Diaz Cites Quebec Commission Irregularities, GSP Should Fight at 170 or Vacate Belt - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 03-26-2013, 08:37 PM   #11 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 926
Buakaw_GSP is on another level nowBuakaw_GSP is on another level nowBuakaw_GSP is on another level nowBuakaw_GSP is on another level nowBuakaw_GSP is on another level nowBuakaw_GSP is on another level nowBuakaw_GSP is on another level nowBuakaw_GSP is on another level nowBuakaw_GSP is on another level nowBuakaw_GSP is on another level nowBuakaw_GSP is on another level now
I guess this is how Diaz gets his rematch, the back door way. Now he needs to prove that GSP actually came over 170lbs by decimal points. Good Luck Nick.
Buakaw_GSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 03-26-2013, 09:40 PM   #12 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
duckyou666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 322
duckyou666 duckyou666 duckyou666 duckyou666 duckyou666 duckyou666 duckyou666 duckyou666 duckyou666 duckyou666 duckyou666
My god, Diaz is a moron. He does realize that if GSP missed weight, their fight would've been a non-title fight, nothing more, right? There would be no vacating the title, they would fight for no title, he'd be dominated, then they'd fight at a later date for the title, where he would get completely dominated again. Diaz is a tard. It's stupid that he thinks he has any right to force GSP to vacate the title when there is nothing in the rules to say that is what happens. Plus, has Quebec, or any Canadian commission ever used the decimal at the weigh in? **** it, let them fight again, in Vegas, where the commission says you have to be exactly on weight. Diaz loses, again. Under no circumstances does Diaz do anything but get outclassed for 5 rounds.

I've looked everywhere and I can't find where it says the champ has to vacate the title if he misses weight.
duckyou666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:50 PM   #13 (permalink)

 
Toxic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Posts: 21,033
Toxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among Men
Diaz should show some Shred of dignity and let go, he got dominated from bell to bell by an opponent who looked to be having an off night and fought 3 rounds exactly how Diaz wanted This was also a title fight that came gift wrapped because he had no business fighting for the title in the first place seeing as he failed to earn the shot.


Sent from Verticalsports.com App
__________________



"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Rafael Silva*Zach Makovsky*Michael Page



Toxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:56 PM   #14 (permalink)
of Nazareth
 
Soojooko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 8,041
Soojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckyou666 View Post
My god, Diaz is a moron. He does realize that if GSP missed weight, their fight would've been a non-title fight, nothing more, right? There would be no vacating the title, they would fight for no title, he'd be dominated, then they'd fight at a later date for the title, where he would get completely dominated again. Diaz is a tard. It's stupid that he thinks he has any right to force GSP to vacate the title when there is nothing in the rules to say that is what happens. Plus, has Quebec, or any Canadian commission ever used the decimal at the weigh in? **** it, let them fight again, in Vegas, where the commission says you have to be exactly on weight. Diaz loses, again. Under no circumstances does Diaz do anything but get outclassed for 5 rounds.

I've looked everywhere and I can't find where it says the champ has to vacate the title if he misses weight.
Are you sure about that?

I was under the impression MMA followed the same rules as boxing: If the belt holder misses weight he has to vacate the belt. If the challenger makes weight, he can then choose whether to go ahead with the fight. If he wins, then he gets the belt. If the overweight champ wins the belt remains vacant.
Soojooko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:03 PM   #15 (permalink)

 
Toxic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Posts: 21,033
Toxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among Men
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
Are you sure about that?

I was under the impression MMA followed the same rules as boxing: If the belt holder misses weight he has to vacate the belt. If the challenger makes weight, he can then choose whether to go ahead with the fight. If he wins, then he gets the belt. If the overweight champ wins the belt remains vacant.
Ask Chael Sonnen why he wasn't the last WEC champ after beating Fihlo


Sent from Verticalsports.com App
__________________



"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Rafael Silva*Zach Makovsky*Michael Page



Toxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:03 PM   #16 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
Fieos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,725
Fieos Is A BallerFieos Is A BallerFieos Is A BallerFieos Is A BallerFieos Is A BallerFieos Is A BallerFieos Is A BallerFieos Is A BallerFieos Is A BallerFieos Is A BallerFieos Is A Baller
I love me some GSP. That being said he's had some scandals...
Fieos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:10 PM   #17 (permalink)
of Nazareth
 
Soojooko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 8,041
Soojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
Ask Chael Sonnen why he wasn't the last WEC champ after beating Fihlo


Sent from Verticalsports.com App

Dunno. That why I'm bringing it up. All my googling has come up with zero information. A few sources claim it follows the same procedure as boxing, but nothing definitive.

I find it absurd that a champion can come in over weight and still keep his belt. What's stopping a champ from deliberately coming in over weight if they dont fancy their chances against the challenger? They fight at catchweight and he still keeps the belt. Its madness.

Not saying this is the case with GSP. But this area does seem a little murky.
Soojooko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:16 PM   #18 (permalink)

 
Toxic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Posts: 21,033
Toxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among Men
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
Dunno. That why I'm bringing it up. All my googling has come up with zero information. A few sources claim it follows the same procedure as boxing, but nothing definitive.

I find it absurd that a champion can come in over weight and still keep his belt. What's stopping a champ from deliberately coming in over weight if they dont fancy their chances against the challenger? They fight at catchweight and he still keeps the belt. Its madness.

Not saying this is the case with GSP. But this area does seem a little murky.
Fihlo was the WEC champ and came in grossly overweight His fight with Sonnen became a non title fight.


Sent from Verticalsports.com App
__________________



"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Rafael Silva*Zach Makovsky*Michael Page



Toxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:33 PM   #19 (permalink)
Light Heavyweight
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,023
rabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By All
remember when Diaz seemed cool?
rabakill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:38 PM   #20 (permalink)

 
Toxic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Posts: 21,033
Toxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among Men
I think somewhere Tito is kicking himself for never thinking up this crap


Sent from Verticalsports.com App
__________________



"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Rafael Silva*Zach Makovsky*Michael Page



Toxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios