Nick Diaz: 'I've never paid taxes in my life, I'm probably gonna go to jail' - Page 5 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 12:53 AM
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 15,079
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by demoman993 View Post
Hire an accountant and a lawyer Nick. Anyone defending Nick is just doing it to go against the popular opinion. The guy is a complete moron. Do us a favor and stay retired, maybe spend some time in jail and tell all of us how hard done by you are because of your tax evasion.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
stop trying to speak for everyone I like exciting fighters


Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 02:10 AM
Bantamweight
 
footodors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 738
                     
ask wesley snipes how that no paying taxes thingy worked out

I am the foremost authority on my opinion.

Florian Martial Arts Center
Background Checks

"I used to drink a lot. I still do, but I used to, too."
footodors is offline  
post #43 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 02:39 AM
Featherweight
 
demoman993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: City of Champions
Posts: 1,040
                     
Liking a fighter and accepting the fact that same fighter can't get his shot together are two completely different things. Sure he can fight but he can't even make a phone call to hire someone to take care of his finances. Its funny because he insulted Georges before the fight for hiring people to do things for him........

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Check out the new MMA Forum app for the Android
demoman993 is offline  
post #44 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 02:44 AM
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
 
osmium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 6,517
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFC_OWNS View Post
stop trying to speak for everyone I like exciting fighters
Nick Diaz is Clay Guida exciting he needs his opponent to make the fight exciting for him. Any high level fighter that doesn't come in with a stupid game plan should be able to beat this guy he is slow, has bad footwork, and can't wrestle.
osmium is offline  
post #45 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 02:51 AM
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 15,079
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by osmium View Post
Nick Diaz is Clay Guida exciting he needs his opponent to make the fight exciting for him. Any high level fighter that doesn't come in with a stupid game plan should be able to beat this guy he is slow, has bad footwork, and can't wrestle.
Actually the 3 qualities you mentioned the contrary skills of those are generally the characteristics of a boring fighter


Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is offline  
post #46 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 03:19 AM
"Focus"
 
Life B Ez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 9,914
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFC_OWNS View Post
Actually the 3 qualities you mentioned the contrary skills of those are generally the characteristics of a boring fighter
Unfortunately you are pretty much correct.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Think. It Ain't Illegal Yet
"Discipline Hurts Less Than Regret"
Life B Ez is offline  
post #47 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-19-2013, 05:08 AM
KO artist
 
Liddellianenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Iowa
Posts: 5,140
                     
Calm down people, he's being facetious. He's saying he's never filed taxes PERSONALLY.

But OF COURSE, every ORGANIZATION he has ever fought for (UFC, StrikeForce, EliteXC etc.) is obligated to deduct taxes / social security / medicare from his paycheck before he even sees it. He has no say on that. If the orgs aren't doing it for every salary they show on their payroll, they'd be shut down in a minute. In addition, it is unlikely that a guy as controversial as Diaz is getting many endorsements, so that pre-taxed fight org paycheck makes the most of his income right there.

So yes, he is TECHNICALLY telling the truth about never paying taxes himself, but in reality taxes have being going from his side whether he likes it or not.

Note that this is only on declared income such as fight purses and PPV cuts. This does not include locker room cash bonuses, whatever cash he makes on the side from coaching etc., but he would be far from alone in not "declaring" and paying tax on that cash income, if any ... that's the whole point of cash income, most people avoid paying taxes on it... there is essentially no way for the govt. to know about it, track it or tax it when it never enters the banking/credit system and is used for cash transactions.

No he isn't going to jail over this, and yes we can watch him get his ass beat sometime again in the near future.
Liddellianenko is online now  
post #48 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-02-2013, 02:59 PM
Pretty old, apparently
 
Term's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,353
                     
See what Nick has done. This is what happens when you don't pay your fair share.

Stockton California goes bankrupt


Quote:
Stockton, Calif., became the most populous city in the nation to go broke Monday, after a judge accepted the city's application to enter bankruptcy.


[/Sarcasm]


Forum GP - Season XI - Champion
Term is offline  
post #49 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-02-2013, 03:35 PM
Bantamweight
 
HorsepoweR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Johnsburg, Illinois
Posts: 887
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Term View Post
See what Nick has done. This is what happens when you don't pay your fair share.

Stockton California goes bankrupt






[/Sarcasm]
lol..

BJ The Prodigy Penn
Alexander The Mauler Gustafsson
Cain Brock Smasher Velasquez

Anthony Rumble Johnson

2014 NPFFL Champ
HorsepoweR is offline  
post #50 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-02-2013, 10:54 PM
I Finish Threads
 
HexRei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,915
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddellianenko View Post
Calm down people, he's being facetious. He's saying he's never filed taxes PERSONALLY.

But OF COURSE, every ORGANIZATION he has ever fought for (UFC, StrikeForce, EliteXC etc.) is obligated to deduct taxes / social security / medicare from his paycheck before he even sees it. He has no say on that. If the orgs aren't doing it for every salary they show on their payroll, they'd be shut down in a minute. In addition, it is unlikely that a guy as controversial as Diaz is getting many endorsements, so that pre-taxed fight org paycheck makes the most of his income right there.

So yes, he is TECHNICALLY telling the truth about never paying taxes himself, but in reality taxes have being going from his side whether he likes it or not.

Note that this is only on declared income such as fight purses and PPV cuts. This does not include locker room cash bonuses, whatever cash he makes on the side from coaching etc., but he would be far from alone in not "declaring" and paying tax on that cash income, if any ... that's the whole point of cash income, most people avoid paying taxes on it... there is essentially no way for the govt. to know about it, track it or tax it when it never enters the banking/credit system and is used for cash transactions.

No he isn't going to jail over this, and yes we can watch him get his ass beat sometime again in the near future.
I am not sure this is accurate. I worked as a contractor for almost ten years and paid all my taxes myself, nothing was withheld ( to my dismay, at the end of every fiscal year); it was my responsibility to pay them all on my own. I think fighters tend to fall under this independent contractor category. A number of folks with pro fighters ties over at the UG have said that the UFC fighters aren't (at least, not always) taxed pre-emptively.

That said, I still think Nick was just talking shit, I doubt he even thinks about taxes, he probably has a CPA through Cesar that he doesn't even know exists.

Everybody good, plenty of slaves for my robot colony?
HexRei is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome