Illegal elbow rocked Chael - Page 7 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 05-02-2013, 04:19 PM   #61 (permalink)
All Around Nice Guy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,747
SideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bresko View Post
You say that, and it is true, but a Triathlete would gas in a 3 round MMA fight..
Yeah there is actually a scientific reason for this that iv read before. A Triathlete can usually breath while running but if you are wrestling or in an MMA fight your breathing gets disrupted pretty often and you dont truly get your breathing rhythm back until you are in the guard or standing and separated. Shorter bursts with less air intake require a different sort of Cardio. They have a term for this but im unfamiliar with it. Anyway its part of the reason people put their hands over peoples mouth to disrupt their breathing. And obviously it could mentally make them go in a panic (But unlikely if you ask me.)
__________________
SideWays222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 05-03-2013, 10:59 AM   #62 (permalink)
Middleweight
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Neo-Babylon
Posts: 2,566
Voiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideWays222 View Post
Yeah there is actually a scientific reason for this that iv read before. A Triathlete can usually breath while running but if you are wrestling or in an MMA fight your breathing gets disrupted pretty often and you dont truly get your breathing rhythm back until you are in the guard or standing and separated. Shorter bursts with less air intake require a different sort of Cardio. They have a term for this but im unfamiliar with it. Anyway its part of the reason people put their hands over peoples mouth to disrupt their breathing. And obviously it could mentally make them go in a panic (But unlikely if you ask me.)
The difference is that endurance sports like triathlon are good for your cardio base and aerobic endurance, in particular lung capacities and how much oxygen your blood can transport, but wrestling training has more influence on how well your muscles make use of that oxygen in your blood and how fast there is an overproduction of lactic acids. While triathlon is almost completely aerobic, fighting is both aerobic and anaerobic.
__________________
Voiceless is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:00 PM   #63 (permalink)
Super Heavyweight
 
AlphaDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,007
AlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDPofDRB View Post
I think the ref made the right call about the elbow not being a violation of the rule.

12 O-clock to 6 O-clock elbows, has they were originally and time and time again described, are not only being about a 90 degree angle but being brought down from the high 12 o-clock position, as in an elbow or at least fist raised high, like above the head, and brought straight down to the 6 O-clock position. They are described as ceiling to the floor elbows, implying their high originating position.

Looking at the two gif animations,, (edit that, I could of swore the OP had originally posted a gif of the elbow sequence, I'm assuming what I'm saying here was pointed out and it was switched with an image after the fact) (and edit again, the OP confirms he originally posted a gif about 6 or 7 posts down, but now, it is the .png we see today...)in the first two posts it's very clear to see the difference between short, what I would call 6 O-clock to 6 O-clock, 90 degree elbows and the brought down from high, true 12 O-clock to 6 O-clock elbows Jones landed on Hamill.

Now the part I don't know if it is or is not true is that they made the rule as a response to professional martial arts stone/brick/block breakers using the move to break large quantities of solid materials and the implications of using such moves on fighters in MMA matches.

I don't consider there to be a argument on this, imo there is no legitimacy to the complaints levied towards that one elbow.

In fact, I'm trying to find a this discussion somewhere, anywhere else on the web. Mmaforum.com is really the only place on the web I've seen this conversation take place, even onshitdog I haven't seen a thread about this. Fact that this thread is second only to a site called IllegalElbow.com that has a preview article about UFC 159 on a google search of illegal+elbow+sonnen+forum is enough that I'd shut this fradulent conversation down to the garbage section for the rep of this site.
Nope, I only posted one gif. I don't know why you're making shit up. Oh wait. After looking at your other posts, it looks like you have trouble reading. You should work on that some time.

Also, you probably shouldn't post in a thread if you hate it so much. Otherwise you're just keeping the "fraudulent" conversation going. I imagine this is all going over your head though, since you can't read.
AlphaDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:11 PM   #64 (permalink)
OU
BOOMER SOONER
 
OU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,068
OU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDawg View Post
Nope, I only posted one gif. I don't know why you're making shit up. Oh wait. After looking at your other posts, it looks like you have trouble reading. You should work on that some time.

Also, you probably shouldn't post in a thread if you hate it so much. Otherwise you're just keeping the "fraudulent" conversation going. I imagine this is all going over your head though, since you can't read.
Are you really that offended that he doesn't agree with you? Plenty of people don't think that was an illegal elbow, myself included.
OU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:21 PM   #65 (permalink)
Super Heavyweight
 
AlphaDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,007
AlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By AllAlphaDawg Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by OU View Post
Are you really that offended that he doesn't agree with you? Plenty of people don't think that was an illegal elbow, myself included.
Not at all. If I was offended by people not agreeing with me, wouldn't I be going after majority of the people in this thread?

He implied I removed something from my post because someone pointed out I was wrong. He then somehow confirmed that through one of my posts, even though I never even mentioned it.
AlphaDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios