***OFFICIAL*** Alexis Davis vs. Rosi Sexton Thread - Page 6 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

View Poll Results: Who wins?
Alexis Davis 6 100.00%
Rosi Sexton 0 0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-16-2013, 07:35 PM
Cupcake: Team Tate
 
LizaG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Milton Keynes, UK
Posts: 10,369
Blog Entries: 13
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by osmium View Post
I just quoted the wrong person. I meant to respond to what Cowgirl said.
okey-dokey...coolio

And Roflcopter, I apologise...I read that comment several times over and it couldn't have been serious...my bad I didn't notice
LizaG is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #52 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-16-2013, 07:40 PM
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
 
osmium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 6,517
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar-Free_LizaG View Post
okey-dokey...coolio

And Roflcopter, I apologise...I read that comment several times over and it couldn't have been serious...my bad I didn't notice
osmium is offline  
post #53 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-16-2013, 08:02 PM
The Chosen One
 
Cookie Monster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Canada's East Coast
Posts: 1,487
Blog Entries: 5
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by osmium View Post
You are taking your argument to fraudulent extremes. There is more apathy and contempt for the smaller men's weight classes and with far less reason than for the female division.
I certainly can't deny that there is a lot of hate for the smaller weight classes, but that's more of a lateral comparison than a direct contrast.

Sent from Verticalsports.com App

The poster formerly known as Cowgirl


Thanks to Killz for the great sig!

Cookie Monster is offline  
post #54 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-16-2013, 08:58 PM
It's a league game, Smokey
 
Ape City's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Planet of the Apes
Posts: 8,199
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by osmium View Post
You are taking your argument to fraudulent extremes. There is more apathy and contempt for the smaller men's weight classes and with far less reason than for the female division.
Meh, name another sport other than boxing and horse riding that features extremely small men that fit into the flyweight division.

The hate both small guys and girls receive is inevitably for the same reason.


mad props: Toxic
Ape City is offline  
post #55 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-16-2013, 10:17 PM
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
 
osmium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 6,517
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ape City View Post
Meh, name another sport other than boxing and horse riding that features extremely small men that fit into the flyweight division.

The hate both small guys and girls receive is inevitably for the same reason.
There are people in all of them that are the height of Dominic Cruz. It isn't just 125 that gets that.
osmium is offline  
post #56 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-16-2013, 10:25 PM
It's a league game, Smokey
 
Ape City's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Planet of the Apes
Posts: 8,199
                     
What does that have to do with small men not being as deserving of the hate as women in mma?

Quote:
far less reason
Why do tiny men deserve less hate than women?


mad props: Toxic
Ape City is offline  
post #57 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-16-2013, 10:27 PM
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
 
osmium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 6,517
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ape City View Post
What does that have to do with small men not being as deserving of the hate as women in mma?



Why do tiny men deserve less hate than women?
There isn't a single female fighter that has half of the skill and athleticism as Mighty Mouse.
osmium is offline  
post #58 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-16-2013, 10:31 PM
It's a league game, Smokey
 
Ape City's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Planet of the Apes
Posts: 8,199
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by osmium View Post
There isn't a single female fighter that has half of the skill and athleticism as Mighty Mouse.
Still doesn't mean anyone wants to watch him.


mad props: Toxic
Ape City is offline  
post #59 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-16-2013, 10:31 PM
Cupcake: Team Tate
 
LizaG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Milton Keynes, UK
Posts: 10,369
Blog Entries: 13
                     
So yeah That Davis/Sexton fight was fun! ....moving on!
LizaG is online now  
post #60 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-16-2013, 10:41 PM
The Chosen One
 
Cookie Monster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Canada's East Coast
Posts: 1,487
Blog Entries: 5
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar-Free_LizaG View Post
So yeah That Davis/Sexton fight was fun! ....moving on!
Agreed, was easily one of the top 2 fights on the card in my opinion. I think we'll all have to agree to disagree on the other subject

The poster formerly known as Cowgirl


Thanks to Killz for the great sig!

Cookie Monster is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome