Tired Of St-Pierre - Page 13 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

View Poll Results: do you find GSP exciting?

yes, he's one of the most exciting guys in the sport 7 4.64%
he's boring as **** and i'm tired of him 52 34.44%
george is the consummate MMA champion, show some respect 22 14.57%
he's not one of the most exciting guys but he's not boring either 51 33.77%
i'm tired of you JUST BLEED fans. go watch backyard brawling instead 19 12.58%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

Reply

Old 03-19-2013, 06:37 PM   #121 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 33
McBoB is on another level nowMcBoB is on another level nowMcBoB is on another level nowMcBoB is on another level nowMcBoB is on another level nowMcBoB is on another level nowMcBoB is on another level nowMcBoB is on another level nowMcBoB is on another level nowMcBoB is on another level nowMcBoB is on another level now
I could see how people feel about him being boring but you have to look at it this way he is winning the fights and he's always controlling every opponent you may not like it but you already know what to expect before you rent. I tho I people rent because they want to see what his opponent is you g to be able to do. I love GSP and I find his style very technical
McBoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 03-19-2013, 06:51 PM   #122 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Idaho
Posts: 2,437
TanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World RenownTanyaJade Is World Renown
I have a vagina, therefore I win by submission.
TanyaJade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:01 PM   #123 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 33
Killer_Z has a spectacular aura aboutKiller_Z has a spectacular aura aboutKiller_Z has a spectacular aura aboutKiller_Z has a spectacular aura aboutKiller_Z has a spectacular aura aboutKiller_Z has a spectacular aura aboutKiller_Z has a spectacular aura aboutKiller_Z has a spectacular aura aboutKiller_Z has a spectacular aura aboutKiller_Z has a spectacular aura aboutKiller_Z has a spectacular aura about
GSP is a terrific fighter to watch in action. I'm on the edge of my seat every minute of every one of his fights.
Killer_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:13 PM   #124 (permalink)
The Internet Prophet
 
deadmanshand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,750
deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Psycho View Post
There is a correlation between KO power and penis size.

For instance, mine is so big I could KO you with it.
Mine's classified as a deadly weapon or at least I think it is. At least I remember cops, tasers, and a judge saying something about assault. I didn't have pants so I can only believe it had to do with my prodigious size.
__________________
That is not dead which can eternal lie and withs strange aeons even death may die.
deadmanshand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:12 PM   #125 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 61
bogey_j is a glorious beacon of lightbogey_j is a glorious beacon of lightbogey_j is a glorious beacon of lightbogey_j is a glorious beacon of lightbogey_j is a glorious beacon of lightbogey_j is a glorious beacon of lightbogey_j is a glorious beacon of lightbogey_j is a glorious beacon of lightbogey_j is a glorious beacon of lightbogey_j is a glorious beacon of lightbogey_j is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer_Z View Post
GSP is a terrific fighter to watch in action. I'm on the edge of my seat every minute of every one of his fights.
lol seriously?
bogey_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:23 AM   #126 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
Woodenhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,527
Woodenhead Is A BallerWoodenhead Is A BallerWoodenhead Is A BallerWoodenhead Is A BallerWoodenhead Is A BallerWoodenhead Is A BallerWoodenhead Is A BallerWoodenhead Is A BallerWoodenhead Is A BallerWoodenhead Is A BallerWoodenhead Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari View Post
I have a vagina, therefore I win by submission.
OK that post almost made me spit out me beer all over the place. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer_Z View Post
GSP is a terrific fighter to watch in action. I'm on the edge of my seat every minute of every one of his fights.
I'm the same way. I'm like that with most of the current champs, actually, and for different reasons. There's something to appreciate about all of them. IDK how to explain it, but I was just as pumped during Wandy/Stann as I was during Diaz/GSP.

Fighting is like beer and ice cream - there's a crapload of flavours, and I like 'em all.
Woodenhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:32 AM   #127 (permalink)
-Team Tate-

 
CupCake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Milton Keynes, UK
Posts: 7,079
Blog Entries: 13
CupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is Untouchable
Woodenhead that last sentence says it all for me well said!
__________________


VIPFFL: Miesha Tate//Ronda Rousey//Mike Pyle//Ian McCall//Rick Hawn
CupCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:22 AM   #128 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Sharon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somewhere in Canada
Posts: 229
Sharon is on another level nowSharon is on another level nowSharon is on another level nowSharon is on another level nowSharon is on another level nowSharon is on another level nowSharon is on another level nowSharon is on another level nowSharon is on another level nowSharon is on another level nowSharon is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmanshand View Post
Knockout power comes from technique, core strength, and genetic factors. Strength of the legs is a small factor. Proper technique starts in the legs.
Your trunk i.e. glutes, thighs, hams and midsection are what constitutes your 'core', therefore I am still right. Yes, technique is important, but you have to use your legs to maximize that technique and the bigger the legs, the more power behind the technique.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OU View Post
LOL that is absolutely hilarious if you think GSP or Bendo are choosing not to finish guys. GSP fights safe that's a fact that even he acknowledges. But he also doesn't have finishing power. You will never see him KO a guy with 1 punch the way someone like Hendricks does.

I will give you 1 guy that would support your argument though. That would be Tyson Griffin. He has a few KO's on his resume and massive legs that likely play a large role in that.

But your generalizing statement just isn't true. Especially in the cases of GSP and Bendo.
GSP fights safe. Yes, I have not dismissed that. But imagine if he DIDN'T fight safe? You say he has no finishing power, but excuse me, who finished Matt Hughes with a headkick?? He finished Matt Serra by thrusting his massive legs high into the sky and having them drop on his body, which seemed so painful, that the referee decided to stop the fight.

The fact is, safe or not, his legs give me an advantage in finishing opponents.

Ben Henderson's style is to wear you down until you quite. If he landed a headkick or someone, you think he wouldn't finish them? He wore out Donald Cerrone in the 1st round of their second fight by just digging his knees into Cerrone's skinny legs. That's power right there. They know how to finish, they simply just don't, frustrating as it is.
Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:02 AM   #129 (permalink)
OU
BOOMER SOONER
 
OU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,062
OU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon View Post
GSP fights safe. Yes, I have not dismissed that. But imagine if he DIDN'T fight safe? You say he has no finishing power, but excuse me, who finished Matt Hughes with a headkick?? He finished Matt Serra by thrusting his massive legs high into the sky and having them drop on his body, which seemed so painful, that the referee decided to stop the fight.

The fact is, safe or not, his legs give me an advantage in finishing opponents.

Ben Henderson's style is to wear you down until you quite. If he landed a headkick or someone, you think he wouldn't finish them? He wore out Donald Cerrone in the 1st round of their second fight by just digging his knees into Cerrone's skinny legs. That's power right there. They know how to finish, they simply just don't, frustrating as it is.
I'm sorry but IMO you are completely wrong. I don't agree with your assessment at all. As others have pointed out there are far more factors in finishing ability then just size of legs or lower body. I completely disagree about Bendo and GSP as well. If they could finish people, they would. The fact is they just can't.
OU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:45 PM   #130 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
H33LHooK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Where it's cold- very cold.
Posts: 691
H33LHooK Is True Champion Of KnowledgeH33LHooK Is True Champion Of KnowledgeH33LHooK Is True Champion Of KnowledgeH33LHooK Is True Champion Of KnowledgeH33LHooK Is True Champion Of KnowledgeH33LHooK Is True Champion Of KnowledgeH33LHooK Is True Champion Of KnowledgeH33LHooK Is True Champion Of KnowledgeH33LHooK Is True Champion Of KnowledgeH33LHooK Is True Champion Of KnowledgeH33LHooK Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon View Post

GSP ...

The fact is, safe or not, his legs give me an advantage in finishing opponents.

.
Um... what?

.
H33LHooK is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios