Report: Anderson Silva vs. Chris Weidman in talks for July event - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 88 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 02:06 PM
LL
Cruz Control
 
LL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ocean Front Property in Arizona.
Posts: 9,154
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by osmium View Post
I haven't seen anything that would suggest Weidman is any better of a fighter than someone like Marquardt.
Try watching his fights, that might help. If you can't see the difference between Weidman and Nate then you don't need to be posting in a Weidman thread.


Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

2013 VIP FFL Champion
THE DRAGON RIDES AGAIN - 12/20/14
Machida - Alves - Cruz - JDS - Weidman - Condit - Pettis - Edgar - Cowboy - Dodson - Okami
LL is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 88 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 02:12 PM
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
 
osmium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 6,517
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
Try watching his fights, that might help. If you can't see the difference between Weidman and Nate then you don't need to be posting in a Weidman thread.


Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
I have seen his fights and I would favor roided up prime Nate over him.
osmium is offline  
post #23 of 88 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 02:17 PM Thread Starter
OU
Ultra-weight
 
OU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,080
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by osmium View Post
I have seen his fights and I would favor roided up prime Nate over him.
I would respectfully disagree. Weidman has 100x better takedowns. He is also bigger, stronger and has 4 inches of reach on Nate. Reach and takedowns are big when fighting Anderson IMO.
OU is offline  
post #24 of 88 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 02:28 PM
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
 
osmium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 6,517
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by OU View Post
I would respectfully disagree. Weidman has 100x better takedowns. He is also bigger, stronger and has 4 inches of reach on Nate. Reach and takedowns are big when fighting Anderson IMO.
Nate is the better striker and I think his wrestling and bjj are good enough to stop many takedowns and survive on the ground when it goes there. I don't think it would be a lock by any means I am just saying I view them as being fairly similar in quality.

Do you guys really think he is on the same level as guys like Vitor or Chael who Andy has already dispatched because I think both of them would dominate Weidman and that Andy will put him away within 3.
osmium is offline  
post #25 of 88 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 02:33 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 28
                     
Wise Up

Stop comparing chris and nate two different weight classes
Mr Jeff 1 is offline  
post #26 of 88 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 02:34 PM
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
 
osmium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 6,517
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jeff 1 View Post
Stop comparing chris and nate two different weight classes
I am comparing him to prime nate at MW...
osmium is offline  
post #27 of 88 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
OU
Ultra-weight
 
OU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,080
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by osmium View Post
Nate is the better striker and I think his wrestling and bjj are good enough to stop many takedowns and survive on the ground when it goes there. I don't think it would be a lock by any means I am just saying I view them as being fairly similar in quality.

Do you guys really think he is on the same level as guys like Vitor or Chael who Andy has already dispatched because I think both of them would dominate Weidman and that Andy will put him away within 3.
I think Weidman would destroy Chael Sonnen. Destroy him in a completely uncompetitive fight. Seriously, absolute destruction. He would likely submit Chael since he is more then capable of putting him on his back and doing so.
I think Weidman's MMA wrestling better then Chael's and that means he would put Nate down at will. You are right Nate is the better striker but that wouldn't mean much when he is on his back.
OU is offline  
post #28 of 88 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 02:34 PM
Number 1 Nerf-Herder
 
Dr Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,506
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jeff 1 View Post
Stop comparing chris and nate two different weight classes
Nobodys complaining. They're debating. And Nate has spent alot of time at MW.




Watch The Trews! True news! Subscribe here!!


https://m.youtube.com/user/russellbrand
Dr Gonzo is offline  
post #29 of 88 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 02:41 PM
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
 
osmium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 6,517
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by OU View Post
I think Weidman would destroy Chael Sonnen. Destroy him in a completely uncompetitive fight. Seriously, absolute destruction. He would likely submit Chael since he is more then capable of putting him on his back and doing so.
I think Weidman's MMA wrestling better then Chael's and that means he would put Nate down at will. You are right Nate is the better striker but that wouldn't mean much when he is on his back.
I just completely disagree with that assessment Chael's takedowns and positioning are elite in the sport. Chael does have somewhat suspect takedown defense though but I think we have to remember how easily Maia got up against Weidman the two times he was taken down. I favor Chael while they are striking as well his boxing is superior and he is a southpaw which will prove difficult for someone with limited experience striking.
osmium is offline  
post #30 of 88 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
OU
Ultra-weight
 
OU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,080
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by osmium View Post
I just completely disagree with that assessment Chael's takedowns and positioning are elite in the sport. Chael does have somewhat suspect takedown defense though but I think we have to remember how easily Maia got up against Weidman the two times he was taken down. I favor Chael while they are striking as well his boxing is superior and he is a southpaw which will prove difficult for someone with limited experience striking.
I disagree about the striking as well. I think Chael has pretty poor standup and Weidman has the speed and reach(4 inch) advantage as well as the more diverse strikes. I think Chris is also a southpaw?
I'm curious to who would have the strength advantage, they are both very strong. Chris is a big guy. I have no doubt he would at some point put Chael down and tap him out. Just an amazing mix of wrestling, strength and BJJ.
OU is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome