Johny Hendricks hand not broken after UFC 158; wants GSP title fight in August - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 03-20-2013, 04:25 PM   #21 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Hexabob69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Chesapeake VA
Posts: 449
Hexabob69 is on another level nowHexabob69 is on another level nowHexabob69 is on another level nowHexabob69 is on another level nowHexabob69 is on another level nowHexabob69 is on another level nowHexabob69 is on another level nowHexabob69 is on another level nowHexabob69 is on another level nowHexabob69 is on another level nowHexabob69 is on another level now
I am still trying to understand why these matches that are pretty much to establish a number one contender are only 3 rounds... I think all matches for those that have any top 10 against one another should be 5 rounds; all top 5 fighters should be in 5 round fights period.
__________________
The Bass Minor
Hexabob69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 03-20-2013, 05:03 PM   #22 (permalink)
of Nazareth
 
Soojooko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 7,885
Soojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF Material
I dont see what the canadian fellow said that was so untrue. Hendrix always looks better at the beginning of a fight then the end. Can anybody really dispute that?

I love the beard. Anybody around here knows it. I love him and support him hard.

But come on. He does go downhill as fights go on. CP's point is that fighters like GSP dont. They never go downhill. With the title fight being 5 rounds, if Hendrix doesn't finish GSP in the first 10 minutes he will lose I think.
Soojooko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:06 PM   #23 (permalink)
You're Welcome.
 
Canadian Psycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Eh?
Posts: 7,182
Canadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabakill View Post
I don't think you know at all what you are talking about. Hendricks couldn't grapple or punch because oh my god, his hand got dislocated. I suppose when Griffin lost to Rashad he should've just sucked it up
Fine. Let's remove the Condit fight from the equation. What about the Pierce fight? The Koscheck fight? And the loss to Story? I've raised these fights as prime examples of Hendricks fading when the fight doesn't go his way in previous posts, yet you seem content to ignore them. Why don't you go and actually watch those fights, come back with something halfway intelligent, and maybe we can have ourselves a discussion. I do my best to show people on this board respect, but you're blatantly ignoring large segments of my argument in an attempt to make it seem weaker than it is, and I don't respect or have time for laziness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sg160187 View Post
While being a long time lurker, one thing I've noticed about Canadian Psycho is that his opinion translates directly into fact.

E.g. the impression that he thought Hendricks was wilting transfers directly to Hendricks WAS wilting... His knowledge of MMA is unquestionable as us mere casuals don't see the complexities that a true expert of the MMA world sees.

People wonder why this forum is going downhill and has been for a while is because it is no longer a place to share knowledge but to be lectured to by a small minority who believe volume of posts equals knowledge of MMA
Yep, that's me

I very rarely dismiss anyone's opinion. Not that these things matter in the grand scheme of things, but I haven't garnered a good reputation at this forum because I'm dismissive or think myself the epitome of MMA knowledge. I've been wrong in the past, and I own up to it. I've been schooled by posters who know ten times more than I do. And while I may be a bit aggressive or heated during certain discussions, I'd like to think it basic sense that what I'm saying or arguing is - in fact - my opinion and nothing more. I want to believe that enough people at this forum are intelligent enough to realize that my posts are my opinion, without my having to add 'imo' at the end of each and every one. My word is not gospel. It's opinion.

You're entitled to think whatever you like of me. It's your opinion, and - gasp - I support your being entitled to it. I enjoy discussing MMA, and as I said, I can get pretty into it. But that doesn't change the fact that all I'm offering is an opinion. Is it reality to me? Yes. Do I believe that everyone shares or ought to share my views? No.
Canadian Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:22 PM   #24 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
BrutalKO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Melbourne, Florida
Posts: 1,918
BrutalKO Is Beloved By AllBrutalKO Is Beloved By AllBrutalKO Is Beloved By AllBrutalKO Is Beloved By AllBrutalKO Is Beloved By AllBrutalKO Is Beloved By AllBrutalKO Is Beloved By AllBrutalKO Is Beloved By AllBrutalKO Is Beloved By AllBrutalKO Is Beloved By AllBrutalKO Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purgetheweak View Post
I hope they skip Hendricks and go to Ellenberger...



Just to see Hendricks whine some more.


I agree with that. I think Hendricks should fight Ellenberger for a shot at GSP. Jake is a brute and will give Johny all he can handle on the feet and in the wrestling department. Johny having the power edge, but by not much. Johny had some clout because he was coming off back to back highlight reel 1 punch dingers, on a super high. I hope Joe Silva does match them up. Jake vs. Johny would be a wicked ass fight...
BrutalKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:19 PM   #25 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 268
drey2k has a spectacular aura aboutdrey2k has a spectacular aura aboutdrey2k has a spectacular aura aboutdrey2k has a spectacular aura aboutdrey2k has a spectacular aura aboutdrey2k has a spectacular aura aboutdrey2k has a spectacular aura aboutdrey2k has a spectacular aura aboutdrey2k has a spectacular aura aboutdrey2k has a spectacular aura aboutdrey2k has a spectacular aura about
Hendricks should fight Ellenberger for #1 contender. His win over Condit was not really a win, anyone who knows anything about fighting knowns Condit won it.
drey2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:31 PM   #26 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
locnott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: DFW
Posts: 1,603
locnott is on another level nowlocnott is on another level nowlocnott is on another level nowlocnott is on another level nowlocnott is on another level nowlocnott is on another level nowlocnott is on another level nowlocnott is on another level nowlocnott is on another level nowlocnott is on another level nowlocnott is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by sg160187 View Post
While being a long time lurker, one thing I've noticed about Canadian Psycho is that his opinion translates directly into fact.

E.g. the impression that he thought Hendricks was wilting transfers directly to Hendricks WAS wilting... His knowledge of MMA is unquestionable as us mere casuals don't see the complexities that a true expert of the MMA world sees.

People wonder why this forum is going downhill and has been for a while is because it is no longer a place to share knowledge but to be lectured to by a small minority who believe volume of posts equals knowledge of MMA


I am glad that I am not the only one who has noticed this..
locnott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:56 PM   #27 (permalink)
Black & Gold
 
Purgetheweak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 634
Purgetheweak Is Beloved By AllPurgetheweak Is Beloved By AllPurgetheweak Is Beloved By AllPurgetheweak Is Beloved By AllPurgetheweak Is Beloved By AllPurgetheweak Is Beloved By AllPurgetheweak Is Beloved By AllPurgetheweak Is Beloved By AllPurgetheweak Is Beloved By AllPurgetheweak Is Beloved By AllPurgetheweak Is Beloved By All
I agree with Canadian Psycho, Hendricks did not look great in the third, Nd had the fight gone even one more round, I would bet Condit would have finished him.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
__________________
D. Cerrone | R. Souza | F. Werdum | R. MacDonald | M. McDonald | D. Maia | J. Mein | C. Condit
M. Coenen | S. Kaufman | A. Davis

Purgetheweak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:46 PM   #28 (permalink)
Light Heavyweight
 
MMA-Sportsman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: "Runway Ahead" "Landing"
Posts: 3,318
MMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Psycho View Post
Anderson Silva won his fight with broken freaking ribs after taking a 4.5 round beating from Sonnen.
This quote here is is gold, coming from CP.
I normally agree with CP because he is trully knowledgeable and spot on poster. I figured in time when I disagree with him is because he is just using his sarcastic Sonnen like humor to promote his fighters. Totally expected move from a true fan, right?
__________________
I will support your good point regardless of our differences.

Winners and Losers

Story of My Life
MMA-Sportsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:14 PM   #29 (permalink)
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
 
osmium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 6,517
osmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By All
What does it really matter whether or not he fades in the third round? How many finishes happen after the first three rounds in title fights? It almost never happens. GSP is the best decision fighter ever Hendricks has always needed to knock him out in the first 3 to win.
osmium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:18 PM   #30 (permalink)
Middleweight
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,957
rabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Psycho View Post
Fine. Let's remove the Condit fight from the equation. What about the Pierce fight? The Koscheck fight? And the loss to Story? I've raised these fights as prime examples of Hendricks fading when the fight doesn't go his way in previous posts, yet you seem content to ignore them. Why don't you go and actually watch those fights, come back with something halfway intelligent, and maybe we can have ourselves a discussion. I do my best to show people on this board respect, but you're blatantly ignoring large segments of my argument in an attempt to make it seem weaker than it is, and I don't respect or have time for laziness.
Past fights don't matter and that's what you don't get. He wasn't fading, maybe he's faded before but that's not the discussion. You know, the thread title saying that his hand wasn't broken and you want to go off an arrogant tangent being a complete douche about it, I don't care about your rants because they are nonsense. Telling me disregard the Condit fight in a thread about the Condit fight.... get a grip bud, your irreverent lectures are a waste of time
rabakill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios