Chael Sonnen will fight on at 205 pounds, wants Wanderlei Silva - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 05-01-2013, 04:24 PM   #21 (permalink)
It Lurks...
 
evilappendix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NOLA
Posts: 520
evilappendix Is True Champion Of Knowledgeevilappendix Is True Champion Of Knowledgeevilappendix Is True Champion Of Knowledgeevilappendix Is True Champion Of Knowledgeevilappendix Is True Champion Of Knowledgeevilappendix Is True Champion Of Knowledgeevilappendix Is True Champion Of Knowledgeevilappendix Is True Champion Of Knowledgeevilappendix Is True Champion Of Knowledgeevilappendix Is True Champion Of Knowledgeevilappendix Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Well if anyone can turn a Wandy fight into a boring lay-n-pray decision, it's Chael P Sonnen! Wand should practice only jitz leading up to this and choke the choke artist out. Chael by decision is most probable though since Wanderlei is content to stand and swing for the fences all day which will lead to many take downs followed up with just enough pitter-patter fists from Chael to keep from being stood up. My heart says Wand my brain says Chael. Stupid brain! WAR WAND!!!
evilappendix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 05-01-2013, 04:26 PM   #22 (permalink)
Welterweight
 
GDPofDRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,156
GDPofDRB Is Beyond A Rankings SystemGDPofDRB Is Beyond A Rankings SystemGDPofDRB Is Beyond A Rankings SystemGDPofDRB Is Beyond A Rankings SystemGDPofDRB Is Beyond A Rankings SystemGDPofDRB Is Beyond A Rankings SystemGDPofDRB Is Beyond A Rankings SystemGDPofDRB Is Beyond A Rankings SystemGDPofDRB Is Beyond A Rankings SystemGDPofDRB Is Beyond A Rankings SystemGDPofDRB Is Beyond A Rankings System
Trying to think of the last fight of Wanderlei's where he spent a significant amount of time on his back or on the mat in general.....
GDPofDRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:35 PM   #23 (permalink)
You're Welcome.
 
Canadian Psycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Eh?
Posts: 7,323
Canadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDPofDRB View Post
Trying to think of the last fight of Wanderlei's where he spent a significant amount of time on his back or on the mat in general.....
No one's ever really tried to take him down. It actually amazes me how many people have been willing to engage with Wand on the feet. Chael won't indulge him.
Canadian Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:38 PM   #24 (permalink)
It Lurks...
 
evilappendix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NOLA
Posts: 520
evilappendix Is True Champion Of Knowledgeevilappendix Is True Champion Of Knowledgeevilappendix Is True Champion Of Knowledgeevilappendix Is True Champion Of Knowledgeevilappendix Is True Champion Of Knowledgeevilappendix Is True Champion Of Knowledgeevilappendix Is True Champion Of Knowledgeevilappendix Is True Champion Of Knowledgeevilappendix Is True Champion Of Knowledgeevilappendix Is True Champion Of Knowledgeevilappendix Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDPofDRB View Post
Trying to think of the last fight of Wanderlei's where he spent a significant amount of time on his back or on the mat in general.....
Maybe his loss to Arona in the Grand Prix? Tito also beat him via lay-n-pray for the UFC title I think.
evilappendix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:49 PM   #25 (permalink)
Welterweight
 
GDPofDRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,156
GDPofDRB Is Beyond A Rankings SystemGDPofDRB Is Beyond A Rankings SystemGDPofDRB Is Beyond A Rankings SystemGDPofDRB Is Beyond A Rankings SystemGDPofDRB Is Beyond A Rankings SystemGDPofDRB Is Beyond A Rankings SystemGDPofDRB Is Beyond A Rankings SystemGDPofDRB Is Beyond A Rankings SystemGDPofDRB Is Beyond A Rankings SystemGDPofDRB Is Beyond A Rankings SystemGDPofDRB Is Beyond A Rankings System
I recall Bisping landing a takedown near the end of a round but he instantly got caught up in a choke and was saved by the bell. He stuffed several attempts by Bisping that fight and popped back up from a few others almost instantly.

In both Franklin fight, he could never keep him down for long if he managed to drag Silva down.

He was able to give a typical Wanderlei sprawl through Rampapge's takedown attempts.

Chuck got a few memorable takedowns on him, memorable beacuse everyone was like WTF? Silva was back on his feet though from those pretty quick.

Silva isn't a guy that anyone has had any recent success with in trying to get or keeping him down. I could see Chale being subbed again on the mat or eating shots to the face in his attempts to score a take down.

It'll be a good fight to make money on I have a feeling. Wanderlei is just a much better fighter.
GDPofDRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:52 PM   #26 (permalink)
BEWARE OF THE PENGUIN!
 
No_Mercy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,210
No_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF Material
This is the type of fight Wanderlei thrives on.

If I were Wandy's coach I would put him through all conditioning workouts where he gets near his level at Pride.

Non-stop Darude Sandstorm maniac mode in the Octagon even if he gets taken down majority of the fight. He can end it with a wild power punch in a scramble.

Fight is pure entertainment value.

*Note* Wandy got taken down against Rampage, grinded out against Arona and yes Tito even though they always show clips of Wandy chasing Tito down...hahahaha.
Actually the last time was against Crocop. That was brutal.
__________________
Marcus Aurelius: Tell me again, Maximus, why are we here?
Maximus: For the glory of the Empire, sire.

Baked, not fried... the healthy choice.

No_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:55 PM   #27 (permalink)
OU
BOOMER SOONER
 
OU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,068
OU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDPofDRB View Post
I recall Bisping landing a takedown near the end of a round but he instantly got caught up in a choke and was saved by the bell. He stuffed several attempts by Bisping that fight and popped back up from a few others almost instantly.

In both Franklin fight, he could never keep him down for long if he managed to drag Silva down.

He was able to give a typical Wanderlei sprawl through Rampapge's takedown attempts.

Chuck got a few memorable takedowns on him, memorable beacuse everyone was like WTF? Silva was back on his feet though from those pretty quick.

Silva isn't a guy that anyone has had any recent success with in trying to get or keeping him down. I could see Chale being subbed again on the mat or eating shots to the face in his attempts to score a take down.

It'll be a good fight to make money on I have a feeling. Wanderlei is just a much better fighter.
I agree, but Chael has a ton of fans on here that overrate the shit out of him. Half of them are just an act.
OU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:59 PM   #28 (permalink)
Welterweight
 
GDPofDRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,156
GDPofDRB Is Beyond A Rankings SystemGDPofDRB Is Beyond A Rankings SystemGDPofDRB Is Beyond A Rankings SystemGDPofDRB Is Beyond A Rankings SystemGDPofDRB Is Beyond A Rankings SystemGDPofDRB Is Beyond A Rankings SystemGDPofDRB Is Beyond A Rankings SystemGDPofDRB Is Beyond A Rankings SystemGDPofDRB Is Beyond A Rankings SystemGDPofDRB Is Beyond A Rankings SystemGDPofDRB Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Mercy View Post
This is the type of fight Wanderlei thrives on.

If I were Wandy's coach I would put him through all conditioning workouts where he gets near his level at Pride.

Non-stop Darude Sandstorm maniac mode in the Octagon even if he gets taken down majority of the fight. He can end it with a wild power punch in a scramble.

Fight is pure entertainment value.

*Note* Wandy got taken down against Rampage, grinded out against Arona and yes Tito even though they always show clips of Wandy chasing Tito down...hahahaha.
Actually the last time was against Crocop. That was brutal.
Yeah, I watched that Cro Cop fight and CC vs Barnett just a few days ago again for fun.

Wanderlei got into Mirko's head and not in a good way. He was pissed and an animal against Wanderlei that fight.
GDPofDRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:08 PM   #29 (permalink)
You're Welcome.
 
Canadian Psycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Eh?
Posts: 7,323
Canadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by OU View Post
I agree, but Chael has a ton of fans on here that overrate the shit out of him. Half of them are just an act.
It's hardly an act, and I hardly overrate him. Losing to Jones and Anderson doesn't make Chael Sonnen a scrub. If you take away his losses to Jones and Anderson, the man is 12-1 since 2006. I'm telling you right now... he would easily outwork and defeat Wand Silva. There is no question.

Acting like Chael will have a hard time taking old man Wand down because Mike Bisping couldn't do it is a laugh riot. Seriously... 2,000,000 credits. You and me. Though you may as well just give them to me now.

Chael loses to the top two P4P best, and he's overrated. Wand KOs Brian Stann, and he's on a career resurgence. And people say Sonnen fans buy into the hype
Canadian Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:18 PM   #30 (permalink)
OU
BOOMER SOONER
 
OU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,068
OU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Psycho View Post
It's hardly an act, and I hardly overrate him. Losing to Jones and Anderson doesn't make Chael Sonnen a scrub. If you take away his losses to Jones and Anderson, the man is 12-1 since 2006. I'm telling you right now... he would easily outwork and defeat Wand Silva. There is no question.

Acting like Chael will have a hard time taking old man Wand down because Mike Bisping couldn't do it is a laugh riot. Seriously... 2,000,000 credits. You and me. Though you may as well just give them to me now.

Chael loses to the top two P4P best, and he's overrated. Wand KOs Brian Stann, and he's on a career resurgence. And people say Sonnen fans buy into the hype
The Chael vs. thread I created was just insane with the number of people picking Chael to beat these top 10 LHW. Remember you jumping on me for picking Hendo over Chael? Like that was somehow some kind of major upset.

I already told you I'll match you credit for credit.
OU is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios