MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   UFC (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/)
-   -   Who should get the next LHW title shot? (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/118610-who-should-get-next-lhw-title-shot.html)

John8204 02-24-2013 01:37 AM

Who should get the next LHW title shot?
 
So Machida "won" his fight, I don't know if Dana is going to grant him a title shot after that. We also hear that if Alexander Gustafsson wins his fight he should get a title shot. And we have Daniel Cormier and Anderson Silva so after this event who should be the next person to contend for the Light Heavyweight Title?

Canadian Psycho 02-24-2013 01:38 AM

If Gustaf wins his next fight, he's legitimately earned it.

LL 02-24-2013 01:39 AM

Probably Cormier.

jonnyg4508 02-24-2013 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadian Psycho (Post 1836618)
If Gustaf wins his next fight, he's legitimately earned it.

Agree. If Gustaf wins, especially in good fashion, he is the rightful #1.

Machida turned down a fight on decent notice for the belt. He isn't entitled to anything.

AlphaDawg 02-24-2013 01:42 AM

Nobody. They should abolish the entire division.

But in all seriousness, LHW is the worst division out there right now aside from Flyweight. The only fighter that comes close to being a legitimate contender right now is Gustaffson. And he'll get humiliated if he ever fights Jones.

Canadian Psycho 02-24-2013 01:43 AM

Nah. Glover. Te Huna. Gustaf. Manuwa. Gegard. Cormier (after the drop). There are some LADs coming up through the ranks. Just give it time. LHW will be great once more.

Stun Gun 02-24-2013 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadian Psycho (Post 1836754)
Nah. Glover. Te Huna. Gustaf. Manuwa. Gegard. Cormier (after the drop). There are some LADs coming up through the ranks. Just give it time. LHW will be great once more.

Yeah there are some guys that are still quite green like Manuwa,Gustaf,Glover, Te huna.

Machida should get the title shot next imo. But I wouldn';t be against Gustaf getting it

BOOM 02-24-2013 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlphaDawg (Post 1836714)
Nobody. They should abolish the entire division.

But in all seriousness, LHW is the worst division out there right now aside from Flyweight. The only fighter that comes close to being a legitimate contender right now is Gustaffson. And he'll get humiliated if he ever fights Jones.

Pretty much this, the real problem is that Jones is just that much better than everyone else. Cormier dropping will change things and that's about it.

aerius 02-24-2013 02:05 AM

Alistair Overeem. Now that he's off the roids he can drop back down to LHW and get an instant title shot.

Calminian 02-24-2013 02:16 AM

Dana just said Machida's getting the fight.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2