***OFFICIAL*** Jon Jones vs. Chael Sonnen Thread - Page 25 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

View Poll Results: Your prediction

Jon Jones 48 71.64%
Chael Sonnen 17 25.37%
Draw 2 2.99%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply

Old 04-28-2013, 01:12 AM   #241 (permalink)
I Finish Threads
 
HexRei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,319
HexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By All
The awesome thing about being a Chael fan is there's an excuse for every loss.
__________________
His helmet was stifling, it narrowed his vision. And he must see far. His shield was heavy. It threw him off balance. And his target is far away.
HexRei is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 04-28-2013, 01:14 AM   #242 (permalink)
You're Welcome.
 
Canadian Psycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Eh?
Posts: 7,494
Canadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF Material
No excuse. Just reality.

For instance: Sonnen lost the first fight against Anderson, fair and square. Silva cheated in their second fight. And this fight with Jones was stopped early.

All facts.
Canadian Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:15 AM   #243 (permalink)
MMA Patriot
 
americanfighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: louisville ky
Posts: 4,000
americanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Psycho View Post
No excuse. Just reality.

For instance: Sonnen lost the first fight against Anderson, fair and square. Silva cheated in their second fight. And this fight with Jones was stopped early.

All facts.
agreed
__________________
"The fat man flies at midnight"
americanfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:16 AM   #244 (permalink)
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 13,878
Blog Entries: 1
UFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Psycho View Post
No excuse. Just reality.

For instance: Sonnen lost the first fight against Anderson, fair and square. Silva cheated in their second fight. And this fight with Jones was stopped early.

All facts.
Eaxctly, you claim you don't hate chael hexrei but I really don't believe you at all
__________________

Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:16 AM   #245 (permalink)
WEC For Life
 
HitOrGetHit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 17,964
Blog Entries: 13
HitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Psycho View Post
No excuse. Just reality.

For instance: Sonnen cheated and still lost the first fight against Anderson, fair and square. Silva cheated in their second fight. And this fight with Jones was stopped early.

All facts.
__________________


"Don't be shocked that people die. Be surprised you're still alive."
HitOrGetHit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:18 AM   #246 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
dlxrevolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,500
dlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level now
Wasn't an early stoppage at all, in my eye's. In championship fights, the Champion will more than likely have more leverage than the challenger, which is why the Lesner fight wasn't stopped. Also, it's CLEAR that Jon was the better fighter today. Jon had Sonnen up against the cage, knee'd him in the chest, and was raining punches until Chael couldn't intelligently defend himself. I'd rather a fighter get stopped early and the better fighter win than the fight to end in a NC because if a freak injury.
dlxrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:18 AM   #247 (permalink)
I Finish Threads
 
HexRei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,319
HexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Psycho View Post
No excuse. Just reality.

For instance: Sonnen lost the first fight against Anderson, fair and square. Silva cheated in their second fight. And this fight with Jones was stopped early.

All facts.
How can something that is by definition subjective be a fact?
__________________
His helmet was stifling, it narrowed his vision. And he must see far. His shield was heavy. It threw him off balance. And his target is far away.
HexRei is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:19 AM   #248 (permalink)
MMA Patriot
 
americanfighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: louisville ky
Posts: 4,000
americanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitOrGetHit View Post
yeah and he got what he deserved lost and suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlxrevolution View Post
Wasn't an early stoppage at all, in my eye's. In championship fights, the Champion will more than likely have more leverage than the challenger, which is why the Lesner fight wasn't stopped. Also, it's CLEAR that Jon was the better fighter today. Jon had Sonnen up against the cage, knee'd him in the chest, and was raining punches until Chael couldn't intelligently defend himself. I'd rather a fighter get stopped early and the better fight win than the fight to end in a NC because if a freak injury.
really i think all fights should be called like the lesner fight if the fighter is not in danger of serious injury let them fight. Just because jones was winning doesn't justify an early stoppage. you don't know what would have happened had the fight continued.
__________________
"The fat man flies at midnight"

Last edited by HitOrGetHit : 04-28-2013 at 01:27 AM. Reason: Double Post
americanfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:21 AM   #249 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 260
paulfromtulsa will become famous soon enoughpaulfromtulsa will become famous soon enoughpaulfromtulsa will become famous soon enoughpaulfromtulsa will become famous soon enoughpaulfromtulsa will become famous soon enoughpaulfromtulsa will become famous soon enoughpaulfromtulsa will become famous soon enoughpaulfromtulsa will become famous soon enoughpaulfromtulsa will become famous soon enoughpaulfromtulsa will become famous soon enoughpaulfromtulsa will become famous soon enough
Oh my toe :/

Did you guys see that thing
paulfromtulsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:30 AM   #250 (permalink)
'England Elite'
 
hixxy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: England
Posts: 4,432
hixxy Is A Pound 4 Pound Greathixxy Is A Pound 4 Pound Greathixxy Is A Pound 4 Pound Greathixxy Is A Pound 4 Pound Greathixxy Is A Pound 4 Pound Greathixxy Is A Pound 4 Pound Greathixxy Is A Pound 4 Pound Greathixxy Is A Pound 4 Pound Greathixxy Is A Pound 4 Pound Greathixxy Is A Pound 4 Pound Greathixxy Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Your toe? No i didnt.
__________________

2012 FFL WINNER
CPL RECORDS
UFC 41-27-2 Strikeforce 10-4
hixxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios