Hendo says Silva has been choosing his opponents - Page 8 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-20-2013, 04:21 AM
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 15,077
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddellianenko View Post
Get real. Dana may decide who Anderson fights but can't force WHEN he fights.

Anderson can sit on the shelf for years and wait for legit contenders like Weidman to eliminate themselves with bad style matchups, all while Anderson dicks around beating glorified cans in a LHW division he has no business or serious plans in, or decides to "take it easy" for a year or two. wtf? How about you give your belt up in that case if you wanna take it easy and leave a division stalled for absolutely no reason.

Why isn't he defending his MW belt for OVER A YEAR when he's PERFECTLY HEALTHY?? Give me ONE OTHER CHAMP that has done this while under contract and not injured in any shape or form.

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck ...
well looks like i don't need to say anything further since liddellemelianenko nailed it, an example of this is sonnen vs silva 2 was meant actually happen at 136 but because of anderson's posturing and being difficult he took the okami fight instead


Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #72 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-20-2013, 06:16 AM
Super Heavyweight
 
marcthegame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,222
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddellianenko View Post
Get real. Dana may decide who Anderson fights but can't force WHEN he fights.

Anderson can sit on the shelf for years and wait for legit contenders like Weidman to eliminate themselves with bad style matchups, all while Anderson dicks around beating glorified cans in a LHW division he has no business or serious plans in, or decides to "take it easy" for a year or two. wtf? How about you give your belt up in that case if you wanna take it easy and leave a division stalled for absolutely no reason.

Why isn't he defending his MW belt for OVER A YEAR when he's PERFECTLY HEALTHY?? Give me ONE OTHER CHAMP that has done this while under contract and not injured in any shape or form (and don't give me Couture, because that was him trying to walk out of the org and break his contract, different story). Why is Soares making whining noises every time Weidman's name comes up, even when this guy has the best win streak in UFC MW HISTORY apart from Anderson himself?

Anderson is an amazing fighter and yes he usually beats everyone thrown at him including most of the handful of wrestlers he's faced, but he took a bloody pounding from Sonnen the first time and lost badly to Takase all those years ago. He's only human, and has a lot to lose. Why take risks when you can coast off into the sunset as GOAT while beating has been brawlers?

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck ...
These question is something you will have to ask UFC management. 95% of the times Dana doesn't even know what fight to make with the guy. In all honestly you can blast him for whatever, but when you are the champ you call the shots. However Dana White and company calls the shots, if they want Silva to fight they will do it. Weidman's name has came up, but from what I'm hearing he will be ready for the summer, whereas silva wants a fight in the spring.


Be honest can you honesty say Weidman will beat Anderson Silva. I know he makes sense, but if I'm keeping it real Weidman is a no name. When you held a belt since Oct 14, 2006, you can do whatever u want. He has made it clear he wants GSP, GSP imo is a way harder fight than Weidman. As for the Bonnar fight didnt he step in to save the Aldo card in Brazil?

___________________________________
marcthegame is offline  
post #73 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-20-2013, 06:28 AM
of Nazareth
 
Soojooko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 9,457
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddellianenko View Post
Get real. Dana may decide who Anderson fights but can't force WHEN he fights.

Anderson can sit on the shelf for years and wait for legit contenders like Weidman to eliminate themselves with bad style matchups, all while Anderson dicks around beating glorified cans in a LHW division he has no business or serious plans in, or decides to "take it easy" for a year or two. wtf? How about you give your belt up in that case if you wanna take it easy and leave a division stalled for absolutely no reason.

Why isn't he defending his MW belt for OVER A YEAR when he's PERFECTLY HEALTHY?? Give me ONE OTHER CHAMP that has done this while under contract and not injured in any shape or form (and don't give me Couture, because that was him trying to walk out of the org and break his contract, different story). Why is Soares making whining noises every time Weidman's name comes up, even when this guy has the best win streak in UFC MW HISTORY apart from Anderson himself?

Anderson is an amazing fighter and yes he usually beats everyone thrown at him including most of the handful of wrestlers he's faced, but he took a bloody pounding from Sonnen the first time and lost badly to Takase all those years ago. He's only human, and has a lot to lose. Why take risks when you can coast off into the sunset as GOAT while beating has been brawlers?

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck ...
Name me one other champ who has so utterly cleared out his division. The only legit contender is Weidman and he's injured. I really dont understand your point.

Bones is close to clearing out his division and hes fighting Sonnen. An utterly useless fight if I ever saw one. It's not just Silva. All the dominant champs fight lesser fighters form time to time. GSP fought Hardy for example.

It keeps coming back to Sonnen. Because he wouldn't fight Sonnen the second he got back from his suspension for cheating and money laundering. Well, why should he give the asshole an immediate shot? Have a fight or two first for fecks sake. Would you give a dude an immediate rematch if the last time you fought him he was jacked up and got banned?

But, end of the day, thats not enough to suggest Silva is ducking anybody. You guys are basing this on a few moans from him here and there. The reality is hes fought everybody there is to fight at MW right now aside from Weidman. *Everybody*. Any fight at MW would be silly. When Weidman is back he will get a shot either immediately or after one more win. Those are the facts no matter what Silva says, and he knows it.

It doesnt look like a duck, and it doesnt smell like one... not to me anyway. This mess is simply what you get when you take a fledgling sport with a small roster and combine that with a champion who is totally dominant.
Soojooko is offline  
post #74 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-20-2013, 06:31 AM
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 15,077
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcthegame View Post
These question is something you will have to ask UFC management. 95% of the times Dana doesn't even know what fight to make with the guy. In all honestly you can blast him for whatever, but when you are the champ you call the shots. However Dana White and company calls the shots, if they want Silva to fight they will do it. Weidman's name has came up, but from what I'm hearing he will be ready for the summer, whereas silva wants a fight in the spring.


Be honest can you honesty say Weidman will beat Anderson Silva. I know he makes sense, but if I'm keeping it real Weidman is a no name. When you held a belt since Oct 14, 2006, you can do whatever u want. He has made it clear he wants GSP, GSP imo is a way harder fight than Weidman. As for the Bonnar fight didnt he step in to save the Aldo card in Brazil?
It doesn't matter if the average retard UFC only fan doesn't know him it's the fight that makes sense, if I wanted to watch title fights that have no chance of being competitive from the get go I would just watch bellator title fights.

It's not fun to me to know that anderson is not gonna be touched 4 months before the fight even happens and it's not exciting, the sonnen fights and the hendo fight were by far the most entertaining and competitive silva fights in the UFC and one even earned fight of the year so I think silva fans should be focusing less on big money bum fights or easy fights and instead truly challenging stylistic match ups.

Anderson Silva can set all the records he wants but that doesn't mean he gets the right to hold the UFC by ransom to do whatever he pleases.


Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is offline  
post #75 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-20-2013, 07:00 AM
Ultra-weight
 
Sportsman 2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6,916
                     
Clear example of moaning (Totally hypothetical situation):
"I don't want to fight Jones. He is big and GSP would hurt me less."

Clear example of ducking (Confirmed fact with date and time to happen):
Te boss calls and:
"Whe have saved UFC 151. You are fighting Sonnen, a MW coming from a loss that had no time to prepare."
Answer: "No I refuse to fight him." - UFC 151 joins Titanic on the bottom of the ocean.

Clear example of stepping up (Fact lies in history of UFC):
"I will risk my win streak record to fight on short notice the tough, bigger, hungry, never finished, nothing to lose Bonnar in his last fight and save UFC 153."

Finding Your Way Through the Cloudy Mountains
RNP-AR Precision GPS-FMS Approach to Queenstown - NZ


You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
Sportsman 2.0 is offline  
post #76 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-20-2013, 07:23 AM
of Nazareth
 
Soojooko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 9,457
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMA-Sportsman View Post
Clear example of moaning (Totally hypothetical situation):
"I don't want to fight Jones. He is big and GSP would hurt me less."

Clear example of ducking (Confirmed fact with date and time to happen):
Te boss calls and:
"Whe have saved UFC 151. You are fighting Sonnen, a MW coming from a loss that had no time to prepare."
Answer: "No I refuse to fight him." - UFC 151 joins Titanic on the bottom of the ocean.

Clear example of stepping up (Fact lies in history of UFC):
"I will risk my win streak record to fight on short notice the tough, bigger, hungry, never finished, nothing to lose Bonnar in his last fight and save UFC 153."
Once again, the same old stories. One or two speculative examples. As shallow as a puddle of piss on the pavement. Chael and Weidman over and over again. Even though one of them he beat good 9 months later. And the other is lined up for a shot as we speak.

If you people are going to accuse Silva of ducking, bring more meat and bones to your arguments.
Soojooko is offline  
post #77 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-20-2013, 07:35 AM
Ultra-weight
 
Sportsman 2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6,916
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
Once again, the same old stories. One or two speculative examples. As shallow as a puddle of piss on the pavement. Chael and Weidman over and over again. Even though one of them he beat good 9 months later. And the other is lined up for a shot as we speak.

If you people are going to accuse Silva of ducking, bring more meat and bones to your arguments.
Either I didn't get what you said or you didn't get what I said before, but just to clear it up: I am definetely not in the "Anderson is ducking" wagon, man.

Finding Your Way Through the Cloudy Mountains
RNP-AR Precision GPS-FMS Approach to Queenstown - NZ


You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
Sportsman 2.0 is offline  
post #78 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-20-2013, 07:40 AM
of Nazareth
 
Soojooko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 9,457
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMA-Sportsman View Post
Either I didn't get what you said or you didn't get what I said before, but just to clear it up: I am definetely not in the "Anderson is ducking" wagon, man.
Come on now... do you really expect me to properly read the posts I'm responding to? This is the internet damn it! I dont need to pay attention.
Soojooko is offline  
post #79 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-20-2013, 08:30 AM
Ultra-weight
 
Sportsman 2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6,916
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
Come on now... do you really expect me to properly read the posts I'm responding to? This is the internet damn it! I dont need to pay attention.
Friendly Fire. It happens in the worst battles. Luckly it was just a flash wound and I shook it up, buddy.

Finding Your Way Through the Cloudy Mountains
RNP-AR Precision GPS-FMS Approach to Queenstown - NZ


You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
Sportsman 2.0 is offline  
post #80 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-20-2013, 09:34 AM
Welterweight
 
leifdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pennsylvania/Hawaii
Posts: 2,148
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFC_OWNS View Post
no i was saying that why give maia a title shot when he lost to marquardt the fight before by KO, wouldn't it make more sense to give nate a rematch instead
Maia beat Miller before facing Silva.

Silva had already destroyed Nate, another fight at that point wasn't marketable. If Nate had beat Chael, he would have gotten a second shot.

Supporting BJ Penn-Joe Lauzon-Brock Lesnar-Anderson Silva-Lyoto Machida
ContactSportsNews365
leifdawg is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome