Bisping fight a little suspect to me - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007, 10:39 AM Thread Starter
LW Contender
 
j.farrell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: maryland
Posts: 2,238
                     
Bisping fight a little suspect to me

I know there are a few guys on here that train. To those guys, I pose this question. How many times have you had a Kimura that deep and someone got out of it? Something just didnt seem right to me about that. All I kept saying was how the hell did he get out of that? And they didt show the escape. It almost seems to me (and Im not one of these big consiracy theory guys) like Dana talked to Elvis before the fight, and said hey look, if you get him in trouble at anytime DO NOT finish him. It just seemed like Elvis let him out of it to me. I gotta say, after seeing Bispings leg flying in the air from the leg kicks, and seeing him eat that knee. Im not sure how great he actually is. At some point he is going to have to fight some one that we know is good. I think Jardine would ear him apart after that preformance. Just my opion. Thoughts?
j.farrell is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007, 10:44 AM
Bantamweight
 
ufcrules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 721
                     
Not sure i agree with your consiracy theory but Bisping has a ways to go. He just needs more experience. The fact that he mauled elvis really doesn't tell me anything about the guy. And i think elvis was way too beat up and gassed to finish any kind of submission at that point.
ufcrules is offline  
post #3 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
LW Contender
 
j.farrell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: maryland
Posts: 2,238
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufcrules
Not sure i agree with your consiracy theory but Bisping has a ways to go. He just needs more experience. The fact that he mauled elvis really doesn't tell me anything about the guy. And i think elvis was way too beat up and gassed to finish any kind of submission at that point.
I can tell you, I have been tired as hell, in BJJ, and never once that I have gotten in that position was I unable to get the sub. Its just a really tough spot. I dont know.. I need to see the fight again.
j.farrell is offline  
post #4 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007, 10:58 AM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 372
 
I thought exactly that. When he got the kimura and it looked like it was locked good with a excellent grip on it that it was over for Bisping. I was waiting for the tap and when he got out of it i was shocked...

Elvis was tired and Bisping said it was a tight spot but bascially bullied his way out of it. But if i was Elvis i'd have used all my energy to make him tap. No way was i releasing that. I was shocked and wondered if he was being paid well to be a fall guy. His guard was pathetic, its like he wants to get hit in the face.
KillerG is offline  
post #5 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007, 11:01 AM Thread Starter
LW Contender
 
j.farrell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: maryland
Posts: 2,238
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerG
I thought exactly that. When he got the kimura and it looked like it was locked good with a excellent grip on it that it was over for Bisping. I was waiting for the tap and when he got out of it i was shocked...

Elvis was tired and Bisping said it was a tight spot but bascially bullied his way out of it. But if i was Elvis i'd have used all my energy to make him tap. No way was i releasing that. I was shocked and wondered if he was being paid well to be a fall guy. His guard was pathetic, its like he wants to get hit in the face.
Yeah, Im not a Bisping hater. You can check my old posts, I think the guy has a lot of potential. But he still hasnt fought anybody. And that fight just seemed suspect to me. They stopped almost immediatly after Bisping got back on top too. Atleast some one else felt it was a little strange.
j.farrell is offline  
post #6 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007, 11:01 AM
Oil
Bantamweight
 
Oil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 536
 
From what I saw he had the Kimura almost locked in but as he brought it back Bisping straighted out his elbom which relieved the pressure. After that happened Elvis gave up on trying to get Mike's elbow belt back (would take to much effort) and let go of the Kimura.

"You can light a fire for a man and he will be warm for a day."
OR
"You can light a man on fire and he'll be warm for a lifetime."

My Top 6
BW = Miguel Torres
LW = Tyson Griffin
WW = GSP
MW = Gegard Mousasi
LHW = Lyota Machida
HW = Fedor
Oil is offline  
post #7 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007, 11:10 AM
Dr. Pepper Fan
 
Green Scape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,698
                     
I don't think there was any conspiracy that WE already didn't know about. Rogan and Goldie were making fun in the beginning, "Yeh Sinosic is a great gatekeeper, he's an excellent gatekeeper for the Lhws.."

Bisping was supposed to win for English PR.

He wasn't gonna tap over a Kimura, not to compare but to put in perspective, remember when Hughes tried the Kimura on Gracie, he wasn't going to tap because he wasn't going to be submitted like that on tv. Same thing for Bisping, he wasn't gonna tap in front of his family and country regardless, maybe Sinosic's had it deep, could've slipped off or lost the angle, they were all over the mat.. ur right though I couldn't see how Bisping got out, but I'm sure it was a no-dealy, just wasn't going out like that, and was lucky enough to slip out.
Green Scape is offline  
post #8 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007, 11:19 AM Thread Starter
LW Contender
 
j.farrell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: maryland
Posts: 2,238
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Scape
I don't think there was any conspiracy that WE already didn't know about. Rogan and Goldie were making fun in the beginning, "Yeh Sinosic is a great gatekeeper, he's an excellent gatekeeper for the Lhws.."

Bisping was supposed to win for English PR.

He wasn't gonna tap over a Kimura, not to compare but to put in perspective, remember when Hughes tried the Kimura on Gracie, he wasn't going to tap because he wasn't going to be submitted like that on tv. Same thing for Bisping, he wasn't gonna tap in front of his family and country regardless, maybe Sinosic's had it deep, could've slipped off or lost the angle, they were all over the mat.. ur right though I couldn't see how Bisping got out, but I'm sure it was a no-dealy, just wasn't going out like that, and was lucky enough to slip out.
Whats crazy, is it seemed like Elvis never really cranked it though. It wa slike he had it. He could have rotated and got the W. But it seemed like he let it go. It didnt seem like Bisping escaped.
j.farrell is offline  
post #9 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007, 11:37 AM
Dr. Pepper Fan
 
Green Scape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,698
                     
I remember before the fight started. How much Bisping was getting interviewed, all the public relation work he was doing, and working to be the ultimate ambassador for the American to British market, and not to mention how much UFC.com was nuthugging him full of articles.

I remember asking myself, "man oh man, it would sure suck if this guy lost, it would ruin everything..." Then I started thinking how can the UFC let him lose? feed him someone like Sinosic? But there's too many variables in MMA, would Dana take this chance? He's gotta fight sometime and the way things have been going with upsets, it's pretty scary putting an important guy like Bisping out there... you gotta good point, I really need to see this fight again...
Green Scape is offline  
post #10 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007, 11:51 AM
The Grasshopper
 
CAPTAIN PEGLEG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 221
                     
Nah I watched the fight again and I think Bisping won fair and square. Sinosic was really tired and beaten up in the 2nd round and was just too dazed and tired to finish the fight.

"OK I'm sorry... Bang! Bang! Bang! No I'm not!"- Bas Rutten

"I think you should be able to kick in the head, it’s a fun thing to do."- Wanderlei Silva
CAPTAIN PEGLEG is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome