Jon Fitch among 16 fighters released from UFC on Tuesday - Page 18 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 02-21-2013, 09:32 AM   #171 (permalink)
OU
BOOMER SOONER
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 
OU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,014
OU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings System
I don't there is any other logical explanation other then they are in financial trouble. I don't see how they can talk about expansion to other countries, expanding weight classes to adding 115, expanding and adding a women's division if they are going to make cuts like these. I don't want expansion if it means sacrificing the quality of the current divisions.
OU is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 02-21-2013, 10:35 AM   #172 (permalink)
LL
Rough Sex and Banana Pudding
 
LL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dance Class with Dom.
Posts: 8,341
LL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings System
Sad times when Neer, McGee and Lawler are UFC caliber and Fitch isn't.


Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
__________________
THE PERFECT STORM

THE PERFECT RECORD

THE PERFECT FIGHTER
LL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:40 AM   #173 (permalink)
You're Welcome.
 
Canadian Psycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Eh?
Posts: 7,129
Canadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF Material
Just because the UFC is expanding into other countries doesn't mean it needs a roster of 2000 fighters. To speculate financial trouble is to jump the gun entirely, but again you label something 'logical' when you have none of the facts. I think the more logical argument is that UFC brass doesn't care for Jon Fitch, plain and simple.

Every one of these cuts is justifiable outside of Fitch. Yes there are others who could have been cut before fighters like Sass and Etim, but we've also heard that there are 100 more cuts to come. People are so eager to start a witch hunt when they know virtually nothing of why this happened or what will happen going forward. We still have people ripping Dana to pieces despite one of the cut fighters coming out and saying it was Joe Silva's doing.

I implore the 'UFC will get no more of my money' crowd to actually stand by its threats (empty though they certainly are). Because frankly I'm getting tired of the internet community posturing as though it could run this company better than men and women who not only brought it back from the verge of bankruptcy but turned it into a global empire.
Canadian Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:55 AM   #174 (permalink)
OU
BOOMER SOONER
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 
OU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,014
OU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Psycho View Post
Just because the UFC is expanding into other countries doesn't mean it needs a roster of 2000 fighters. To speculate financial trouble is to jump the gun entirely, but again you label something 'logical' when you have none of the facts. I think the more logical argument is that UFC brass doesn't care for Jon Fitch, plain and simple.

Every one of these cuts is justifiable outside of Fitch. Yes there are others who could have been cut before fighters like Sass and Etim, but we've also heard that there are 100 more cuts to come. People are so eager to start a witch hunt when they know virtually nothing of why this happened or what will happen going forward. We still have people ripping Dana to pieces despite one of the cut fighters coming out and saying it was Joe Silva's doing.

I implore the 'UFC will get no more of my money' crowd to actually stand by its threats (empty though they certainly are). Because frankly I'm getting tired of the internet community posturing as though it could run this company better than men and women who not only brought it back from the verge of bankruptcy but turned it into a global empire.
So Volkmann cut was justifiable? Gomez being cut after a BS decision was justifiable? I disagree completely with both. Volkmann is on a 6-2 run at LW and he didn't even lose back to back or anything like that. He has a first round finish between his 2 losses and 6-2 in the division. I mean come on, how is that a logical cut? What message does that send? Also most people feel Gomez won his fight. Not only that but he is clearly still a top 15 fly and you cut him? With the lack of depth you have there? Two very unjustifiable cuts.

Yes I said it was the most logical reason(financial). That is what it looks like IMO. By far the most logical based on the current moves being made. One thing is clear, it's not right. They are not making the right moves right now.

EDIT: I never implied that I personally could run it better but I know there are plenty of people out there that could. Just because I say they aren't doing the right things doesn't mean I'm implying I'm the one that should fix it. There are obviously men far more qualified for that. Men much better then Dana White.
OU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:08 AM   #175 (permalink)
The Chosen One

 
Cookie Monster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Canada's East Coast
Posts: 1,472
Blog Entries: 5
Cookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings SystemCookie Monster Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenkoy View Post
here's the thing.. Fitch is a good fighter, definitely top 5.

but no one wants to see him fight. i mean when's the last time you got excited about a jon fitch match. you know what he's gonna do 99.99% of the time. lay on top of them and win a decision, he's been doing this for like 7 years.

Fitch vs Diaz? Why? what for? fitch just gonna lay on him and diaz is gonna whine that he got wrestled to death.

you see it now. even though he's top 5 fighter, this is still entertainment business. even though ranking wise it doesnt really make sense to cut him, i definitely will not miss him.
There's that wonderful 'nobody' phrase again. It's awfully inclusive and entirely incorrect. I am somebody that enjoys his fights, which already invalidates the statement, and I guarantee I'm not the only one who appreciates the technical aspects of Fitch's gameplay

Sent from my HTC Ruby using VerticalSports.Com App
__________________
The poster formerly known as Cowgirl


Thanks to Killz for the great sig!

Cookie Monster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:29 AM   #176 (permalink)
Number 1 Nerf-Herder
 
Dr Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,963
Dr Gonzo Is Destined For GreatnessDr Gonzo Is Destined For GreatnessDr Gonzo Is Destined For GreatnessDr Gonzo Is Destined For GreatnessDr Gonzo Is Destined For GreatnessDr Gonzo Is Destined For GreatnessDr Gonzo Is Destined For GreatnessDr Gonzo Is Destined For GreatnessDr Gonzo Is Destined For GreatnessDr Gonzo Is Destined For GreatnessDr Gonzo Is Destined For Greatness
Wow, alot of strong opinions. I think the main bone of contention here is the Fitch cut. I doubt Zuffa are in financial trouble. I mean, their constantly expanding right? No company in the world would expand if they're in finanical trouble. I was very surprised to see Fitch get cut. I too thought it was a joke. Oh well. He may be a top 10 WW but I was never that excited to see him fight. Not until he became 'broke' Fitch anyway!

That being said, I'm sure Fitch will go to Bellator, pick up a couple of wins and be back in the UFC at the start of next year. Probably on a lower paid contract. Not because Zuffa are in financial trouble, but maybe because Joe Silva and Dana don't think Fitch is worth the bother or the money.
__________________

I used to be Tyson Fury but now I'm not.
Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:33 AM   #177 (permalink)
LL
Rough Sex and Banana Pudding
 
LL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dance Class with Dom.
Posts: 8,341
LL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings System
If he wants to get back in the UFC he won't go to Bellator, two or three impressive finishes on WSOF or the local circuit might get him back, hopefully.


Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
__________________
THE PERFECT STORM

THE PERFECT RECORD

THE PERFECT FIGHTER
LL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:35 AM   #178 (permalink)
Number 1 Nerf-Herder
 
Dr Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,963
Dr Gonzo Is Destined For GreatnessDr Gonzo Is Destined For GreatnessDr Gonzo Is Destined For GreatnessDr Gonzo Is Destined For GreatnessDr Gonzo Is Destined For GreatnessDr Gonzo Is Destined For GreatnessDr Gonzo Is Destined For GreatnessDr Gonzo Is Destined For GreatnessDr Gonzo Is Destined For GreatnessDr Gonzo Is Destined For GreatnessDr Gonzo Is Destined For Greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
If he wants to get back in the UFC he won't go to Bellator, two or three impressive finishes on WSOF or the local circuit might get him back, hopefully.


Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Is the relationship between UFC and Bellator that bad?
__________________

I used to be Tyson Fury but now I'm not.
Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:43 AM   #179 (permalink)
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
 
osmium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 6,480
osmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killz View Post
Wow, are we really gonna start questioning Jon Fitch's legitimacy in the WW division right now? ******* hell!

He was 14-3-1 in the UFC 24-5-1 overall and looking at the list of fighters he's beaten, at the time, they were solid wins. He was also widely considered the number 2 WW in the world for a vast majority of his time in the UFC.

Jon Fitch is a TOP Welterweight.try and discredit his wins and who he has beaten all you want but that my friends is a fact!


Man, I never thought I'd be sticking up for Jon Fitch on here. Sheesh.
I have been questioning it for about 4-5 years now; so no this isn't starting it is continuing. He is a good fighter a 8-12 quality guy right now which means he is expendable.

The people who are pissed about this have no facts to offer only conjecture. Nothing he has done suggests he is a top 5 WW or the second best WW in the world which was always a ludicrous statement that many parroted up until Hendricks exposed him.

His value was based completely on the nonsense about him being the second best WW in the world and he got smashed by 2 guys who aren't the champ. Now his value doesn't merit his contract as he is unpopular and lacks credibility as a contender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson Fury View Post
Is the relationship between UFC and Bellator that bad?
There have been multiple contract scandals involving them.
osmium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:49 PM   #180 (permalink)
Black & Gold
 
Purgetheweak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 634
Purgetheweak Is Beloved By AllPurgetheweak Is Beloved By AllPurgetheweak Is Beloved By AllPurgetheweak Is Beloved By AllPurgetheweak Is Beloved By AllPurgetheweak Is Beloved By AllPurgetheweak Is Beloved By AllPurgetheweak Is Beloved By AllPurgetheweak Is Beloved By AllPurgetheweak Is Beloved By AllPurgetheweak Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Psycho View Post
Just because the UFC is expanding into other countries doesn't mean it needs a roster of 2000 fighters. To speculate financial trouble is to jump the gun entirely, but again you label something 'logical' when you have none of the facts. I think the more logical argument is that UFC brass doesn't care for Jon Fitch, plain and simple.

Every one of these cuts is justifiable outside of Fitch. Yes there are others who could have been cut before fighters like Sass and Etim, but we've also heard that there are 100 more cuts to come. People are so eager to start a witch hunt when they know virtually nothing of why this happened or what will happen going forward. We still have people ripping Dana to pieces despite one of the cut fighters coming out and saying it was Joe Silva's doing.

I implore the 'UFC will get no more of my money' crowd to actually stand by its threats (empty though they certainly are). Because frankly I'm getting tired of the internet community posturing as though it could run this company better than men and women who not only brought it back from the verge of bankruptcy but turned it into a global empire.
I would rep you for this, but they won't let me.
__________________
D. Cerrone | R. Souza | F. Werdum | R. MacDonald | M. McDonald | D. Maia | J. Mein | C. Condit
M. Coenen | S. Kaufman | A. Davis

Purgetheweak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios