Benson Henderson Takes to Facebook to Report, Vilify New UFC Dress Code - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

View Poll Results: Should the UFC implement a strict dress code for all fighters?

Yes, they should all be required to wear suits. 7 23.33%
No, they should be allowed to wear casual clothing. 9 30.00%
I don't care. 14 46.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Reply

Old 06-19-2013, 04:13 PM   #21 (permalink)
I Finish Threads
 
HexRei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,286
HexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by amoosenamedhank View Post
Then no one should mind if he's in jeans a shoes either.
...? I don't think they do, in general. That's my point. The only person that cares is the person wearing the clothes, because it's their comfort level at stake.
__________________
His helmet was stifling, it narrowed his vision. And he must see far. His shield was heavy. It threw him off balance. And his target is far away.
HexRei is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 06-19-2013, 04:32 PM   #22 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
amoosenamedhank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,427
amoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by HexRei View Post
...? I don't think they do, in general. That's my point. The only person that cares is the person wearing the clothes, because it's their comfort level at stake.
I guess I'm just not that concerned with them being ubber comfy.... They wear shorts and sweats 90% of their life... they can handle putting on some shoes and jeans for a little PR time.

Hell, there are unemployed people who wear sweats less than these guys.

I just don't think it's asking too much.
amoosenamedhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:42 PM   #23 (permalink)
I Finish Threads
 
HexRei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,286
HexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by amoosenamedhank View Post
I guess I'm just not that concerned with them being ubber comfy.... They wear shorts and sweats 90% of their life... they can handle putting on some shoes and jeans for a little PR time.

Hell, there are unemployed people who wear sweats less than these guys.

I just don't think it's asking too much.
It's not asking too much, but every request should have some reasoning behind it. I don't think there is any good reasoning for this move. That's what I've been talking about. No one was bothered by the shorts and flip flops.

If all that matters is what's not "too much", we could institute all kinds of minor requirements on the basis that its not too much to ask. It's not too much to ask fighters not to eat fish on wednesdays, for example. But why?
__________________
His helmet was stifling, it narrowed his vision. And he must see far. His shield was heavy. It threw him off balance. And his target is far away.
HexRei is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:29 PM   #24 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
amoosenamedhank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,427
amoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by HexRei View Post
It's not asking too much, but every request should have some reasoning behind it. I don't think there is any good reasoning for this move. That's what I've been talking about. No one was bothered by the shorts and flip flops.

If all that matters is what's not "too much", we could institute all kinds of minor requirements on the basis that its not too much to ask. It's not too much to ask fighters not to eat fish on wednesdays, for example. But why?
The fighter is traveling on the company's dime, and promoting for the company and their brand. You may not be bothered by what the fighters are currently wearing, but if the owner is looking to set a certain look or tone, he is well within his right to do so.

When ever you fly on a commercial flight on the behalf of the military, you are required to wear your dress blues. Would anyone else in that airport or airplane care if you wore sweatpants instead? No, they probably wouldn't. Doesn't matter, the military as decided when you fly on their time, you are going to look professional while doing so.

These aren't laws, these are rules... if the fighters honestly can't live with them, they can always quit.

At my job, dress code is pretty relaxed. However, if the VP showed up tomorrow and told us all business casual or business attire, well... I guess I better dust those slacks off or my resume... my choice.
amoosenamedhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:39 PM   #25 (permalink)
I Finish Threads
 
HexRei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,286
HexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by amoosenamedhank View Post
The fighter is traveling on the company's dime, and promoting for the company and their brand. You may not be bothered by what the fighters are currently wearing, but if the owner is looking to set a certain look or tone, he is well within his right to do so.

When ever you fly on a commercial flight on the behalf of the military, you are required to wear your dress blues. Would anyone else in that airport or airplane care if you wore sweatpants instead? No, they probably wouldn't. Doesn't matter, the military as decided when you fly on their time, you are going to look professional while doing so.

These aren't laws, these are rules... if the fighters honestly can't live with them, they can always quit.

At my job, dress code is pretty relaxed. However, if the VP showed up tomorrow and told us all business casual or business attire, well... I guess I better dust those slacks off or my resume... my choice.
No one's saying it's not the employer's right, if you think that's what I have implied here we are having a serious breakdown in communication. I'm asking for a *reason*. "Because he's trying to set a look or tone" is a sort of reason I suppose, but it makes no sense to me. No one is going to be mistaking them for business execs. These are guys who do their jobs wearing nothing but a pair of shorts and half the time looking like horror film victims.

I feel like your argument is boiling down to "cuz the UFC said so", but I already addressed the topic of arbitrary rules. Yes, they can institute them. Yes I still have a right to voice an opinion, and if I can't see a good reason for them. it's probably not going to be a positive one.
__________________
His helmet was stifling, it narrowed his vision. And he must see far. His shield was heavy. It threw him off balance. And his target is far away.
HexRei is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:38 PM   #26 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
Iuanes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,172
Iuanes Is A BallerIuanes Is A BallerIuanes Is A BallerIuanes Is A BallerIuanes Is A BallerIuanes Is A BallerIuanes Is A BallerIuanes Is A BallerIuanes Is A BallerIuanes Is A BallerIuanes Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by amoosenamedhank View Post
Because they own the business and are trying to up hold a certain dress standard.

How much money they have is irrelevant.... they own the company, they asked their employes to do something rather reasonable.... and the employing (who is well compensated for his efforts) is complaining cuz he can't wear his flippy floppies anymore.
Why are they trying to uphold a dress standard? To make more or not lose money right?

I agree that how much money someone has is irrelevant to caring what clothes they (or others) wear,so why mention it at all?

At some point, how you like to portray yourself in public can't be bought, nor do I think it really matters in terms of the bottom line.
Iuanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:46 PM   #27 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
GDPofDRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,848
GDPofDRB Is Beloved By AllGDPofDRB Is Beloved By AllGDPofDRB Is Beloved By AllGDPofDRB Is Beloved By AllGDPofDRB Is Beloved By AllGDPofDRB Is Beloved By AllGDPofDRB Is Beloved By AllGDPofDRB Is Beloved By AllGDPofDRB Is Beloved By AllGDPofDRB Is Beloved By AllGDPofDRB Is Beloved By All
it's only press tours, I don't care.

I relate more to this style though


then this style

Last edited by GDPofDRB : 06-19-2013 at 09:20 PM. Reason: press tours
GDPofDRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:24 PM   #28 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
amoosenamedhank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,427
amoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by HexRei View Post
No one's saying it's not the employer's right, if you think that's what I have implied here we are having a serious breakdown in communication. I'm asking for a *reason*. "Because he's trying to set a look or tone" is a sort of reason I suppose, but it makes no sense to me. No one is going to be mistaking them for business execs. These are guys who do their jobs wearing nothing but a pair of shorts and half the time looking like horror film victims.

I feel like your argument is boiling down to "cuz the UFC said so", but I already addressed the topic of arbitrary rules. Yes, they can institute them. Yes I still have a right to voice an opinion, and if I can't see a good reason for them. it's probably not going to be a positive one.
I guess you can't see why and I can't see why not... so it is what it is.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
amoosenamedhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:19 PM   #29 (permalink)
Amateur
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 131
halifaxdonair is a jewel in the roughhalifaxdonair is a jewel in the roughhalifaxdonair is a jewel in the roughhalifaxdonair is a jewel in the roughhalifaxdonair is a jewel in the roughhalifaxdonair is a jewel in the roughhalifaxdonair is a jewel in the roughhalifaxdonair is a jewel in the roughhalifaxdonair is a jewel in the roughhalifaxdonair is a jewel in the roughhalifaxdonair is a jewel in the rough
I don't think it is important whether or not a company has a right to force this. What is important is that someone forces the Diaz brothers to wear suits.
halifaxdonair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:43 PM   #30 (permalink)
HiiiPoWeR
 
Rauno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Estonia
Posts: 15,542
Rauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among Men
Quote:
Originally Posted by amoosenamedhank View Post
It's basically just a work boot... but became popular with certain "hip hop" dress styles



Yeah, the ones i imagined. Pretty ironic how they can't wear these when last year their employees HAD to wear them.

Sent from my GT-S5660 using VerticalSports.Com App
__________________
Rauno is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios