***OFFICIAL*** Alexis Davis vs. Rosi Sexton Thread - Page 5 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Alexis Davis 6 100.00%
Rosi Sexton 0 0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Reply

Old 06-16-2013, 06:22 PM   #41 (permalink)
Ultra-weight
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,252
jonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowgirl View Post
That's not what I meant. There's blanket statements being made about the entirety of WMMA based on a few fighters. No one is saying "the UFC sucks because of this card" or MMA is awful because of the way Shields fights.

Sent from Verticalsports.com App
Perhaps I have to go back and re-read the thread, but has anyone said the UFC sucks because they have women fights? Or the card sucked because a woman fight was on the main card? Or are they just saying they don't like WMMA just as people are saying they don't like Jake Shields?
jonnyg4508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 06-16-2013, 06:27 PM   #42 (permalink)

 
CupCake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Milton Keynes, UK
Posts: 7,387
Blog Entries: 13
CupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is Untouchable
I think in previous converstaions on here regarding WMMA the tone has sometimes swayed the way of "the UFC sucks because they have women fights". Very rarely, but opinions have seemed rather derogatory towards WMMA in places.
__________________
Sig Credit: KRY

Invicta 9 Pick 'em here!
CupCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 06:42 PM   #43 (permalink)
Ultra-weight
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,252
jonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings System
I think the ones backing WMMA just need thicker skin. Fighters and posters get bashed here and no one cries foul besides the WMMA backers.
jonnyg4508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 06:55 PM   #44 (permalink)
You're Welcome.
 
Canadian Psycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Eh?
Posts: 7,555
Canadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF Material
To be honest, it only really matters what 'you' think. If you're a fan of WMMA, what does it matter what some online nobody has to say.

It goes without saying that WMMA is no different than men's MMA in one regard - there will be fun fights, and there will be poor fights. I could see why someone might not care for Davis vs. Sexton, and that's their right.
Canadian Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:11 PM   #45 (permalink)
Kneel Before Christ!
 
Roflcopter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 7,974
Roflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowgirl View Post
That's not what I meant. There's blanket statements being made about the entirety of WMMA based on a few fighters. No one is saying "the UFC sucks because of this card" or MMA is awful because of the way Shields fights.

Sent from Verticalsports.com App
Alexis Davis is literally the third best female fighter in the world, and she makes Royce Gracie look like Mirko Cro Cop.


Im absolutely stunned that she couldn't finish what was, for all intents and purposes, a can.


This division is literally worse than Heavyweight. Literally...and by a wide margin.
__________________
Roflcopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:23 PM   #46 (permalink)
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
 
osmium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 6,517
osmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowgirl View Post
That's not what I meant. There's blanket statements being made about the entirety of WMMA based on a few fighters. No one is saying "the UFC sucks because of this card" or MMA is awful because of the way Shields fights.

Sent from Verticalsports.com App
You are taking your argument to fraudulent extremes. There is more apathy and contempt for the smaller men's weight classes and with far less reason than for the female division.
osmium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:23 PM   #47 (permalink)

 
CupCake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Milton Keynes, UK
Posts: 7,387
Blog Entries: 13
CupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is Untouchable
If Rosi Sexton is a "can", you've clearly never watched any Womens MMA.
__________________
Sig Credit: KRY

Invicta 9 Pick 'em here!
CupCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:25 PM   #48 (permalink)

 
CupCake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Milton Keynes, UK
Posts: 7,387
Blog Entries: 13
CupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is Untouchable
Quote:
Originally Posted by osmium View Post
You are taking your argument to fraudulent extremes. There is more apathy and contempt for the smaller men's weight classes and with far less reason than for the female division.
Re-read the post I made...it looks like you really need to.

no arguement...no fraudulent extreme here.
__________________
Sig Credit: KRY

Invicta 9 Pick 'em here!
CupCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:29 PM   #49 (permalink)
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
 
osmium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 6,517
osmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar-Free_LizaG View Post
Re-read the post I made...it looks like you really need to.

no arguement...no fraudulent extreme here.
I just quoted the wrong person. I meant to respond to what Cowgirl said.
osmium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:33 PM   #50 (permalink)
Kneel Before Christ!
 
Roflcopter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 7,974
Roflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar-Free_LizaG View Post
If Rosi Sexton is a "can", you've clearly never watched any Womens MMA.
I don't enjoy watching bad fighters so yeah I typically avoid it.

Rosi is a can, and I clearly dont watch women's mma with any regularity.


Both statements are highly accurate.
__________________
Roflcopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios