Chael Sonnen "Wanderlei pulled a real dirt bag move on me" - Page 4 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 05-03-2013, 01:30 AM   #31 (permalink)
All Around Nice Guy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,760
SideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings System
People overrate blood so ridiculously much. A tiny gash on the forehead/top of the head can create a pool of blood. Hell man 90% of the time when i bleed im not in any pain. People make a much bigger deal out of it then it is. Especially when we are talking about a cut on the head.
__________________
SideWays222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 05-03-2013, 03:30 PM   #32 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 641
spaulding91 has much to be proud ofspaulding91 has much to be proud ofspaulding91 has much to be proud ofspaulding91 has much to be proud ofspaulding91 has much to be proud ofspaulding91 has much to be proud ofspaulding91 has much to be proud ofspaulding91 has much to be proud ofspaulding91 has much to be proud ofspaulding91 has much to be proud ofspaulding91 has much to be proud of
Once Wandy goes on the rant you can tell Chael can't fully understand him. He just said sure, sure, and thank you which didn't make sense to what Wandy was saying. At no point did Chael look nervous or intimidated.
spaulding91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:36 PM   #33 (permalink)
LL
Cruz Control
 
LL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ocean Front Property in Arizona.
Posts: 8,890
LL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilappendix View Post
Wand tells Fhael to his face to show more respect when selling fights. Fhael then responds ages later via the internet by saying Wand is a dirtbag and he didn't understand his English... Classic Fhael.
Fail?

Chael didn't lose in under a minute to Leben.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
__________________
2013 VIP FFL Champion
THE RETURN - 9/27/14
Machida - Alves - Cruz - JDS - Weidman - Condit - Pettis - Edgar - Cowboy - Dodson - Okami
LL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:53 PM   #34 (permalink)
Ultra-weight
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,227
jonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
Fail?

Chael didn't lose in under a minute to Leben.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
I don't think Chael has fought Leban.
jonnyg4508 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:03 PM   #35 (permalink)
"Focus"
 
Life B Ez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 8,834
Life B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 View Post
I don't think Chael has fought Leban.
I think their only common opponent is Bisping. Who they both beat by somewhat controversial decision.

Edit: Forgot Brian Stann, who they both beat as well. In the second round, though Chael dominated and Wand had a back and forth war.
__________________
Think. It Ain't Illegal Yet
"Discipline Hurts Less Than Regret"

Last edited by Life B Ez : 05-03-2013 at 06:06 PM.
Life B Ez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:13 PM   #36 (permalink)
Ultra-weight
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,227
jonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life B Ez View Post
I think their only common opponent is Bisping. Who they both beat by somewhat controversial decision.

Edit: Forgot Brian Stann, who they both beat as well. In the second round, though Chael dominated and Wand has a back and forth war.
Wandy tends to not care if it is a war. Chael's style makes his wins much more one-sided.

I enjoyed Wandys win over Stann and Bisping more than I did Chael's.

Chael most likely beats him via wrestling. Wandy DOES have good enough BJJ to sub him. But after Silva 2 and Bones...you have to think he spent quality time doing BJJ with Vinny. Would love to see Wandy blitz him from the start.

Glad to see Wandy sticking to 205. I think Belfort should as well.
jonnyg4508 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:18 PM   #37 (permalink)
"Focus"
 
Life B Ez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 8,834
Life B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 View Post
Wandy tends to not care if it is a war. Chael's style makes his wins much more one-sided.

I enjoyed Wandys win over Stann and Bisping more than I did Chael's.

Chael most likely beats him via wrestling. Wandy DOES have good enough BJJ to sub him. But after Silva 2 and Bones...you have to think he spent quality time doing BJJ with Vinny. Would love to see Wandy blitz him from the start.

Glad to see Wandy sticking to 205. I think Belfort should as well.
Wand yes, Vitor no. Wand is irrelevant at this point, he might as well just have some fun fights where he isn't killing himself to make weight. Vitor could make his way back to a title shot at 185.
__________________
Think. It Ain't Illegal Yet
"Discipline Hurts Less Than Regret"
Life B Ez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:30 PM   #38 (permalink)
Ultra-weight
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,227
jonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life B Ez View Post
Wand yes, Vitor no. Wand is irrelevant at this point, he might as well just have some fun fights where he isn't killing himself to make weight. Vitor could make his way back to a title shot at 185.
I agree that Vitor is perhaps a win away from getting a rematch with Anderson. Where as at 205 he won't get another most likely. And that is probably why he is at 185 still. Can't blame him.

But I remember for the Rumble fight he was sucking on ice inside a towel. He had a real tough cut.

At 205 he wouldn't kill himself. Even tho he still gassed vs. Bones...he was a lot stronger/fresh in that fight than he is after 2 or 3 rounds at 185. Plus there are just better fights at 205.

Vitor/Hendo
Vitor/Glover
Vitor/Chael
Vitor/Mousasi
Vitor/Lil Nog
Vitor/Bader

Those all seem like bigger/awesome fights. At 185 I would really only get excited for Vitor/Stann or something. Part of me wants to see him lose vs. Rockhold and go back to 205 for a few big name fights before he calls it quits.
jonnyg4508 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:36 PM   #39 (permalink)
Heavyweight
 
MMA-Sportsman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: "Runway Ahead" "Landing"
Posts: 3,836
MMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideWays222 View Post
People overrate blood so ridiculously much. A tiny gash on the forehead/top of the head can create a pool of blood. Hell man 90% of the time when i bleed im not in any pain. People make a much bigger deal out of it then it is. Especially when we are talking about a cut on the head.
Uncontrolled bleeding became an official reason to stop the fight in the new Jungle Fight rules. I tend to agree with that. I think it transcends the sport when someone is bleeding so much. It's unhygienic to say the least, grossly unappealing for a TV level show/sport and if the gash is spilling that much blood it is deep enough to collect all sort of dirties/germs straight into deeper levels of the flesh, open road to all sort of infections(differently from a scratch or superficial cut where the bleeding can be easily controlled). Those are specialists words (not me, though).
__________________
"In GOD, we trust. Everything else, we check."
MMA-Sportsman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:54 PM   #40 (permalink)
"Focus"
 
Life B Ez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 8,834
Life B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 View Post
I agree that Vitor is perhaps a win away from getting a rematch with Anderson. Where as at 205 he won't get another most likely. And that is probably why he is at 185 still. Can't blame him.

But I remember for the Rumble fight he was sucking on ice inside a towel. He had a real tough cut.

At 205 he wouldn't kill himself. Even tho he still gassed vs. Bones...he was a lot stronger/fresh in that fight than he is after 2 or 3 rounds at 185. Plus there are just better fights at 205.

Vitor/Hendo
Vitor/Glover
Vitor/Chael
Vitor/Mousasi
Vitor/Lil Nog
Vitor/Bader

Those all seem like bigger/awesome fights. At 185 I would really only get excited for Vitor/Stann or something. Part of me wants to see him lose vs. Rockhold and go back to 205 for a few big name fights before he calls it quits.
The Rumble fight was in Brazil, it's always a harder cut for guys in another country away from what they are comfortable with.

Also Vitor would for sure lose to Henderson and Glover, most likely lose to Moose. Chael and Bader would wrestle **** him. The only fight I give Vitor there is Nog. Not to mention Jones isn't getting caught in that armbar again, Vitor has a much better shot at fighting for and winning a title at MW. Plus I think he's looked very good there. He's bulked up some, but if he thinned back out like he was against Anderson he could beat Munoz, Okami, Rockhold, Lombard, Phillopoo(sp didn't even try) and probably Jacarce as well. Those are top ten guys.

Vitor might be older, but he's far from irrelevant like Wand. No matter where Wand goes he's never breaking the top five, hell maybe the top ten again.
__________________
Think. It Ain't Illegal Yet
"Discipline Hurts Less Than Regret"
Life B Ez is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios