Gonzaga to Challenge Loss to Browne - Page 6 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 81 (permalink) Old 04-17-2013, 05:27 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 122
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voiceless View Post
Maybe fighters also should stop hiding behind illegal areas of their body. Those illegal zones were introduced for fighters' safety, not for tactical use. Positioning yourself in a way that is leaving only those illegal zones available for the opponent to attack is a loophole in the rules that should be considered as cowardice like running away from the fight. Same with fighters touching the ground with their finger tip to become a "downed opponent".
I see your point, but I still disagree.
Machoman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #52 of 81 (permalink) Old 04-17-2013, 06:03 PM
Black & Gold
 
Purgetheweak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 634
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voiceless View Post
Maybe fighters also should stop hiding behind illegal areas of their body. Those illegal zones were introduced for fighters' safety, not for tactical use. Positioning yourself in a way that is leaving only those illegal zones available for the opponent to attack is a loophole in the rules that should be considered as cowardice like running away from the fight. Same with fighters touching the ground with their finger tip to become a "downed opponent".
This. Two of the fights on that card were "controversial" only because the "victim" was either abusing the rules, or was rendered unconscious and fell into an elbow. At worst, Gonzaga could criticize the ref for letting him take an elbow while clearly out. Travis Browne can't be held responsible for the directions Gonzaga turns his head. If I decide to fight you by spinning 180 degrees every time you throw punches, you can hardly be DQ'd for illegal shots.

D. Cerrone | R. Souza | F. Werdum | R. MacDonald | M. McDonald | D. Maia | J. Mein | C. Condit
M. Coenen | S. Kaufman | A. Davis

Purgetheweak is offline  
post #53 of 81 (permalink) Old 04-17-2013, 06:05 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 54
               
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voiceless View Post
Maybe fighters also should stop hiding behind illegal areas of their body. Those illegal zones were introduced for fighters' safety, not for tactical use. Positioning yourself in a way that is leaving only those illegal zones available for the opponent to attack is a loophole in the rules that should be considered as cowardice like running away from the fight. Same with fighters touching the ground with their finger tip to become a "downed opponent".
This is a good point and this is maybe what went through gonzaga's mind at that moment.

And i have no problem with your point, what i have problem with is the way Travis (and his buddy acomplice the referee) decided to finish Napao. If you ask me ..that is truly a cowardice.
iksanivica is offline  
post #54 of 81 (permalink) Old 04-17-2013, 06:09 PM
Black & Gold
 
Purgetheweak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 634
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by iksanivica View Post
This is a good point and this is maybe what went through gonzaga's mind at that moment.

And i have no problem with your point, what i have problem with is the way Travis (and his buddy acomplice the referee) decided to finish Napao. If you ask me ..that is truly a cowardice.
How the hell is that cowardice? Elbows are a legitimate move, and are devastating at that, I wish more people who win fights by pushing against the cage for 15 minutes got elbowed in the side of the head.

D. Cerrone | R. Souza | F. Werdum | R. MacDonald | M. McDonald | D. Maia | J. Mein | C. Condit
M. Coenen | S. Kaufman | A. Davis

Purgetheweak is offline  
post #55 of 81 (permalink) Old 04-17-2013, 06:11 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 54
               
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purgetheweak View Post
This. Two of the fights on that card were "controversial" only because the "victim" was either abusing the rules, or was rendered unconscious and fell into an elbow. At worst, Gonzaga could criticize the ref for letting him take an elbow while clearly out. Travis Browne can't be held responsible for the directions Gonzaga turns his head. If I decide to fight you by spinning 180 degrees every time you throw punches, you can hardly be DQ'd for illegal shots.
No this is simply NOT true. There is a big difference between an accidental and intentional punch.

I don't care if your instinct tells you "Finish him to the back of head" or if you need the big lump of money Fertida casino experts will pay you, you HAVE to respect the rules if you HAVE a choice.

By the position of Gonzaga's head i can assure you that was NOT an accidental shot 10000%.

So this needs to be sanctioned, end of story.
iksanivica is offline  
post #56 of 81 (permalink) Old 04-17-2013, 06:14 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 54
               
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purgetheweak View Post
How the hell is that cowardice? Elbows are a legitimate move, and are devastating at that, I wish more people who win fights by pushing against the cage for 15 minutes got elbowed in the side of the head.
NOOO!
Not if they are to the back of head. Or...according to the Wikipedia....

"12-6 Elbow

A "12-6 elbow" is a strike that is brought from a high position ("12 o'clock") and travels vertically toward the floor ("6 o'clock"), dropping the point of the elbow directly on the target. This type of elbow is illegal in many MMA organizations, including the UFC and Strikeforce.[4] UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Jon Jones received the only loss of his career after being disqualified due to using a 12-6 elbow."

Those are not One but Two major fauls in multiple times!
iksanivica is offline  
post #57 of 81 (permalink) Old 04-17-2013, 06:29 PM
Black & Gold
 
Purgetheweak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 634
                     
You're acting like the elbow was intentional, there's no way Browne could have known that in that split second, Gonzaga's head was going to turn the 25 degrees necessary to make the elbow illegal.

D. Cerrone | R. Souza | F. Werdum | R. MacDonald | M. McDonald | D. Maia | J. Mein | C. Condit
M. Coenen | S. Kaufman | A. Davis

Purgetheweak is offline  
post #58 of 81 (permalink) Old 04-17-2013, 06:30 PM
Black & Gold
 
Purgetheweak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 634
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by iksanivica View Post
NOOO!
Not if they are to the back of head. Or...according to the Wikipedia....

"12-6 Elbow

A "12-6 elbow" is a strike that is brought from a high position ("12 o'clock") and travels vertically toward the floor ("6 o'clock"), dropping the point of the elbow directly on the target. This type of elbow is illegal in many MMA organizations, including the UFC and Strikeforce.[4] UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Jon Jones received the only loss of his career after being disqualified due to using a 12-6 elbow."

Those are not One but Two major fauls in multiple times!
Browne didn't throw any 12-6 elbows, at worst they were about 10-4, which by the strict terms used in the rules, are NOT illegal.

D. Cerrone | R. Souza | F. Werdum | R. MacDonald | M. McDonald | D. Maia | J. Mein | C. Condit
M. Coenen | S. Kaufman | A. Davis

Purgetheweak is offline  
post #59 of 81 (permalink) Old 04-17-2013, 06:30 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 54
               
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purgetheweak View Post
You're acting like the elbow was intentional, there's no way Browne could have known that in that split second, Gonzaga's head was going to turn the 25 degrees necessary to make the elbow illegal.
First of all 12/6 elbows are ilegal , there are so many wrong things and referee mistakes it's ridicolous, here i m done with this case.
iksanivica is offline  
post #60 of 81 (permalink) Old 04-17-2013, 06:34 PM
The Fun Police
 
Killz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: UK... Where the sun never shines.
Posts: 11,301
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by iksanivica View Post
First of all 12/6 elbows are ilegal , there are so many wrong things and referee mistakes it's ridicolous, here i m done with this case.
He didn't throw any 12-6 elbows.



Killz is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome