Miesha Tate and Cat Zingano pulled from UFC Sweden card over political concerns - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 08:59 PM
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 15,166
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
I'm sure they all agree with you.


Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 10:48 PM
Ultra-weight
 
Joabbuac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,436
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizaG View Post
...how would it be viewed if the next big MMA Bloodiest fight was Rousey/Carmouche? Or a WMMA fight in the UFC?

Violence is always viewed as worse when it happens to a Women, Its the society we live in. Or maybe just the media...who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFC_OWNS View Post

I would
Joabbuac is online now  
post #23 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 11:21 PM
Asian MMA is dead
 
Stun Gun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,817
                     
Didn't they say they were left wing? LOL why would they be against it



Sig Credit - El Bresko
Stun Gun is offline  
post #24 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-19-2013, 04:00 AM
It's Hammer Time!
 
Hammerlock2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 9,589
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by beardsleybob View Post
Please don't associate Cook with Man United. He's an ex Man City employee
My bad. My international football knowledge has been going downhill since 2008.




Rookie Hammer Squad 2015
Frankie Edgar - Dominick Cruz - Jorge Masvidal - Cat Zingano - Holly Holm
Hammerlock2.0 is offline  
post #25 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-19-2013, 01:29 PM
Welterweight
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,225
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stun Gun View Post
Didn't they say they were left wing? LOL why would they be against it
Not wanting to see women get beaten, bloodied, and bruised isn't a left-wing thing or a right-wing thing. It's a human thing.
Dtwizzy2k5 is offline  
post #26 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-19-2013, 01:32 PM
LL
Cruz Control
 
LL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ocean Front Property in Arizona.
Posts: 9,159
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joabbuac View Post
Violence is always viewed as worse when it happens to a Women, Its the society we live in. Or maybe just the media...who knows.




I would
You just went down a bad road my friend....


Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

2013 VIP FFL Champion
THE DRAGON RIDES AGAIN - 12/20/14
Machida - Alves - Cruz - JDS - Weidman - Condit - Pettis - Edgar - Cowboy - Dodson - Okami
LL is offline  
post #27 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-19-2013, 01:37 PM
Welterweight
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,225
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
I'm sure they all agree with you.
Some agree with me, some don't.
But ask yourself this: why do women wear makeup, high heels, bracelets, earrings, necklaces, hairspray, etc and spend so much more of their time on beauty than men? Is the word 'beautiful' more commonly used to describe a man or a woman?

I know you think you're standing up for women or something by forcing everybody to enjoy women's MMA, but I personally know plenty of women who are repulsed by women's MMA but have no problem with men's. I know plenty of women who embrace their gender role with regards to beauty.
To me, people who militantly demand that men and women be seen as LITERAL equals in every way and look with contempt on women who actually enjoy doing feminine things are just as reprehensible as extremists on the other end of the spectrum who think women are inferiors and shouldn't be doing anything other than cooking or cleaning.
Dtwizzy2k5 is offline  
post #28 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-19-2013, 02:01 PM
The Chosen One
 
Cookie Monster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Canada's East Coast
Posts: 1,487
Blog Entries: 5
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtwizzy2k5 View Post
Some agree with me, some don't.
But ask yourself this: why do women wear makeup, high heels, bracelets, earrings, necklaces, hairspray, etc and spend so much more of their time on beauty than men? Is the word 'beautiful' more commonly used to describe a man or a woman?

I know you think you're standing up for women or something by forcing everybody to enjoy women's MMA, but I personally know plenty of women who are repulsed by women's MMA but have no problem with men's. I know plenty of women who embrace their gender role with regards to beauty.
To me, people who militantly demand that men and women be seen as LITERAL equals in every way and look with contempt on women who actually enjoy doing feminine things are just as reprehensible as extremists on the other end of the spectrum who think women are inferiors and shouldn't be doing anything other than cooking or cleaning.
There's an increasing majority of women who are women but don't necessarily enjoy doing those feminine things, just because it's expected of that gender doesn't make it the norm.

Sent from my HTC Ruby using VerticalSports.Com App

The poster formerly known as Cowgirl


Thanks to Killz for the great sig!

Cookie Monster is offline  
post #29 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-19-2013, 05:43 PM
Don't Sweat the Technique
 
St.Paul Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Duluth, MN
Posts: 1,660
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowgirl View Post
There's an increasing majority of women who are women but don't necessarily enjoy doing those feminine things, just because it's expected of that gender doesn't make it the norm.

Sent from my HTC Ruby using VerticalSports.Com App
An increasing majority of women don't want to look/act feminine? News to me.

Women should be able to fight if they want to. I shouldn't have to pretend like they are any good at it (compared to men, by and large) or that they're entitled to do it on the world's biggest stage just because men do.

The most equal thing to do would be to say that every weight division is unisex. Why don't we do that?




Sig credit: MC

~ Lifetime Membership sponsored by RustyRenegade ~
St.Paul Guy is offline  
post #30 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-19-2013, 05:50 PM
Cupcake: Team Tate
 
LizaG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Milton Keynes, UK
Posts: 10,388
Blog Entries: 13
                     
So....

....Miesha Tate and Cat Zingano pulled from UFC Sweden card over political concerns huh?
LizaG is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome