UFC releases Japanese middleweight Riki Fukuda - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 03-25-2013, 07:48 AM   #21 (permalink)
It's Hammer Time!
 
Hammerlock2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 8,346
Hammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stun Gun View Post
Exactly. So he's not a cheater OU.
There's pseudoephedrine in there which is an amphetamine related drug so...

Last edited by Hammerlock2.0 : 03-25-2013 at 07:51 AM.
Hammerlock2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 03-25-2013, 08:34 AM   #22 (permalink)
Ultra-weight
 
John8204's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 6,644
John8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerlock2.0 View Post
There's pseudoephedrine in there which is an amphetamine related drug so...
He took Sudafed, their are medical reasons to take amphetamines, steroids, and "masking" agents. To call guys cheaters because they dared to get a cold misses the point of drug testing.

This is the issue with drug testing. Fighters are having their health and privacy compromised in the effort to find cheaters. If you are going to effectively test fighters you need to do so when they would be cycling for the fight. The only things you should be looking for pre-fight are diuretics. This poor SOB made the mistake of taking over the counter cold medicine and now he's lost his job and is labeled a cheater for the rest of his career, while 30/40% of the UFC guys that really are on the roids are getting away with it.

We're seeing more suspensions for Pot than for Steroids, I have a huge problem with this and so should everyone else.
John8204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:04 AM   #23 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
DanTheJu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hurricane Alley (Daytona)
Posts: 939
DanTheJu is on another level nowDanTheJu is on another level nowDanTheJu is on another level nowDanTheJu is on another level nowDanTheJu is on another level nowDanTheJu is on another level nowDanTheJu is on another level nowDanTheJu is on another level nowDanTheJu is on another level nowDanTheJu is on another level nowDanTheJu is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by John8204 View Post
He took Sudafed, their are medical reasons to take amphetamines, steroids, and "masking" agents. To call guys cheaters because they dared to get a cold misses the point of drug testing.

This is the issue with drug testing. Fighters are having their health and privacy compromised in the effort to find cheaters. If you are going to effectively test fighters you need to do so when they would be cycling for the fight. The only things you should be looking for pre-fight are diuretics. This poor SOB made the mistake of taking over the counter cold medicine and now he's lost his job and is labeled a cheater for the rest of his career, while 30/40% of the UFC guys that really are on the roids are getting away with it.

We're seeing more suspensions for Pot than for Steroids, I have a huge problem with this and so should everyone else.
Sudafed is not really an over the counter, it is a behind the counter drug, meaning any adult can buy it, but the amounts are controlled and they are not available on the sales floor. The reason for this with with sudafed is because it is used as an ingredient in making methamphetamine.

So, the reason the drugs he was caught with are not allowed in competitive sports is because they can be used as a masking agent for meth (meth would show up as some of the same drugs in a drug test). An athlete could be a full-on raging meth head, pop a few sudafed before drug testing, and just say he had a cold, that's why amphetamines where in his body.

Now, am I saying Fukuda is a meth head? No, not at all. Dont know the guy, dont know what he does with his free time. All I am saying is he took drugs that are on the banned list, and there for a good reason. So he knowingly (or ignorantly) took banned drugs.

On top of that, he had a loosing record with not a single finish. I dont see it as a great loss to the UFC.
__________________
-------------------
Dan The Ju
-------------------
DanTheJu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:09 AM   #24 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
DanTheJu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hurricane Alley (Daytona)
Posts: 939
DanTheJu is on another level nowDanTheJu is on another level nowDanTheJu is on another level nowDanTheJu is on another level nowDanTheJu is on another level nowDanTheJu is on another level nowDanTheJu is on another level nowDanTheJu is on another level nowDanTheJu is on another level nowDanTheJu is on another level nowDanTheJu is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by John8204 View Post
He took Sudafed, their are medical reasons to take amphetamines, steroids, and "masking" agents. To call guys cheaters because they dared to get a cold misses the point of drug testing.

This is the issue with drug testing. Fighters are having their health and privacy compromised in the effort to find cheaters. If you are going to effectively test fighters you need to do so when they would be cycling for the fight. The only things you should be looking for pre-fight are diuretics. This poor SOB made the mistake of taking over the counter cold medicine and now he's lost his job and is labeled a cheater for the rest of his career, while 30/40% of the UFC guys that really are on the roids are getting away with it.

We're seeing more suspensions for Pot than for Steroids, I have a huge problem with this and so should everyone else.
Breaking the rules IS cheating. Is it on the level of cycling steroids? CLEARLY NOT! But, it is against the rules, so don't do it!

Now on to your point about out of competition random drug tests. I agree that is the only way to prevent steroid cycling. If an athlete never knows when a test is coming, they never know if they can get away with taking roids.

Quote:
The only things you should be looking for pre-fight are diuretics.
This, however, I disagree with 100%. They should still test for ALL banned substances, pre and post fight. If testing is ONLY for diuretics, that allows a window for a fighter to take what ever enhancement they can before they walk out to the cage (such as true amphetamines or pain pills).
__________________
-------------------
Dan The Ju
-------------------
DanTheJu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:14 AM   #25 (permalink)
My name is Stun Gun and I want GSP
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 
Stun Gun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,002
Stun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by John8204 View Post
He took Sudafed, their are medical reasons to take amphetamines, steroids, and "masking" agents. To call guys cheaters because they dared to get a cold misses the point of drug testing.

This is the issue with drug testing. Fighters are having their health and privacy compromised in the effort to find cheaters. If you are going to effectively test fighters you need to do so when they would be cycling for the fight. The only things you should be looking for pre-fight are diuretics. This poor SOB made the mistake of taking over the counter cold medicine and now he's lost his job and is labeled a cheater for the rest of his career, while 30/40% of the UFC guys that really are on the roids are getting away with it.

We're seeing more suspensions for Pot than for Steroids, I have a huge problem with this and so should everyone else.
This is exactly how I see it. You can't call him a cheater. its BS
__________________
Viva la Portugal!!!

Stun Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:14 AM   #26 (permalink)
It's Hammer Time!
 
Hammerlock2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 8,346
Hammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings System
I never said he was using cold medicine willingy to cheat but the fact is he used meds that contain performance enhancing drugs. You know you're gonna get tested so get a prescription and tell the commission. If you're an athlete and not aware of what's in your cold medicine then that's one you and noone else.

And yeah, the drug testing system is very bad but that doesn't mean people using amphetamines (be it for clearing their nose or enhancing their performance) should get cleared to fight.

Last edited by Hammerlock2.0 : 03-25-2013 at 10:17 AM.
Hammerlock2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:33 AM   #27 (permalink)
Ultra-weight
 
John8204's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 6,644
John8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTheJu View Post

This, however, I disagree with 100%. They should still test for ALL banned substances, pre and post fight. If testing is ONLY for diuretics, that allows a window for a fighter to take what ever enhancement they can before they walk out to the cage (such as true amphetamines or pain pills).
Out of the hundreds of fighters they've tested over the past year the pre/post testings caught what three guys (Tavares, Bonnar, Johnson). So either the sport is 99% clean (which we doubt) or the testing is messed up. Catching for Flu meds, and pot is a waste of time and resources, resources that should be focused on getting the roiders out. Surprise testing is so much more effective and needs to be the focus of this program.
John8204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:57 AM   #28 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
DanTheJu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hurricane Alley (Daytona)
Posts: 939
DanTheJu is on another level nowDanTheJu is on another level nowDanTheJu is on another level nowDanTheJu is on another level nowDanTheJu is on another level nowDanTheJu is on another level nowDanTheJu is on another level nowDanTheJu is on another level nowDanTheJu is on another level nowDanTheJu is on another level nowDanTheJu is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by John8204 View Post
Out of the hundreds of fighters they've tested over the past year the pre/post testings caught what three guys (Tavares, Bonnar, Johnson). So either the sport is 99% clean (which we doubt) or the testing is messed up. Catching for Flu meds, and pot is a waste of time and resources, resources that should be focused on getting the roiders out. Surprise testing is so much more effective and needs to be the focus of this program.
The reason they don't catch many is because it is a VERY effective method of stopping fighters from having anything in their system during the fight. I would call this success.

The FAILURE is in the lack of random drug testing. All licensed fighters and fighters applying for licencing should be randomly screened for "out of competition" banned drugs.

Adding Random drug testing NEEDS to happen, but they need to also keep pre and post fight testing in place!
__________________
-------------------
Dan The Ju
-------------------
DanTheJu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:06 AM   #29 (permalink)
OU
BOOMER SOONER
 
OU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,025
OU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stun Gun View Post
Exactly. So he's not a cheater OU.
Maybe if he spent less time fighting that cold and more time fighting his opponent he would still have a job! Kidding of course.
OU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:34 PM   #30 (permalink)
My name is Stun Gun and I want GSP
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 
Stun Gun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,002
Stun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings SystemStun Gun Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by OU View Post
Maybe if he spent less time fighting that cold and more time fighting his opponent he would still have a job! Kidding of course.
face palm.
__________________
Viva la Portugal!!!

Stun Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios