Cruz is no GSP either. When I saw GSP nailing the mits with Tiger MT we obviously knew he was ready. He was throwing hard kicks over and over and over.
I was under the impression it was his body rejecting the first surgery which caused his delay. Perhaps I'm mistaken though, but if so, that speaks nothing to his rehabbing 'skill'

Sent from my HTC Ruby using VerticalSports.Com App
__________________
The poster formerly known as Cowgirl


Thanks to Killz for the great sig!

Cookie Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:45 PM   #18 (permalink)
Godless Heathen
 
Rygu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Langley, B.C.
Posts: 3,209
Rygu Is World RenownRygu Is World RenownRygu Is World RenownRygu Is World RenownRygu Is World RenownRygu Is World RenownRygu Is World RenownRygu Is World RenownRygu Is World RenownRygu Is World RenownRygu Is World Renown
Barao all day long. He was hesitant against McDonald due to MM's KO power. Cruz has pillowhands so Barao can do whatever he pleases striking wise with zero worries about being knocked out.
__________________
Rygu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:07 AM   #19 (permalink)
Ultra-weight
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,377
jonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowgirl View Post
I was under the impression it was his body rejecting the first surgery which caused his delay. Perhaps I'm mistaken though, but if so, that speaks nothing to his rehabbing 'skill'

Sent from my HTC Ruby using VerticalSports.Com App
I think I made one post towards you, and now you follow me all around to argue with me.

All I know is I trust GSP more than anyone. He is the most calculated fighter. He spends a lot of money on world class care. He is probably the best conditioned athlete in the sport. Plus Cruz will be out far longer than GSP was.

If thinking Cruz, who uses speed and quick movement in all of his fights will not be the same, shoot me. I doubt he will be. I think Barao wins regardless of Cruz's status.

I was never a person who said GSP may be off because of the layoff. So none of that even pertains to me. People say a lot of things.

Getting injured twice in a row is worse than once with a full long recover. At least in my estimation.

Little Faber caught Cruz a couple of times when Cruz was on a straight roll at his weight. I think Barao can time him as well, he is much better than Faber.
jonnyg4508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:12 AM   #20 (permalink)
The Chosen One
 
Cookie Monster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Canada's East Coast
Posts: 1,487
Blog Entries: 5
Cookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 View Post
I think I made one post towards you, and now you follow me all around to argue with me.

All I know is I trust GSP more than anyone. He is the most calculated fighter. He spends a lot of money on world class care. He is probably the best conditioned athlete in the sport. Plus Cruz will be out far longer than GSP was.

If thinking Cruz, who uses speed and quick movement in all of his fights will not be the same, shoot me. I doubt he will be. I think Barao wins regardless of Cruz's status.

I was never a person who said GSP may be off because of the layoff. So none of that even pertains to me. People say a lot of things.

Getting injured twice in a row is worse than once with a full long recover. At least in my estimation.

Little Faber caught Cruz a couple of times when Cruz was on a straight roll at his weight. I think Barao can time him as well, he is much better than Faber.
Follow you around specifically to argue with you? My time is better spent doing something more productive. I tip my hat to you, I also thought that GSP wouldn't have any trouble, but that had nothing to do with my last post. The sole purpose of that post was to clarify, for my own benefit what had delayed Cruz, because I read one thing and you were saying another. I regret that you feel I'm following you around and arguing, that was never my intention. Back on point however, I don't think we can count Cruz out just yet.

Sent from my HTC Ruby using VerticalSports.Com App
__________________
The poster formerly known as Cowgirl


Thanks to Killz for the great sig!

Cookie Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios