Mark Hunt arrested in New Zealand, visa denied for flight to Las Vegas - Page 5 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-09-2013, 11:52 PM
You're Welcome.
 
Canadian Psycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Eh?
Posts: 7,723
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bresko View Post
How will you feel if JDS gets KOed?
I'm a huge fan of JDS, but Mark Hunt landing the KO would be my biggest MMA mark-out moment to date.
Canadian Psycho is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 12:23 AM
All Around Nice Guy
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,760
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Psycho View Post
I'm a huge fan of JDS, but Mark Hunt landing the KO would be my biggest MMA mark-out moment to date.
Dude i would love for Mark Hunt to knock out JDS. Not Because i dislike JDS but because Mark Hunt is writing such an awesome story right now and for him to get a knock out vs JDS would be so freaking awesome. The guy who the UFC offered to just pay for his fights and let him go coming back to knock out the number 2 best HW in the world??!!

Epic.

I also love how Hunt lands that KO punch and immediately knows it is over and walks away. He doesn't start raging on the persons face he just walks away like a badass and if the ref does not call it he walks right back not skipping a beat to finish the job.

SideWays222 is offline  
post #43 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 12:49 AM
JWP
Featherweight
 
JWP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 1,138
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideWays222 View Post
Dude i would love for Mark Hunt to knock out JDS. Not Because i dislike JDS but because Mark Hunt is writing such an awesome story right now and for him to get a knock out vs JDS would be so freaking awesome. The guy who the UFC offered to just pay for his fights and let him go coming back to knock out the number 2 best HW in the world??!!

Epic.

I also love how Hunt lands that KO punch and immediately knows it is over and walks away. He doesn't start raging on the persons face he just walks away like a badass and if the ref does not call it he walks right back not skipping a beat to finish the job.

well said, I pretty much agree with everything here

I guess the good thing as a big mark hunt fan and a fan of jds is if jds gets the win its not the end of the world for Hunt

This is the first year I remember looking forward to a fight more than Anderson. Cant wait

Favourite Fighters
Anderson Silva
Mark Hunt
Bisping
Fedor
Machida
Pettis
Aldo
McGregor
'John' Wayne Parr
Nathan 'Carnage' Corbett
Bruce Lee
JWP is offline  
post #44 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 01:03 AM
ROCKET FISTS
 
khoveraki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,743
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bresko View Post
How will you feel if JDS gets KOed?
I would feel sick to my stomach and still be confident that JDS is the #1 heavyweight in the world, and I'd be happy for Mark Hunt and his family for the biggest win of his career.


My wife and I have an agreement that if JDS ever loses, there's something I get to take my "mind off it" and cheer me up.

WAR CIGANO



sig credit to Limba

lobster train.
khoveraki is offline  
post #45 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 01:28 AM
 
Toxic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Posts: 21,821
                     
I just wish JDS still had the belt because I think Hunt has a much better chance of beating JDS than Cain. Not cause JDS is necessarily a worse fighter but Hunt matches up much better stylistically with JDS.




"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Emanuel Newton*Will Brooks*Michael Page



Toxic is offline  
post #46 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 01:29 AM
....Omar Comin'
 
El Bresko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sydney, Australia.
Posts: 4,797
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoveraki View Post
I would feel sick to my stomach and still be confident that JDS is the #1 heavyweight in the world, and I'd be happy for Mark Hunt and his family for the biggest win of his career.


My wife and I have an agreement that if JDS ever loses, there's something I get to take my "mind off it" and cheer me up.
I like JDS too. He bothered me with his arrogance when he was calling out the Klitschkos but I guess he was just over confident in his hands.

He needs to beat Mark Hunt, i really hope he doesn't though.

Your wife sounds like a good lady







El Bresko is offline  
post #47 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 12:30 PM
Bantamweight
 
H33LHooK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Where it's cold- very cold.
Posts: 691
                     
Two things:

One: Let it never be said that Mark Hunt doesn't know how to promote a fight.

Two: If the odds are right, this might be a good time to bet on him; Cain might have stolen JDS's sole with that last beat-down.

.
H33LHooK is offline  
post #48 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 12:35 PM
OU
Ultra-weight
 
OU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,080
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by H33LHooK View Post
Two things:

One: Let it never be said that Mark Hunt doesn't know how to promote a fight.

Two: If the odds are right, this might be a good time to bet on him; Cain might have stolen JDS's sole with that last beat-down.

.
Hold on now, JDS showed tremendous heart in that fight. He simply would not allow Cain to put him away. I don't see how anyone can question his toughness and competitiveness after that fight. Cain did everything possible to break JDS and he just wouldn't break. If anything I expect to see a fired up JDS. He was ready for a rematch a week later before the swelling even went down. This man's heart is as big as it comes.
OU is offline  
post #49 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 12:45 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Idaho
Posts: 2,848
                     
I want to like Junior, but I just can't

Part of it's the massive Cain Velasquez fan in me, part of it was his arrogance and lack of humility, and the biggest part are his fans. Don't get me wrong I love khoveraki, but most of JDS' fans drive me insane.
TanyaJade is offline  
post #50 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 12:47 PM
You're Welcome.
 
Canadian Psycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Eh?
Posts: 7,723
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by H33LHooK View Post
Cain might have stolen JDS's sole with that last beat-down.
So he beat JDS down AND took his shoes?! Man, that Cain Velasquez is one cold mofo
Canadian Psycho is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome