***OFFICIAL*** Ben Henderson vs. Gilbert Melendez Thread - Page 22 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

View Poll Results: Your prediction
Ben Henderson (c) 46 77.97%
Gilbert Melendez 12 20.34%
Draw 1 1.69%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #211 of 251 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 01:34 AM
Featherweight
 
dsmjrv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: manhattan beach, CA
Posts: 1,019
                     
Cowgirl... Frankie won that fight... You know it, I know it, so does Boom... you're a Liar if you say otherwise

Head-butting fists and KOing the air is not effective striking.
dsmjrv is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #212 of 251 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 01:38 AM
Bantamweight
 
BOOM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 990
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar-Free_LizaG View Post
we should be seeing Melendez/Thomson IV for the title after tonight

but no, in all seriousness Bendo has had a few hard fights as champ, but only the Diaz win was truely convincing
Wrong, Bendo did more then enough to take the belt from Edgar and Edgar did nowhere near enough to get it back from the current champ.

Denial is a terrible thing.
BOOM is offline  
post #213 of 251 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 01:40 AM
HiiiPoWeR
 
Rauno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Estonia
Posts: 17,676
                     
Stop arguing like little children. Everyone has their opinions. Fact is the fight was controversial, the fact that a certain someone thinks it was one sided doesn't mean everyone has to agree.

Rauno is offline  
post #214 of 251 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 01:43 AM
The Chosen One
 
Cookie Monster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Canada's East Coast
Posts: 1,487
Blog Entries: 5
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmjrv View Post
Cowgirl... Frankie won that fight... You know it, I know it, so does Boom... you're a Liar if you say otherwise
Well, sorry I have my own opinion. You act as though judging is some form of concrete, absolute determination, when the fact of the matter is that it isn't. I don't wish to argue with you, I'll agree that your opinion is your own, and that mine is my own, therefore we should agree to disagree.

EDIT: I was working on my post while Rauno was busy posting, disregard this post as I don't wish to continue this argument.

The poster formerly known as Cowgirl


Thanks to Killz for the great sig!

Cookie Monster is offline  
post #215 of 251 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 01:44 AM
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 15,168
Blog Entries: 1
                     
yeah cut it out ladies or ill swing the banhammer on ya'll


Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is offline  
post #216 of 251 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 01:50 AM
Featherweight
 
dsmjrv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: manhattan beach, CA
Posts: 1,019
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowgirl View Post
Well, sorry I have my own opinion. You act as though judging is some form of concrete, absolute determination, when the fact of the matter is that it isn't. I don't wish to argue with you, I'll agree that your opinion is your own, and that mine is my own, therefore we should agree to disagree.

EDIT: I was working on my post while Rauno was busy posting, disregard this post as I don't wish to continue this argument.
yes. that's what i thought.

Head-butting fists and KOing the air is not effective striking.
dsmjrv is offline  
post #217 of 251 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 01:50 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Idaho
Posts: 2,848
                     
Watched the fight two more times.
I still stand by my opinion that Gilbert won 48-47, but I can SEE how some people thought Henderson won, as rounds two, three, and five were close. I thought the wrong guy won but I didn't think it was a robbery. Congrats to Ben, but the proposal was ******* stupid.
Couldn't have thought of a worse time.
TanyaJade is offline  
post #218 of 251 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 01:53 AM
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 15,168
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari View Post
Watched the fight two more times.
I still stand by my opinion that Gilbert won 48-47, but I can SEE how some people thought Henderson won, as rounds two, three, and five were close. I thought the wrong guy won but I didn't think it was a robbery. Congrats to Ben, but the proposal was ******* stupid.
Couldn't have thought of a worse time.
Agreed especially with the last part, what a tacky romcom sitcom proposal that was. At any moment zach galifinakis was gonna come out and object to the marriage.


Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is offline  
post #219 of 251 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 01:53 AM
The Chosen One
 
Cookie Monster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Canada's East Coast
Posts: 1,487
Blog Entries: 5
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari View Post
Watched the fight two more times.
I still stand by my opinion that Gilbert won 48-47, but I can SEE how some people thought Henderson won, as rounds two, three, and five were close. I thought the wrong guy won but I didn't think it was a robbery. Congrats to Ben, but the proposal was ******* stupid.
Couldn't have thought of a worse time.

This post basically sums up my feelings about the match, also yeah, who wants to propose in front of a stadium full of booing fans? Little strange but much respect, I blew my proposal, now I'm single.

The poster formerly known as Cowgirl


Thanks to Killz for the great sig!

Cookie Monster is offline  
post #220 of 251 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 01:56 AM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 315
                     
i wonder how upset people would get if i compared this decision to machida/rua?
usernamewoman is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome