UFC releases Japanese middleweight Riki Fukuda - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 05:07 PM
Asian MMA is dead
 
Stun Gun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,817
                     
Do you know what all those drugs are used for?



Sig Credit - El Bresko
Stun Gun is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 05:22 PM
You're Welcome.
 
Canadian Psycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Eh?
Posts: 7,723
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life B Ez View Post
Why's everyone so upset about this? The guy never showed anything in the UFC. Just like every other Asian fighter...

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Fukuda was a guilty pleasure of mine. I understand your point that he didn't demonstrate some vast potential, but I like watching him because he always comes to fight and he rarely holds back. I just clicked with him is all.
Canadian Psycho is offline  
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 05:23 PM
Asian MMA is dead
 
Stun Gun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,817
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Psycho View Post
Fukuda was a guilty pleasure of mine. I understand your point that he didn't demonstrate some vast potential, but I like watching him because he always comes to fight and he rarely holds back. I just clicked with him is all.
I wish he would have used his takedowns in the Tavares fight. I love Fukuda



Sig Credit - El Bresko
Stun Gun is offline  
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 12:29 PM
Colossal-weight
 
John8204's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 8,881
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stun Gun View Post
Do you know what all those drugs are used for?


Chest Congestion, Sinus pressure, and headaches
John8204 is online now  
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 01:53 PM
Black & Gold
 
Purgetheweak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 634
                     
Oh no! Whatever shall we do without him!? Guess he should stop getting high on cold medicine before fights.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

D. Cerrone | R. Souza | F. Werdum | R. MacDonald | M. McDonald | D. Maia | J. Mein | C. Condit
M. Coenen | S. Kaufman | A. Davis

Purgetheweak is offline  
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 03:27 PM
Featherweight
 
Grotty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: England
Posts: 1,374
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life B Ez View Post
Why's everyone so upset about this? The guy never showed anything in the UFC. Just like every other Asian fighter...

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
I am hoping this isnt a statement with a leaning towards something negative?
What about Kim, Gomi etc, yep they havent won a belt or won a huge amount of UFC fights, however they have a large amount of skill and heart so show a little respect for those you describe as Asian.

TEAM GROTTY 2013
Stefan Struve
Donald Cerrone
Glover Texiera
Cub Swanson
Kim Dong - Hyun.
Grotty is offline  
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 07:48 PM
Asian MMA is dead
 
Stun Gun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,817
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by John8204 View Post


Chest Congestion, Sinus pressure, and headaches
Exactly. So he's not a cheater OU.



Sig Credit - El Bresko
Stun Gun is offline  
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 08:04 PM
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 929
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trix View Post
How sensitive are those tests?

If a UFC fighter was walking to the cage and someone in the stands was smoking weed. Breathed in the faintest whiff of it. Would that be a positive?
No it would not
JASONJRF is offline  
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 08:22 PM
"Focus"
 
Life B Ez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 10,115
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grotty View Post
I am hoping this isnt a statement with a leaning towards something negative?
What about Kim, Gomi etc, yep they havent won a belt or won a huge amount of UFC fights, however they have a large amount of skill and heart so show a little respect for those you describe as Asian.
If not any good in the UFC is negative I 100% mean something negative. Also are Kim and Gomi not Asian? Is that some kind of P.C swear word now?

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Think. It Ain't Illegal Yet
"Discipline Hurts Less Than Regret"
Life B Ez is offline  
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-25-2013, 07:35 AM
Featherweight
 
Grotty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: England
Posts: 1,374
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life B Ez View Post
If not any good in the UFC is negative I 100% mean something negative. Also are Kim and Gomi not Asian? Is that some kind of P.C swear word now?

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Your original statement i felt was a poor generalisation and certainly open to negative interpretation, yes Kim and Gomi are Asian fighters and i used them obviously as an example to challenge your point of 'Why's everyone so upset about this? The guy never showed anything in the UFC. Just like every other Asian fighter' Im not getting into a protracted argument, i felt that your statement was a little ignorant, if you dont agree then i respect your point of view.

TEAM GROTTY 2013
Stefan Struve
Donald Cerrone
Glover Texiera
Cub Swanson
Kim Dong - Hyun.

Last edited by Grotty; 03-25-2013 at 07:39 AM. Reason: misspel
Grotty is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome